Paul's gospel was a mystery!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You were shown by the scripture that Paul is the apostle OF the Gentiles in Romans 11:13 KJV, but that wasn't enough for you. You'll reject these facts to in favor of your denomination but here they are anyway for someone with their eyes and ears wide open!

Paul was committed the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV), not Peter. Paul was given the gospel (of our salvation) by direct revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV), not Peter. Paul was given a dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) not Peter. Paul was given the dispensation of God to fulfill the word of God (Colossians 1:25 KJV) not Peter. We are commanded to build on the foundation Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV) not Peter, follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV) not Peter, hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) not Peter and on and on...

Made up.

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

heir

TOL Subscriber
A single verse in the Bible doesn't rectify your entire belief system. You've all made a mockery of Sola Scriptura- it does not mean rejecting oral tradition and Christian history. Paul was a great edifier, but he is not the only apostle given to the other 99% of the world alone. Sorry that you can't face reality, and rather labor under legal fictions of scripture.
You've been given much more to deal with than one verse, but you believe none of it and choke on it all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Made up.

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Get a haircut and take a shave, Pops. You'll be sorry to hear, the 60s just called and said you're no longer needed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Made up.

That salvation is receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). It's of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

We who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of OUR salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)"are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)/Our sins are gone (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Peter was given the keys to the kingdom of heaven of which keys have to do with binding and loosing (Matthew 16:19 KJV).

2 Peter

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I am not nor can I be in the kingdom of heaven and neither can you.

You best stick to speakin' for yourself.

1 Corinthians 15:48
As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

God's Truth

PJ says, "I never said we do not have to obey I said you CAN'T obey."

If you tell people they can't obey---then you are telling them they do not have to obey.

God's Truth

Paul was an able minister of the NT, not of the letter, but of the spirit...(2 Corinthians 3:6 KJV). Paul confirms who the NC is about (Israel) and when Israel's sins will be taken away in one accord with what Peter preached in Acts 3:19-21 KJV, what was preached in 1 John 1:9 KJV and Hebrews (Hebrews 8:12 KJV). That is in contrast to we, the saved today/members of the Body of Christ. Our sins are gone! We have been forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)! We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)! Things that are different are not the same! The sooner you recognize that there were two bodies of believers (not bodies of Christ) in the "NT", the less confused you will be.

You have not proved any difference.

God's Truth

The letter of the new testament: God writes his laws on THEIR hearts and CAUSES THEM to keep his statutes

The spirit of the new testament: This is the righteousness of God IMPUTED to us, credited to us, based on HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

There is a difference.

Do you believe you have the Holy Spirit living inside you?

God's Truth

The letter of the new testament: God writes his laws on THEIR hearts and CAUSES THEM to keep his statutes

The spirit of the new testament: This is the righteousness of God IMPUTED to us, credited to us, based on HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

There is a difference.

When a person is given the Holy Spirit---THAT IS having the laws written on your heart and mind.

Who gets the laws written on their heart and mind? Those who are given the Holy Spirit.

Who receives the Holy Spirit?

Those who receive the Holy Spirit are those who obey and repented.

God's Truth

Pontiff of the Gentiles? Peter?
That's a good one!

What was Peter doing eating with all those Gentiles and not telling them about the gospel?

When an apostle would preach to anyone, it was good manners to have them stay to eat.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Acts 11:3 and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."

Peter used to preach the one and only gospel to the Gentiles, but stopped because he was afraid of the Jews.

Paul used to preach that same gospel to the Jews but then went mainly to the Gentiles because the Jews were afraid of him.

Acts 22:19 19‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”…