pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

KingdomRose

The United States of America has a President, but the President of the United States of America is not a King at all. See Article II Section 1 of The Constitution of The United States of America. "The executive power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America."

Jesus is King, King of the Jews, King of Israel, and even the citizens of the United States of America owe their allegiance to Him, as all should.

Oh stop it. The Bible is referring to ALL HEADS OF STATE. Back then usually heads of state were called "kings."

KingdomRose

Are you a Jehovah Witness? There's a big difference between killing and murdering. During times of war, killing is necessary. To plan to kill somebody and lie in wait for them is considered murder.

No, killing is not "necessary." In times of war, Christians remain neutral. They refuse to kill anybody for whatever lame reason the nations give for going to war. Dig a little deeper into the history of the wars of mankind and you can get a better view of what is actually going on and who is behind the wars!

KingdomRose

JWs and Mormons, etc, don't understand the Bible like a true Christian, because they have been brainwashed into a cult. They're simply not saved and headed for judgement and the Lake of Fire. There's still time to discard your cultist beliefs and become a true child of God. After you leave this world, there is no hope for you.

I'm not "leaving this world." I'm looking forward to living in Paradise on Earth, forever.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh stop it. The Bible is referring to ALL HEADS OF STATE. Back then usually heads of state were called "kings."
I am talking about the office of President.

For some reason you are talking about Heads of State. Which country are you referring to, or do you live in the US?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

KingdomRose

Don't you "dear" me...that sounds so much like meshak as to make me wonder if you are not meshak

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers for there is no power but of God, the powers that be are ordained of God

Whosoever then resisteth the power resisteth what God has ordained and they that resist shall receive unto themselves condemnation.

For rulers are not a terror to good works but to the evil. Wilt thou be unafraid of the power? do that which is good and thou shalt have praise of the same.

FOR HE IS A MINISTER OF GOD TO THEE for good, but if thou do evil then be afraid for he beareth not the sword in vain. FOR HE IS THE MINISTER OF GOD a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil....

....for this cause also pay we taxes

Settle down, little angry person. I decided to call you "dear" because Grosnick uses that "endearment" so often.:crackup:

I have no quarrel with being in subjection to the superior authorities. JWs follow the laws to the letter, EXCEPT WHEN THE SUPERIOR AUTHORITIES CONFLICT WITH GOD'S LAWS. The authorities told the Apostles to stop preaching about Jesus, but they said, "We must obey God as ruler rather than men." (Acts 5:29) So when any authority tells a Christian to do something that is directly against what God says, we obey God.

Do you realize that if JWs in Germany (during WWII) joined Hitler's army, they would've killed AMERICANS? Is that OK with you? Yet they refused to kill anybody, so not one American or British soldier or civilian was killed by a German JW. Can you say that about YOUR religion?

And you didn't show where a soldier is "an institution of God" for rewarding the law-abiding but disciplining the evil-doers. Where does it say that, dear?

KingdomRose

I have posted twenty times the post in which meshak AGREED with jerzy that God was raising up the muslims to punish the trins. This is when they were beheading dozens of Christians, raping their woman and driving 10s of thousands of them out of their homes.

It is what she believes it is what YOU believe...murderers

You are nasty and nuts. I haven't seen where Meshak ever said such a thing, but I came here very recently. And I certainly don't believe that. You have no grounds for calling me a murderer. What are YOU for supporting the military and the killing of innocent people?

If you were in Germany during WWII you would have joined Hitler's military or at least supported it, seeing as you will obey men rather than God, and you would have been involved in the killing of thousands of Americans. I can call YOU a murderer. You have the same attitude now. If you lived in any other country that decided to go to war with the U.S., you would support the killing of Americans. Yes you would, because you believe in obeying the superior authorities no matter which country you're in, right?

KingdomRose

You need to read the entire Bible in order to get your facts straight.

Not so fast. YOU are misrepresenting the Bible and deplorably dismissing half of what it says. You don't understand what God and Christ are all about; you have an extremely SHALLOW conceptualization of the Scriptures.

KingdomRose

The Military has been around for a few thousand years. We need a strong military in the USA. Otherwise, the world will be controlled by Communism. The Israelites had a strong military that was blessed by God Himself.

And the military of the nations has always been something directly out of the mind of Satan. Jehovah had very DIFFERENT goals in mind when He took the Israelites to the Promised Land. If the Canaanites had deferred to Jehovah and cooperated with the Israelites, they wouldn't have been dispatched. He always gave them the chance to be civil. There was one reason why Jehovah allowed war then....the land was promised to Abraham, and in the future that is where the Messiah would be born.

If you compare the wars of today with that, you are seriously in need of correction.

KingdomRose

If we hadn't of joined the battle against Hitler, we'd have the "Swastika" flying over our nation. The world would as well.

If the Allies hadn't been so wishy washy in the first place, Hitler never would have risen to power! You have to go back and understand what led up to that horror.

KingdomRose

That may be the case for some of them, but at the same time, it is necessary to have a military employed. It's just that simple- God would never ask for an entire nation to made victims of the wicked.

Who says? Jesus said to extend LOVE to our enemies. If the churches taught that, there probably would be very little war, if any. But they don't. They support war. It's politically expedient to support war with the nations, and that's what the churches are concerned about....getting along with the nations. That is why they are compared to "Babylon the Great" who climbs in bed with the kings of the earth. (Revelation chapters 17 and 18) This Great Whore is deemed responsible for all the blood spilled on the earth! (Rev. 18:24)

Jesus is interested in who will listen to him, no matter what the nations insist on. Why do we worry about what the modern Canaanites will do? Christians put their faith in God and wait for Jesus to come. If we die in the meantime, we will be just like the "great cloud of witnesses" that had died for their faith, of which Paul spoke in Hebrews (chapter 12). And he said "the world was not worthy of them." (11:38) Look at what Hebrews chapters 11 and 12 says about friends of God.

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a 'cross,' despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God. Indeed, consider closely the one who has endured such contrary talk by sinners against their own interests, that you may not get tired and give out in your souls....Straighten up the hands that hang down and the enfeebled knees, and keep making straight paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather that it may be healed. PURSUE PEACE WITH ALL PEOPLE, and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord, carefully watching that no one may be deprived of the grace of God; that no poisonous root may spring up and cause trouble and that many may not be defiled by it." (Hebrews 12:2,3,12-15)

A poisonous root has taken hold in your philosophy...."war is necessary," "it's OK to kill people if our government says so." This poison overreaches the teachings of Jesus.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This is ridiculous :doh:

God is our protector, who would never ask for us- the men- to be slaughtered so that our wives and children die.

That is the problem with you God foraken pacifists..
I mean really, what in the Hell is the matter with yall :plain:

KingdomRose

When God calls His people to war, they cannot lose- this is a very strong theme in the Bible. In fact, this got to into the heads of Catholics during the Crusades.

With Rome, however, they would have destroyed the Jews. The only way they would win against them is if God Himself came down in a like manner of the event at Sodom. With that being the case, God decided to have both Jew and Gentile take Rome through other means, and that's exactly what happened.

You, however, are using that as a way to teach perpetual pacifism.

Apparently you don't realize---God is not calling any of the modern nations to war! Since Israel went into the Promised Land, He hasn't told any nation to go to war.

You have to become familiar with what Jesus asks of us and who it is that he says is ruling the world! He called SATAN the ruler of the world, and it is Satan that calls nations to war.

(See John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11....and his experience with Satan at Luke 4:6,7 where Satan reminded him that he, Satan, was in control of all of kingdoms of the earth.)

"The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (I John 5:19)

"Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth." (Revelation 12:9)

Don't continue to be misled by him.

KingdomRose

If a woman is being raped should she fight back or be passive?

If she doesn't resist the act could be construed as consensual in a court of law.

This is something different than what we've been discussing. The Law given to Israel allowed for self-defense. Jesus says no different. It is true, a woman should fight back with all her might.

KingdomRose

Translated: In my opinion.....

Vs.

Exodus 15:3 KJV The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

Contrasts.

"Oh be for real"-you

Stumped with that comeback. I'll need to write that one down.

You missed the"argument"-pacifist.

Sit.

You just cannot see reason. You obviously didn't read what I had to say about those points. YOU have missed the entire point about the truth of the matter concerning your issues.

KingdomRose

It's a metaphor. What if the country is being raped by those who don't like our way of life? Do we resist?

The metaphor doesn't apply. Christians will remain neutral in matters of war. Jehovah and Jesus will reward us for listening to them, even if it involves being resurrected later into Paradise.

KingdomRose

Pacifism comes from the word peace

Jesus said

I have not come to bring peace to the world but a sword

So ignorant. That wasn't something Jesus approved of! He was telling us that this is what would occur, because of the back-lash from people who didn't agree with him.

He was there, and remains with us even now in spirit, but there are others who would cling to violence in spite of what he said. Duh.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I think you are talking about a country different from the one I live in. I live and reside in the United States of America, where I am a citizen. I was born here.