Paul's gospel was a mystery!

Danoh

You won't find explanations like this in the bible. It's nothing but mad spin.

In other words, Paul was addressing people who were formerly pagans. That is all. No more no less.

There is a very small minority within MAD like STP and heir who hold this spin of theirs.

MAD in general holds that the Greeks were just another way of saying the Gentiles.

Sort of like how the Brits say "you Americans" while at other times use the phrase "you Yanks."

Yanks had originally been a negative that referred to the American troops within the British military before the Revolutionary War, at which point "the Yanks" were viewed as "aliens" etc.

Due to the previous, Greek Empire, the Greeks had once been held in the same contempt for their pagan idolatry by the Jew as the Romans now were.

In this, the word Greeks referred as much to a lost pagan Gentile, who was without God in the world, as to a Greek in nationality.

Just as the Romans referred to anyone not a Roman as a Barbarian.

While the word Grecian referred to a Jew who followed Greek customs, philosophy, etc - a Hellenic, or Hellenized Jew.

Just goes to show the importance of the history of a thing and what ignorance of it ends some at.

In this, you also reveal your ignorance as well, andyc.

For the views on some of these things as espoused by heir and STP are held by very few within MAD.

andyc

There is a very small minority within MAD like STP and heir who hold this spin of theirs.

MAD in general holds that the Greeks were just another way of saying the Gentiles.

Sort of like how the Brits say "you Americans" while at other times use the phrase "you Yanks."

Yanks had originally been a negative that referred to the American troops within the British military before the Revolutionary War, at which point "the Yanks" were viewed as "aliens" etc.

Due to the previous, Greek Empire, the Greeks had once been held in the same contempt for their pagan idolatry by the Jew as the Romans now were.

In this, the word Greeks referred as much to a lost pagan Gentile, who was without God in the world, as to a Greek in nationality.

Just as the Romans referred to anyone not a Roman as a Barbarian.

While the word Grecian referred to a Jew who followed Greek customs, philosophy, etc - a Hellenic, or Hellenized Jew.

Just goes to show the importance of the history of a thing and what ignorance of it ends some at.

In this, you also reveal your ignorance as well, andyc.

For the views on some of these things as espoused by heir and STP are held by very few within MAD.

STP and W are what I call the mad left wing liberals.
Nick M and musty boy are the the mad right wingers.

Makes me laugh actually, because the lefties hate repentance, and preach against it, but the righties speak out against homosexuality and abortion, and so to turn against these sorts of things would require repentance.

Mad is a confusing mess, even among themselves.

Zeke

STP and W are what I call the mad left wing liberals.
Nick M and musty boy are the the mad right wingers.

Makes me laugh actually, because the lefties hate repentance, and preach against it, but the righties speak out against homosexuality and abortion, and so to turn against these sorts of things would require repentance.

Mad is a confusing mess, even among themselves.

The mad grace movement has a oxymoronic sound to it.

God's Truth

Paul's gospel was a mystery. Why don't you believe his report?

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Peter and Paul preached the same mystery.

1 Peter 1:10-12 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Romans 16:25-26 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him--

Last edited:

andyc

I'm all for biblical repentance, not your penty definition of it.

There's no such thing as a penty definition.
Repentance is simply a change of heart concerning sin. A person cannot have a desire to be saved, if they do not know why they need to be saved.
W makes me laugh, cause he keeps telling me to get saved, but saved from what exactly?:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's no such thing as a penty definition.
Repentance is simply a change of heart concerning sin. A person cannot have a desire to be saved, if they do not know why they need to be saved.
W makes me laugh, cause he keeps telling me to get saved, but saved from what exactly?:chuckle:

You poor soul. You're lost in a "Maelstrom of Ignorance." I feel your pain.