ECT Part 2 : Pisteuo , the secret of the universe.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

I'm going to post on this thread ,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Danoh

Apparantly the bottle is harder to put away than you had thought.

You poor, confused wretch. You continue unaware that all you have succeeded at is your having replaced the one bottle you'd been compelled to be disempowered by, with another of the same kind - bondage.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

I'm going to post on this thread ,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

The English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".
Rom. 10:10
"For with the heart man believeth (mistranslation) unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to Salvation."

The corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo".
Rom. 10:10
"For with the heart man surrenders his life (pisteuo) unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to Salvation."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

You sure putting a lot of effort to explain the word "pisteuo".

I am sure many words are not exactly what the original scripture is saying in modern Bible.

I don't think it is so hard to understand what Jesus is teaching.

why so much fuss over this word?

Can you explain simply?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Do you agree that Jesus' followers ought to observe Jesus' teachings and commands?

God's Truth

Apparantly the bottle is harder to put away than you had thought.

You poor, confused wretch. You continue unaware that all you have succeeded at is your having replaced the one bottle you'd been compelled to be disempowered by, with another of the same kind - bondage.

Do you like being afforded name calling?

I like obeying God.

God's Truth

Faither,

I am sure many words are not exactly what the original scripture is saying in modern Bible.

Can you explain simply?

Faither wants to change the word faith to surrender; he insists it makes a difference, even though he says surrender does not mean to obey.

He wants to change a word and it will make no difference.

Danoh

You two ought to band together as a comedy team.

This week the hilarious adventures of Clueless and Cluelessness in "I Work Harder Than You Do..."

Hurry - Lake Tahoe has already sold out!

journey

Faither,

There isn't a single Bible translation that agrees with you. Why? - You're wrong. This thread appears to be a repeat, so it's spam. Presenting the same false information multiple times isn't going to make it true or convince anyone. This will be my only post to you here. You are still on my ignore list for attempting to sell a perverted Gospel.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Nothing wrong with that.

LA

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Can you explain simply?

Hi meshak,

The fuss is about the "application" of the word "pisteuo".
The mistranslation wouldn't be such a "huge" problem if it were applied correctly.

Here's the application of 99% of the church world. Lets take a Scripture and use it as an example.

John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "believes" (mistranslation) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

People, who are on the wide path, who i accept as ones that are being called out, or drawn to Christ by the Father misinterpret John 3:16 as follows.
1) If they "believe" in Christ, they will have everlasting life.
2) What "belief" gives them that everlasting life? they "believe" the good news of the Gospel, that Jesus died for their sins and if they just "believe" in what He did for them on the cross, they will have everlasting life.
3)They acknowledge that "believing" goes beyond just simple belief. They say we must trust in him.
4)What are they trusting Him for? The are trusting that He will keep His Word and promise and give them eternal life, because they trust that what He says in His Word applies to them, because they "believed" or are "believing".
5)As the result of their "believing", their receiving. What are they recieving according to them? The Holy Spirit, Christ, and His Word. All theirs as the result of "believing."

Everything i posted 1 through 5 is completely false. I acknowledge that 99% of the church world builds their relationship with Christ in those examples, but that in turn is false too. I'm not saying that this 99% of called out ones are lost, they are just not where they think they are. As the result of standing on the 1 through 5 examples above, they are still in the called out part of the Salvation journey. The Spirit of Christ is not theirs yet, Christ is not theirs yet, and Gods Word is not theirs yet either. The are simply being drawn to Christ to Faithe (pisteuo) into Him, not only to believe what He did for them, but to surrender their lives to Him as a result of what He did for us.

Here is the correct understanding of "pisteuo" using the same Scripture as an example.

John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "surrenders His life" (pisteuo) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

"pisteuo" is a verb : An action, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence.

What is the specific action , based upon a belief, sustained by confidence?

It's not "believing", thats only part of it. It's surrendering our lives to Jesus, and what He did for us.

How is "pisteuo" sustained? By a life inspired by such surrender. That means we are continually surrendering ourselves to Jesus, and what He did for us, His Gospel.

John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "surrenders their life" (pisteuo) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

1)What are we surrendering our lives too? Jesus, and His Word.
2)Are we surrendering our lives in Him to get eternal life? NO! that wouldn't be "pisteuo", that would be a business transaction where you put the coin in the vending machine an out comes the blessing. Pisteuo is a "surrendering of your life to God." period! It's not our life anymore, it's His life now. There can't be any expectations of something in return for the life we just gave away to Him.
3) What are we trusting Him for? We are trusting that He has taken the life offered to Him, and is now in control of it.
4)Are we surrendering our lives to Him so we can have the Holy Spirit in us, making Christ and His Word ours?
No! Again that would be a business transaction not "pisteuo' or surrendering our lives to Him. Our surrender can only be acceptable as a "surrender" , and not a trade off or business transaction.

This is only how pisteuo and the relationship "starts"! As we move closer to Christ, "pisteuo" will change as the relationship changes.

To answer your question meshak, i showed you two very different understandings of the Greek word "pisteuo", used 248 times in the NT.

What is your reply?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

There isn't a single Bible translation that agrees with you. Why? - You're wrong. This thread appears to be a repeat, so it's spam. Presenting the same false information multiple times isn't going to make it true or convince anyone. This will be my only post to you here. You are still on my ignore list for attempting to sell a perverted Gospel.

Ok, you can do what you want, but i'm only asking you if you agree with the Greek dictionaries definition of the Greek word "pisteuo?" Aren't you really putting the Greek theologians on the ignore page of your heart?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Any chance of you elaborating on your reply?

When I was young, nothing much was expected of me, but then later I fell in a hole, and I wondered how that could happen.

I only got out of it when I began to exercise myself in that which a new creature is well capable of.

Jesus did not take His Father for granted during His ministry because He had learnt obedience through the things He suffered previous to His being sent after His baptism and anointing.

The Psalms are full of His experiences.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here is the correct understanding of "pisteuo" using the same Scripture as an example.

John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever "surrenders His life" (pisteuo) in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

This makes perfect sense. This should take care of mixed messages of "faith only" corrupt doctrine.

thank you:)