ECT Part 2 : Pisteuo , the secret of the universe.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

The English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo" used 248 times in the NT.

Acts 13:12: "deputy, when he saw what was done, "believed", (mistranslation) being astonished at the doctrine"

The correct translation of the Greek word "pisteuo", used 248 times in the NT.

Acts 13:12: "deputy, when he saw what was done, committed his life ,(pisteuo) being astonished at the doctrine"

"Pisteuo", still having the same definitions as found in the strongs and Vines is directed at paul and what he is proclaiming. This is often how the first act of "pisteuo" happens outside of Chrsit. I too committed myself to someone and what they were saying, never knowing i was performing an act of "pisteuo". But for me, thats how my relationship with Christ started.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

The English mistranslation for the Greek word "pisteuo", used 248 times in the NT.

Acts 13:39: "by him all that "believe" (mistranslation) are justified from all things, from which"

Acts 13:39: "by him all that "surrender their lives to Him" (pisteuo) are justified from all things, from which"

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But it is not secret when you understand the whole context of Jesus' teachings.

Christianity is all about submitting to Jesus.

His Father gave Him authority to be our Lord and Savior.

I began in the faith when I understood that one should obey our parents, not out of fear but out of regard to God who said.

It is just that simple to begin.

LA

Interplanner

The English mistranslation for the Greek word "pisteuo", used 248 times in the NT.

Acts 13:39: "by him all that "believe" (mistranslation) are justified from all things, from which"

Acts 13:39: "by him all that "surrender their lives to Him" (pisteuo) are justified from all things, from which"

Faither, you are still not familiar enough with Judaism for what you are saying. the most vital verse I can think of here is Gal 2:20, which is about Paul's 'death' toward Judaism. By being in what Christ did (which is not the pietistic 'surrender' you keep saying), he was dead to Judaism (the world) and it to him.

That is where this study needs to start, because it has the specifics it needs. You are trying to work with the specifics of a complacent modern audience. You will alter things beyond where they should be.

Some people think 'being in Christ' is all about their effort to be in, rather than the Christ that they are in. Perhaps this is best clarified with Paul as the example in Phil 3--that list of things accomplished. He had to shed it all. He had to and wanted to die to it all. Not to adopt another constricting set of rules, but because of the amazing gift of what was in Christ on his behalf.

I have listened to most of what you have and what I fear is most mistaken is found in I Jn 4:10. This is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent...'
For your purposes, put 'surrender' for 'love.' What I hear from you is an effort that will only get people preoccupied with their 'surrender.'

You have to learn the lessons of cause and effect. You want a certain effect really bad. But it is a gift of the Spirit of God through the Gospel of God. It is not by a proof that a word does a certain thing 350x.

Finally, in the play on words in Gal 2:20, Paul 'lives by the faith of the Son of God.' He is not referring to his own, but to Christ's reliability again, his accomplishment. Pistis means to be reliable, to accomplish what you say. But Paul is saying something revealing here: that Christ had to do 'pistis' and that 'pistis' is what saves us (from Judaism, from works too). It is not and could not be things we do. It is what Christ did for us.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither, you are still not familiar enough with Judaism for what you are saying. the most vital verse I can think of here is Gal 2:20, which is about Paul's 'death' toward Judaism. By being in what Christ did (which is not the pietistic 'surrender' you keep saying), he was dead to Judaism (the world) and it to him.

That is where this study needs to start, because it has the specifics it needs. You are trying to work with the specifics of a complacent modern audience. You will alter things beyond where they should be.

Some people think 'being in Christ' is all about their effort to be in, rather than the Christ that they are in. Perhaps this is best clarified with Paul as the example in Phil 3--that list of things accomplished. He had to shed it all. He had to and wanted to die to it all. Not to adopt another constricting set of rules, but because of the amazing gift of what was in Christ on his behalf.

I have listened to most of what you have and what I fear is most mistaken is found in I Jn 4:10. This is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent...'
For your purposes, put 'surrender' for 'love.' What I hear from you is an effort that will only get people preoccupied with their 'surrender.'

You have to learn the lessons of cause and effect. You want a certain effect really bad. But it is a gift of the Spirit of God through the Gospel of God. It is not by a proof that a word does a certain thing 350x.

Finally, in the play on words in Gal 2:20, Paul 'lives by the faith of the Son of God.' He is not referring to his own, but to Christ's reliability again, his accomplishment. Pistis means to be reliable, to accomplish what you say. But Paul is saying something revealing here: that Christ had to do 'pistis' and that 'pistis' is what saves us (from Judaism, from works too). It is not and could not be things we do. It is what Christ did for us.

First thing, "pistis" is a noun. "pisteuo" is the corresponding "verb" to that noun. You can't have pistis without pisteuo carrying it out. A verb is an action word.

Second,I have not created, made, enforce, or judge the "surrender" that GOD has put in between Grace and us.
What you see as a preoccupation with surrendering, is simply an effort to drag you and others to just see the truth of just one word. If you could see that, maybe at some point you actually would surrender you life to Christ, which is only the start of the Salvation journey. Without a continual surrender, the Spirit of Christ, Christ, and His word, are not yours to claim or talk about. Rom. 8:9

Third, if history doesn't line up with the precise words of the origonal texts and their definitions, i would look at the history your perceiving as wrong.

fourth, the first rule of interpreting Scripture (which by your own words is not yours yet) is, you don't take a Scripture that your not certain about, and with it knock down a mountain of Scripture you are certain about. Instead, you try and take the uncertain Scripture and fit it into the mountain of Scripture you are certain about. I've provided you with that necessary information.
I kind of thought you would have a better understanding than to base it on a Scripture that have most the Bibles saying "in Christ", and a few that say "of Christ." I can save you a lot of work by telling you "in Christ" is the correct words used in the ancient texts.

Please don't take my directness as argumentative or condescending. I'm really just trying to help you.

Danoh

That's rich, Faither; you trying to help Interplanner with the Greek; a guy who has done extensive translation work in said language.

Try Steko, he IS 1st Generation Greek and knows his way around Koine better than most.

I, myself speak several languages fluently.

I'm afraid you are attempting to ply your "looked it up in my Vine's dictionary" with the wrong people.

Tambora alone will dust you "in the Greek" without even trying.

Inter, don't let this go to your head now.

I know; too late :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's rich, Faither; you trying to help Interplanner with the Greek; a guy who has done extensive translation work in said language.

Try Steko, he IS 1st Generation Greek and knows his way around Koine better than most.

I, myself speak several languages fluently.

I'm afraid you are attempting to ply your "looked it up in my Vine's dictionary" with the wrong people.

Tambora alone will dust you "in the Greek" without even trying.

Inter, don't let this go to your head now.

I know; too late :chuckle:

Book 'Em Danoh

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I'm going to post on this thread ,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.