Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

resodko

BANNED
Banned
That poor, innocent doctor. She did nothing wrong, right?

exactly!

what she did was right

tards like you think it's wrong

So let's say that a Christian couple found the doctor they wanted for their soon-to-be-born child, and they scheduled an appointment well in advance. And that doctor accepted the child, with her parents, as a patient. Then only days after the blessed event they took their precious child to that anticipated, scheduled first appointment. Then after being led to the exam room and waiting for their doctor's arrival they are greeted by a different doctor who told them that their doctor, a Catholic, had been praying about it and decided their child was not worthy of her services because they were protestant, but here, you deserve this doctor of my choosing. So get over it.

except that's not what happened

and it's really really retarded of you to misrepresent it that way

It would be a slap in the face to anyone....

anyone who was retarded, yes

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I wonder if she will be coerced to conform? :think: The American Medical Association/Pediatrics Association was not at all supportive of her, and said they support "diversity" ......

as long as that diversity doesn't include Christianity, eh?

Ardima

exactly!

what she did was right

tards like you think it's wrong

What she did was possibly hinder any opportunity to share the Love of God with that couple.

Jesus not only ate with publicans and sinners; he healed and fed them as well. What that doctor is doing is quenching the Spirit in the name of her religious convictions. Just like the Pharisees.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
What she did was possibly hinder any opportunity to share the Love of God with that couple.

Jesus not only ate with publicans and sinners; he healed and fed them as well. What that doctor is doing is quenching the Spirit in the name of her religious convictions. Just like the Pharisees.

one never knows how this will play out in the hearts of sinners

perhaps her actions will bring them to a realization that their sinful lifestyle is wrong in God's eyes

you do agree that their sinful lifestyle is wrong in God's eyes, don't you?

Ardima

one never knows how this will play out in the hearts of sinners

perhaps her actions will bring them to a realization that their sinful lifestyle is wrong in God's eyes

you do agree that their sinful lifestyle is wrong in God's eyes, don't you?

Of course, thats not even in question. But too often we cast the first stone when Jesus did not.

Last edited:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Of course, thats not even in question. But too often we cast the first stone ehen Jesus did not.

"refusing to accept perverts as clients" = "casting the first stone" ??? :freak:

:nono:

did Jesus accept the woman taken in adultery unconditionally?

Ardima

did Jesus accept the woman taken in adultery unconditionally?

The Bible said:
"Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you?"
"No man Lord."
"I do not condemn you either: go, and sin no more."

To what condition do you refer? The condition of no one condemning her so he does not; or, the condition of sinning no more?

It can't be the latter unless you truly believe that someone can go and sin no more... So, it must be the former. If they could not accuse her; how is it that we find it so easy to condemn others? Not to mention the fact that children are not to be condemned for the sins of the parents, nor the parents for the sins of the children. Its like saying "I'm sorry, but I cannot take your child as a client because he was born out of wedlock..." You cannot tell me that in any of those crowds that Jesus fed that there were no homosexual sins being committed among them. Especially in that time period. And you can't tell me that when Jesus turned the water into wine that there were no alcoholics in attendance at the wedding.

"refusing to accept perverts as clients" = "casting the first stone" ??? :freak:

"refusing to accept unbelieving sinners as clients because they sin" = "a logical reason to withhold service to a child"??? :freak:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
To what condition do you refer? The condition of no one condemning her so he does not; or, the condition of sinning no more?

It can't be the latter unless you truly believe that someone can go and sin no more...

it is the latter and i've pondered this line for a long time - started a thread or two about it too

most people believe what He was saying was "Quit practicing adultery! :sibbie: "

Ardima

these are not unbelieving sinners

these are sinners who want their sin accepted as "normal"

How does wanting their sin accepted as "normal" negate them from being unbelieving sinners? Besides, they cannot want their sin accepted as "normal" when they do not even believe what they are doing is a sin; thus, again, showing that they are unbelieving sinners.

show me an example of Jesus accepting those who wanted Him to accept their sin as "normal"

Sure, just as soon as you show me an example of a sinner who wanted Jesus to accept their sin as "normal".

Honestly, how hard is it for a Christian business person to tell a client, "Because God loves you and has died for you I will provide my service; but, before I do, you must know that neither I nor God condone your sinful lifestyle."

That statement does two things. It shares the love of God with them while putting the ball in their court, and it turns the situation into them accepting your service knowing that it is against your religious convictions. This way you are not breaking any laws by withholding service; and yet, you are neither accepting nor condoning their sin before men or God.

Ardima

the money changers in the temple, the sadducees, the pharisees...

They never wanted Jesus to accept their sin as "normal". They truly believed that they followed the letter of the law. They all wanted Jesus to accept their good merits and overlook their sin. Not the same at all.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
They never wanted Jesus to accept their sin as "normal".

of course they did - they didn't even recognize it as sin

you prove it in your next sentence:
They truly believed that they followed the letter of the law.

these lesbians truly believe that they are married because our laws are so screwed up

resodko

BANNED
Banned
you conveniently forgot to address the latter part of my post...

no, i saw no point in reiterating what i've said before...

...but i will

this is your approach

however, dr roi prayed long and hard and came to a different conclusion - was led to it by the Holy Spirit as being a correct choice for her

can you respect that?

Ardima

it is the latter and i've pondered this line for a long time - started a thread or two about it too

most people believe what He was saying was "Quit practicing adultery! :sibbie: "

I realized that I never addressed this post. I apologize.

If you look at the whole of Jesus's ministry, what he was saying isn't, "Quit practicing adultery!" (though it can legitimately be implied as well) He was saying, "Go and love the Lord your God with all of your heart, strength, mind, and soul!" Sin is a love problem. This is the same commandment that He gave Adam in the Garden of Eden. Transgressing the law is the result of sin, which is the manifestation of a lack of love toward and for God.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
maybe i'll see if i can find one of those old threads and bump it back up - prolly not 'till after the weekend tho

Ardima

no, i saw no point in reiterating what i've said before...

...but i will

this is your approach

however, dr roi prayed long and hard and came to a different conclusion - was led to it by the Holy Spirit as being a correct choice for her

can you respect that?

My approach? You mean the approach taken by God when He sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins?

You say that Dr. Roi prayed long and hard and came to a different conclusion that you call correct.

I call it taking the easy way out. It is always easier to refuse service to someone and hide behind a "religious conviction." It is always harder to have love and compassion for those who do not know Christ.

It is not a matter of a different conclusion that was right for her, but a matter of maturity. I am not saying she is wrong in her convictions, I am saying she is wrong in how she handled her situation. What is done is done. I am not so blind as to not see that it was God's plan to use her decision to start conversations that would lead to the maturation of others. After all, are we not conversing now?