Oregon now allows 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized ‘sex-change’ operations withou

RCLady

Oregon now allows 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized ‘sex-change’ operations without parental consent

July 9, 2015

Foxnews.com

The list of things 15-year-olds are not legally allowed to do in Oregon is long: Drive, smoke, donate blood, get a tattoo — even go to a tanning bed.

But, under a first-in-the-nation policy quietly enacted in January that many parents are only now finding out about, 15-year-olds are now allowed to get a sex-change operation. Many residents are stunned to learn they can do it without parental notification — and the state will even pay for it through its Medicaid program, the Oregon Health Plan.

“It is trespassing on the hearts, the minds, the bodies of our children,”
said Lori Porter of Parents’ Rights in Education. “They’re our children. And for a decision, a life-altering decision like that to be done unbeknownst to a parent or guardian, it’s mindboggling.”

In a statement, Oregon Health Authority spokeswoman Susan Wickstrom explained it this way: “Age of medical consent varies by state. Oregon law — which applies to both Medicaid and non-Medicaid Oregonians — states that the age of medical consent is 15.”…

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oregon now allows 15-year-olds to get state-subsidized ‘sex-change’ operations without parental consent

July 9, 2015

Foxnews.com

The list of things 15-year-olds are not legally allowed to do in Oregon is long: Drive, smoke, donate blood, get a tattoo — even go to a tanning bed.

That's just nuts. Along with the above list, children should not be allowed to make life altering or medical decisions, including surgery and marriage, until they are adults.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nothing really sinister here. 15 years is their state medical age of consent. Sex changes are covered now under state Medicaid.

If Oregon doesn't like this they should just change their medical age of consent.

Also, it's not like a teenager can just walk into a clinic as Jill and stroll out as Jack. This is a lengthy process with a lot of psychological testing and screening involved.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you call "adult"?

Someone who has completed high school or an equivalent and is at least over 18 years of age.

It makes no sense that teenagers under 18 are not permitted to smoke, drink, get a tattoo, piercings, etc. but they should be allowed to make a life altering decisions that will permanently change them for the rest of their lives?

shagster01

Someone who has completed high school or an equivalent and is at least over 18 years of age.

It makes no sense that teenagers under 18 are not permitted to smoke, drink, get a tattoo, piercings, etc. but they should be allowed to make a life altering decisions that will permanently change them for the rest of their lives?

If 18 is the benchmark (and I'm fine with that) then it should be the drinking age too.

But are you saying someone who doesn't complete high school or an equivalent should not be considered an adult?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If 18 is the benchmark (and I'm fine with that) then it should be the drinking age too.

But are you saying someone who doesn't complete high school or an equivalent should not be considered an adult?

Age wise, certainly. Insofar as wisdom, not so much. Being able to complete grades K through 12 does make a difference.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's just nuts. Along with the above list, children should not be allowed to make life altering or medical decisions, including surgery and marriage, until they are adults.

Welcome to the agenda of the behavior that you've been defending for many years now Sandy (surely you must have known that children play a huge part of the LGBTQ movement).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to the agenda of the behavior that you've been defending for many years now Sandy (surely you must have known that children play a huge part of the LGBTQ movement).

Don't welcome me to your delusional and intentional misrepresentations.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't welcome me to your delusional and intentional misrepresentations.

I was hoping that by now you've realized there is a bit more to the LGBTQueer movement than what two consenting adults do in private (be it the privacy of public restroom toilet stalls, public park bushes, bathhouses or one's own sodomy chambers).

Were you not aware long ago that the LGBTQueer movement has been pushing cross dressing and puberty blocking drugs for gender confused children?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was hoping that by now you've realized there is a bit more to the LGBTQueer movement

Quit confusing me for someone who supports any special *movement*. I support equal rights for law abiding citizens.

Goodness forbid that you should actually read the replies of others prior to responding.

Quetzal

Quit confusing me for someone who supports any special *movement*. I support equal rights for law abiding citizens.

Goodness forbid that you should actually read the replies of others prior to responding.
If he actually read them and comprehended them, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Making blind assumptions to support his own twisted reality is so much easier.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If he actually read them and comprehended them, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Making blind assumptions to support his own twisted reality is so much easier.

Indeed. I thought I made my position clear in regards to sex changes for underage minors. I am AGAINST it. Just as I am against marriage for underage minors.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Well then, you should support the Oregon law that allows 15 year olds to get state subsidized sex change operations without parental consent.

But this is nothing new for the sexual anarchist movement. They hand out birth control to children without their parent(s) consent. They also take away parental rights by not allowing sexually confused children (in several states, soon to be nationwide) to seek therapy to help them with their same sex desires.

So you see Sandy, everything here is legal.