Paul's gospel was a mystery!

john w

Hall of Fame
'Cherry picking' is a fallacy of interpretation.

James says that faith without works is dead <> Paul says works mean nothing. If you cherry pick either one, you end up wrong. So there you go :wave:
~It's anything but a 'cliche', it's a means to root out false notions gathered from Scripture~

No, this is your "argument," shill:

"Nice cherry pick, from one of the books you think holds all the weight, from a Bible version which you feel best upholds your views."-you

God's Truth

Your demonic "version:"

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of the new covenant of grace--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Your daddy the devil taught you well....

Sssssssssssssssssssss.............

There is only one New Covenant.

You claim Paul has a different new covenant from that of Jesus, so then where is the blood of Paul's covenant? Jesus shed his blood for his new covenant.

Romans 11:27

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
'Cherry picking' is a fallacy of interpretation.

James says that faith without works is dead <> Paul says works mean nothing. If you cherry pick either one, you end up wrong. So there you go :wave:
~It's anything but a 'cliche', it's a means to root out false notions gathered from Scripture~

James is saying to look at how one lives, as to if they are really saved. Not work at your salvation. Many persons get this mixed up.

As for ''cherry picking", that moribund description is passe, as it has been over used. You might say, picking cherries from a lemon tree, now that is good. Picking lemons from an orange tree. This is also a good one, hacking artichokes in a pineapple patch, now that is a good start!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, Jesus died for the sins of all the world.

Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.​

Everyone is appointed to die once, that is not what salvation is about.

God's Truth

You missed it, you demon-as usual.

"Covenant of grace....Gospel of the New Covenant...Covenant of Redemption"-Nag

No such thing in the book, you lush.

Sit down, you embarrassing drone.

No, the only "spirit" in you is the spirit of Jim Beam, devil child.

Who do you think Paul is quoting in this scripture when he speaks of his new covenant? lol

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.​

Everyone is appointed to die once, that is not what salvation is about.
You are the one who said, " Jesus died for the sins of all the world." although you used the word 'only' which I do not understand. What is your point now?

john w

Hall of Fame
Who do you think Paul is quoting in this scripture when he speaks of his new covenant? lol

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

You missed it, you demon-as usual.

"Covenant of grace....Gospel of the New Covenant...Covenant of Redemption"-Nag

No such thing in the book, you lush.

Sit down, you embarrassing drone.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is only one New Covenant.

You claim Paul has a different new covenant from that of Jesus, so then where is the blood of Paul's covenant? Jesus shed his blood for his new covenant.

Romans 11:27

Slower-you, and fellow demon Nag,changed the book....Your demonic "version:"

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of the new covenant of grace--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Put down the quart, and sober up.

God's Truth

Slower-you, and fellow demon Nag,changed the book....Your demonic "version:"

Put down the quart, and sober up.

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent (Luke 13:5); Jesus says if you obey my teachings you will be saved (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 6:15, John 8:31, John 13:17, John 15:10, John 15:14).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT OF SINS AND BELIEVE TO BE SAVED (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21 ).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent of sins, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.

Same gospel in all the New Testament.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
James is saying to look at how one lives, as to if they are really saved. Not work at your salvation. Many persons get this mixed up.

I was not speaking on that subject at all, I used it in an example of cherry picking. Don't try to find some outlet to preach something as if another person doesn't know :rolleyes:

As for ''cherry picking", that moribund description is passe, as it has been over used.

:doh:

Cherry picking is a LOGICAL FALLACY. If it's overused, it's because you all CHERRY PICK too much.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is grace without works dead?

Faith without works being a dead faith is simply another way of acknowledging that a person without works has no faith at all- as with anything else one believes, one's actions will reflect it.

But people will cherry pick the verse to imply an idea that good works are a saving mechanism when it's really just smoke from the flame. Vice versa, people will cherry pick Paul to imply an idea that a person without works is saved.

You say 'grace without works' as if it's supposed to mean something- grace without works is a grace which doesn't exist. Sorry to burst the bubble on people's vast misrepresentation of Faith Alone. 'Easy believism' is a dead Christianity.

MADism cuts out everything not of Paul, uses the one Bible version they feel doesn't contradict them, and manage to misrepresent Paul- and then above all their sins they will be assumed before disaster..

Can anyone say "Um, Hell no" :AMR:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was not speaking on that subject at all, I used it in an example of cherry picking. Don't try to find some outlet to preach something as if another person doesn't know :rolleyes:

:doh:

Cherry picking is a LOGICAL FALLACY. If it's overused, it's because you all CHERRY PICK too much.

I guess you know everything this is to know. Preaching soulfully to the objective correlative.

I pick lemons

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I pick lemons

:rotfl:

Lemmon-714.jpg