Paul And Tithing

KingdomRose

I said
I go to church where ever I am at. The definition of church.

Matt 18:20
20 "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."
(NKJ)

I don't tithe. I give but its always either 9% or 11% or what ever I have at the time. The Holy Spirit tells me.

Any church that insists (or even suggests) that you tithe is misleading you. I say this because tithing is not and never has been required of the Christian congregation.

At no time were first-century Christians commanded to pay tithes. The primary purpose of the tithing arrangement under the Law had been to support Israel's temple and priesthood; consequently, the obligation to pay tithes would cease when that Mosaic Law covenant came to an end as fulfilled through Christ's death on the 'cross.' (Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:13,14) Christians from 33 A.D. (and on) became part of a new spiritual priesthood that was not supported by tithes. (Romans 6:14; Hebrews 7:12; IPeter 2:9)

As Christians, they were encouraged to give support to the Christian ministry by material contributions, but instead of giving fixed, specified amounts to defray congregational expenses, they were to contribute "according to what a person has," giving "as he has resolved in his heart, not...under compulsion." (2Corinthians 8:12; 9:7)

The early Christian congregations didn't hire one man to head the church and take care of him financially. Every man worked to take care of himself and his family. There was no priest or minister who was head of the church. Paul himself was a tent-maker by trade, and worked to support himself. Church expenses are not all that much, if you're not supporting a pastor and his family. At every Kingdom Hall, if each family head gave about $15.00 a month, the bills for the congregation would be cared for. Payers of tithes are getting ripped off.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Old Testament required that people give 10% to the Levites, who then gave 10% to the priests.

Paul teaches outright that people who work for the church ought to be compensated for it, and money doesn't miraculously rain down from the church roof- God still expects His people to do as He commanded in the first place and be a working community that shares.

marhig

The Old Testament required that people give 10% to the Levites, who then gave 10% to the priests.

Paul teaches outright that people who work for the church ought to be compensated for it, and money doesn't miraculously rain down from the church roof- God still expects His people to do as He commanded in the first place and be a working community that shares.
Jesus didn't have a church roof, he preached on the mountains and in the streets, and by the sea, he didn't care about the temple, when his disciples said to him to look at the building, Jesus said why do you look at that, not one stone shall be left upon another, they shall all come down. Jesus taught in the temple, but he would have taught anywhere he wanted his own people to hear Gods word first, but they rejected him. And they tried to throw him out of the temple and kill him! The true temple is our body and those doing Gods will are living stones creating the house of God. Brick and mortar means nothing to God, and you're not serving God by plowing money into churches, you'd be better giving it to those in need, and helping the poor around you.

We work for our money, and do Gods work for free. We freely give as we have been freely given of God, and none of our people take anything for bringing Gods word to others.

Ben Masada

Paul And Tithing

1 Cor 9:1-12 Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord? If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

This is an evidence that Paul was in constant trouble with some of his listeners about being an apostle. Not every one accepted him as an apostle. Hence the evidence that when he came from Damascus to Jerusalem to join the Apostles, perhaps to replace Judas who got lost and they said that Paul could not even be a disciple, let alone an apostle and Paul resented the rejection since he was an apostle to himself; self appointed one but still enough to put up his claim. (Acts 9:26)