Oregon now allows 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized ‘sex-change’ operations withou

genuineoriginal

No, that's the malarkey you keep trying to discuss. Your inability to consider gender reassignment like a mature human being is typical.
I keep trying to discuss it like a mature human being, but you keep objecting to the only relevant points in the discussion.

Fact: chopping things off and screwing up the hormone balance does nothing to change the gender encoded in the DNA.

Fact: people wanting gender reassignment surgery have a mental delusion that they are mentally not who they physically are.

Fact: gender reassignment surgery is completely unnecessary for anything other than accomodating a sexual fetish.

Let me know when you actually want to discuss any of these facts.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Fact: chopping things off and screwing up the hormone balance does nothing to change the gender encoded in the DNA.

Ah, there it is. Again. Castration anxiety. Again. You guys just zero in one or two things and obsess over 'em, don't you? (Reassignment doesn't just go one way. You really, really have a major hang up here.)

Fact: people wanting gender reassignment surgery have a mental delusion that they are mentally not who they physically are.

This is simply untrue. Completely.

Fact: gender reassignment surgery is completely unnecessary for anything other than accomodating a sexual fetish.

Again, false. Either you're lying or misinformed. I'm guessing clueless. You're not clever enough to outright lie.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Ah, there it is. Again. Castration anxiety. Again. You guys just zero in one or two things and obsess over 'em, don't you? (Reassignment doesn't just go one way. You really, really have a major hang up here.)
You were the one that brought up "chopping stuff off".
I assumed you meant both male and female "stuff", but now I just have to assume your original intent only covered male "stuff".

This is simply untrue. Completely.
Do you often have these episodes where you are incapable of accepting the truth about the world you live in?

Here it my statement again.

Here is a reference you can look up yourself.

_____
Gender Identity Disorder
The psychological diagnosis gender identity disorder (GID) is used to describe a male or female that feels a strong identification with the opposite sex and experiences considerable distress because of their actual sex.
Gender identity disorder can affect children, adolescents, and adults. Individuals with gender identity disorder have strong cross-gender identification. They believe that they are, or should be, the opposite sex. They are uncomfortable with their sexual role and organs and may express a desire to alter their bodies.
_____​

Granite

Hall of Fame
You were the one that brought up "chopping stuff off".

Not if memory serves. Others here kept mentioning it, probably because of that whole Caitlyn Jenner thing.

Here is a reference you can look up yourself.

If you're willing to lean on DSM-IV in this instance you'll cite it as proof that homosexuality is not a mental disorder.

I'll wait.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
My wife is an RN and once worked for a time in nursing and delivery.
She has told me that when babies were born with both male and female sexual organs it was usually the obstetrician who mandated what the "final" result would be as far as the child's gender.

Does anyone think this is fair?

genuineoriginal

Again, false. Either you're lying or misinformed. I'm guessing clueless. You're not clever enough to outright lie.

You are probably assuming that gender reassignment surgery is necessary to help someone who "experiences considerable distress because of their actual sex" to relieve the distress they feel.

If this was the only reason for gender reassignment surgery, then any ethical doctor would recommend psychological or pharmaceutical treatment to enable the patient to cope with the distress instead of recommending "chopping stuff off" to alleviate the patient's distress.

But, since gender reassignment surgery is associated with a sexual fetish, then the normal recommendation is "chopping stuff off" instead of mechanisms for coping with the stress.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You are probably assuming that gender reassignment surgery is necessary to help someone who "experiences considerable distress because of their actual sex" to relieve the distress they feel.

Your link, pal. Not mine.

If this was the only reason for gender reassignment surgery, then any ethical doctor would recommend psychological or pharmaceutical treatment to enable the patient to cope with the distress instead of recommending "chopping stuff off" to alleviate the patient's distress.

Wait: Did you even read anything in that link?

But, since gender reassignment surgery is associated with a sexual fetish

You must not have.

genuineoriginal

If you're willing to lean on DSM-IV in this instance you'll cite it as proof that homosexuality is not a mental disorder.

I'll wait.
I will do better and cite proof that homosexuality is an offense worthy of the death penalty.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

Are you hoping for an insanity plea to save them?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I will do better and cite proof that homosexuality is an offense worthy of the death penalty.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

Are you hoping for an insanity plea to save them?

More proof you're just a murderous lunatic. Tell me something I don't know.:chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My wife is an RN and once worked for a time in nursing and delivery.
She has told me that when babies were born with both male and female sexual organs it was usually the obstetrician who mandated what the "final" result would be as far as the child's gender.

Does anyone think this is fair?

Its based on reproductive parts that aren't seen with eye, not a whim like you implied. In other words, if a uterus is present, but no testies, its a girl.

Granite

Hall of Fame
On the contrary, I want people to avoid committing offenses that are worthy of the death penalty.
Finding people guilty and carrying out judgment on them is something I leave to the proper authorities.

:rotfl:

How very, very big of you.

You don't know your elbow from a hole in the ground.

Even your attempts at potshots aren't original. You've got to have one of TOL's more amusing names.