ECT PAUL'S REAL GOSPEL !!

Wick Stick

Regular dispensationism? What does that mean? Do you mean to tell me that you acknowledge that not everything in the Bible is for you? Many things are for other people at other times. Is this what you believe?

Or are you going to tell me that you built a 300 cubit long ark for salvation?
Yes. It's clear that everything in the Bible is not written FOR me, or TO me. Actually, very little is written to any individual. Most everything is addressed to the group.

No, there is not an ark in my backyard. Yet.

My theology is a variation of covenant theology, rather than dispensational, though.

Jarrod

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sure you do.
1 Cor 15:47 (KJV)

Explain it.

Only after His sending at His baptism by John--

Joh 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
Joh 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
Joh 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

LA

DAN P

Wick Stick; You seem to have adopted the heresy that there are multiple gospels. Jarrod[/QUOTE said:
Hi and where is there a verse that DISPENSATIONALISM is HERESY !!

TRY 1 COR 9:17 OR Eph 3:2 or Col 1:25 , are they HERESY ??

DAN P

Wick Stick

Hi and where is there a verse that DISPENSATIONALISM is HERESY !!

TRY 1 COR 9:17 OR Eph 3:2 or Col 1:25 , are they HERESY ??

DAN P
There isn't... but that isn't what I said.

I'm not a Dispensationalist, but I used to be. Dispensationalism isn't about multiple gospels.

It is still about just one Way - no other name under heaven whereby we might be saved - but a difference in HOW different groups are drawn to the Living Christ. Classical Dispensationalism lays out 7 dispensations:

1 Innocence
2 Conscience
3 Human Government
4 Promise
5 Law
6 Grace
7 Divine Government

So, for example, in dispensation #2, people were drawn to Christ through Conscience. Conscience did not redeem them, though. Christ did.

Under the Law (#5), the exercise of the Law did not make the people righteous, but rather, the Law served to convict the sinner of his unrighteousness, which (again) leads them to Christ, who is the Redeemer.

Under grace (#6), it is the grace of God that pulls men towards Jesus. But it is still Jesus who saves.

There is but one gospel, and that is Christ crucified, risen and sitting at the right hand of Glory, interceding on behalf of mankind. The only thing that changes is how man finds Him.

This movement here at TOL and elsewhere that says there are multiple gospels - that isn't Dispensationalism. That's not even Mid-Acts Dispensationalism (which draws the line between #5 Law and #6 Grace a bit later than Classical Dispensationalism).

Those who preach such a thing are carrying the idea of dispensations to an extreme. You should come up with another name for your doctrine. 2-gospel dispensationalism, or 3, or 7, or whatever. Maybe just call yourself Paulians. I don't think you're Christians anymore, since you've stuck Christ and His teachings in a bucket that you say doesn't apply to yourself.

Jarrod

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The second man IS the Lord from heaven.
Why don't you believe it?

Are you claiming the man Jesus came from Heaven, as if He was already a man in Heaven.

or is it not the truth that the man came from man and God came from Heaven to make Him the Man He is and sent Him into the world from His baptism onward.

Was not John sent from Heaven?

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is still about just one Way - no other name under heaven whereby we might be saved
So then, what is the word of truth , the gospel of your salvation? If it's always been the same one piece of good news, why did Paul preach that his gospel was kept secret since the world began, but now (then) was made manifest? Why did God keep it a mystery? And where is it in the OT that a people like you and me could be saved?

DAN P

There isn't... but that isn't what I said.

I'm not a Dispensationalist, but I used to be. Dispensationalism isn't about multiple gospels.

It is still about just one Way - no other name under heaven whereby we might be saved - but a difference in HOW different groups are drawn to the Living Christ. Classical Dispensationalism lays out 7 dispensations:

1 Innocence
2 Conscience
3 Human Government
4 Promise
5 Law
6 Grace
7 Divine Government

So, for example, in dispensation #2, people were drawn to Christ through Conscience. Conscience did not redeem them, though. Christ did.

Under the Law (#5), the exercise of the Law did not make the people righteous, but rather, the Law served to convict the sinner of his unrighteousness, which (again) leads them to Christ, who is the Redeemer.

Under grace (#6), it is the grace of God that pulls men towards Jesus. But it is still Jesus who saves.

There is but one gospel, and that is Christ crucified, risen and sitting at the right hand of Glory, interceding on behalf of mankind. The only thing that changes is how man finds Him.

This movement here at TOL and elsewhere that says there are multiple gospels - that isn't Dispensationalism. That's not even Mid-Acts Dispensationalism (which draws the line between #5 Law and #6 Grace a bit later than Classical Dispensationalism).

Those who preach such a thing are carrying the idea of dispensations to an extreme. You should come up with another name for your doctrine. 2-gospel dispensationalism, or 3, or 7, or whatever. Maybe just call yourself Paulians. I don't think you're Christians anymore, since you've stuck Christ and His teachings in a bucket that you say doesn't apply to yourself.

Jarrod

Hi and DISPENSATIONALISM is before all other " ISM " and that means the LAW of MOSES which includes PENTECOST !!

There are 2 verses that explain it Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9 chosen in Him before / PRO the creation of the AGES !

We are Pauline and ANYONE who says that he was DISPENDATIONAL and goes BACK to COVENANT THEOLOGY , or Acts 2 PENTECOSTALISM is Fallen from Grace and is ACCURSED as Gal 5:4 and Gal 1:8 , so you have your own Angel I see !!

dan p

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you claiming the man Jesus came from Heaven, as if He was already a man in Heaven.

or is it not the truth that the man came from man and God came from Heaven to make Him the Man He is and sent Him into the world from His baptism onward.

Was not John sent from Heaven?

LA

Oh, the absurdity of some?