ECT Our triune God

Arsenios

I read the apostle Paul telling believers their body is the temple of God. Taking it along with other verses of holy writ where it concludes with the presence of three: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

So that the theological question is: What is the nature of the Three? And how is it that they can be One?

Or is the One only the Father?
Is the Son not God?
Is the Holy Spirit merely the Breath of the Father?
And the Son merely the Father but now in the flesh?

Eastern Orthodox Christianity understands them as three Persons having one essence of Divine Wealth in common, where the Three have all things in common except their manner of origination, where the Father is unoriginate, the Son is begotten of the Father Who originates the Son by eternal Begottenness, and the Holy Spirit is Originated from the Father by Procession, yet all Three utterly inter-inhere one another without boundaries [perichoresis]...

These Three Persons are called Hypostases, because of the fundamental nature of the Person in relationship to the wealth of the Person, where that Wealth is understood as the Divine Essence...

At least, that is my understanding to this point...

Arsenios

LoneStar

So that the theological question is: What is the nature of the Three? And how is it that they can be One?
I'll let the Lord work out those details.

Or is the One only the Father?
Is the Son not God?
Is the Holy Spirit merely the Breath of the Father?
And the Son merely the Father but now in the flesh?
I would say no no no no.

Eastern Orthodox Christianity understands them as three Persons having one essence of Divine Wealth in common, where the Three have all things in common except their manner of origination, where the Father is unoriginate, the Son is begotten of the Father Who originates the Son by eternal Begottenness, and the Holy Spirit is Originated from the Father by Procession, yet all Three utterly inter-inhere one another without boundaries [perichoresis]...

These Three Persons are called Hypostases, because of the fundamental nature of the Person in relationship to the wealth of the Person, where that Wealth is understood as the Divine Essence...

At least, that is my understanding to this point...

Arsenios
Sounds like man's feeble attempt to describe the indescribable.

Arsenios

But, what of the temple?

The Kingdom of Heaven is within you...

There is where you will meet God...

There is where you will find union with Him...

But a Temple is a holy place without sin...

Repentance is the cleansing of the Temple...

The work is within, but begins without...

Then it moves to within...

Until every thought is taken captive...

God bless you...

A.

Arsenios

Allow me to question you about this part. Was it not the sacrifical blood that cleansed the temple? Would that not be a typology of Jesus blood cleansing us of sin for the presence of the triune God to dwell within?

Christ took up a whip and drove the sellers and the money-changers from the temple... These were defiling it... Our task is, as Christ said, for those who would follow Him, to

FIRST DENY YOURSELF...

A violent act, as is the taking up of one's own cross and following Christ...

These are the actions WE take in our repentance from sin, which Christ in His holy zeal took to cleanse the Temple of its evils... Which was a Type of personal repentance...

Without this, the blood[less] sacrifice of our Lord will not cleanse the Temple of our Body, and without ongoing self denial in the taking up of our own cross, that Sacrifice will not KEEP us cleansed, but will instead be unto our judgement and condemnation and finally death ["...some have even fallen asleep, not discerning the Body of Christ..."

We shovel out our filth as best we can, and Christ cleanses us utterly... Without us doing our part, Christ will pull back... For our Love of God is obedience to Christ Whose Gospel commands us to:

1: BE REPENTING
and
2: BE BAPTIZED

We desperately need both...
That God should save us...

Baptism is the full cleansing of the Temple...
Done by Christ through the hands of His servants...
Into which He then is sealed in the Anointing of the Holy Spirit...

Arsenios

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
Jesus expressed HIS DEITY...
Mat 24:35 KJV Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
How, exactly, do the words of a man NOT pass away?
That is a claim to be GOD.

Are you agreeing with right divider?

Or are you saying that by them being repeated they do not pass away?

Arsenios

Arsenios said:
FIRST DENY YOURSELF...

So you think you can do that?

You cannot grow in the Faith unto maturity any other way...

To DENY that one can deny self is to accuse Christ of commanding us to do what we are not able to do:

Matthew 16:24
If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself,
and take up his cross,
and follow me.

Christ does not command us to do that which we are unable to do...
And the command is to ANY person WLLING to come after Him...

OF COURSE we can deny ourself...
We do it all the time...
Carnally out of fear,
and
As Christians out of Love...

Arsenios

Arsenios

I have a Lord that can save you while you are a sinner. As the song goes, Just As I Am.

Of COURSE He CAN...

But He commands us to repent and be baptized...

You are not saved if you ignore repentance and go right on sinning as you had been doing prior to your 'salvation'...

We are to put the old man to death, and not walk in the ways we previously walked and of which we are now ashamed...

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Of COURSE He CAN...

You are not saved if you ignore repentance and go right on sinning as you had been doing prior to your 'salvation'...

We are to put the old man to death, and not walk in the ways we previously walked and of which we are now ashamed...

Arsenios

Ephesians 2:15 KJV - Ephesians 2:16 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Of COURSE He CAN...

Arsenios

you bring the enmity back again and again; animosity, a loathing

Lon

Trinitarian test

Trinitarian test

AMR passed this Trinitarian Test along to me and it is worth taking the time, just to know and understand the position.

There are 33 questions to answer, from creeds and Scripture and the response to the answer is given immediately and in detail (A LOT of tests should be given this way, because it doesn't affect the score AND the correction in thinking is immediate).

Arsenios

Ephesians 2:15 KJV - Ephesians 2:16 KJV -

Yes - Because just as He, in His own flesh, as the Son of Man, did indeed so reconcile man to God, so also can we, who partake of His Flesh and become members of His Body, follow Him in that walk and thereby be so reconciled...

Put another way, He did not become incarnate so that we should continue in our sins, but that we should overcome them in Him as the New Creation wherein we become members of His Body, the Ekklesia, when we are baptized into Christ. For as many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Acts 2:41

Acts 19:5 "And having heard, they were baptized into the Name of the Lord Jesus." [literal rendering of the Greek]

We simply cannot say that because Jesus DID, we DON'T...

Instead we must say: Because Jesus DID, we CAN TOO...

Arsenios