ONLY Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no God

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamaberean

Bs'd

God is NOT flesh. God is NOT a man:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

Jesus, in the flesh, was the Redeemer. He had the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and that was Jehovah God in Jesus.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

One doesn't stand on earth without a body.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Christianity, just like the islam, is a corruption of the true Jewish religion.

You guys missed the boat. You didn't recognize the Savior of the world and you still don't. You guys didn't know your own scriptures were being fulfilled, you killed Him which makes everybody have to wait longer.

Elia

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Bs"d

And now the correct translation:

Thus saith Y-H-W-H the King of Israel, and his redeemer Y-H-W-H of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God..
Is 44:6

Elia

You guys missed the boat. You didn't recognize the Savior of the world and you still don't. You guys didn't know your own scriptures were being fulfilled, you killed Him which makes everybody have to wait longer.

Bs"d

Your messiah failed in fulfilling the messianic prophecies.

That's how we know he was not the messiah. .

keypurr

When will they shut this anti Trin thread down?

They are destroying all the hard work Mr Knight put into TOL

keypurr

TOL is popular because of conflict of opinion, destroy that and you will destroy TOL. The weak arguments of Trins fails, so they shut it down. That does not say much for their stand on the issue. It is their right to do so, but it does not make them look good.

iouae

Bs"d

Your messiah failed in fulfilling the messianic prophecies.

That's how we know he was not the messiah. .

Look how "our" messiah has changed the world for the better in the last 2000 years.

What has Judaism contributed in that time?

Judaism contributed Jesus and the Jewish Apostles and an an OT-lite set of rules to live by, including to love and forgive one's enemies.

If the Jews in Israel would learn to love the Palestinians, then maybe the State of Israel might become more secure.

But even the Jews living in the Jewish State of Israel, as a whole, have no time for Judaism.

Elia

Look how "our" messiah has changed the world for the better in the last 2000 years.

Bs"d

Christianity brought us the dark ages.

What has Judaism contributed in that time?

Judaism has brought the world the ten commandments. Both Christianity and Islam are based on Judaism.

The vast majority of the great scientists were Jewish. Jews win 30% of all the Nobel prizes, while Jews make up 0.2% of the world population.

This is how Mark Twain put it into words:

To conclude. -- If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race.(in reality only 0,2%) It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of; but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvellous fight in this world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Here is the whole text of Mark Twains "Concerning the Jews":
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1898twain-jews.html

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever." .
Micah 4:5

iouae

Bs"d

Christianity brought us the dark ages.

Judaism has brought the world the ten commandments. Both Christianity and Islam are based on Judaism.

The vast majority of the great scientists were Jewish. Jews win 30% of all the Nobel prizes, while Jews make up 0.2% of the world population.

This is how Mark Twain put it into words:

To conclude. -- If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race.(in reality only 0,2%) It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way. Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of; but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk. His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also away out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers. He has made a marvellous fight in this world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it. The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished. The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Here is the whole text of Mark Twains "Concerning the Jews":
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1898twain-jews.html

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever." .

I agree with you 100% that the Jews are a very talented people who punch far above their weight.

You answered everything but my question.

My question was "What has Judaism contributed in the last 2000 years?"

Christianity changed the world for the better.
The Dark ages were what happened when 1st century, true Christianity was suppressed.
Today Christianity has free expression in many countries.
Christian nations seem to be happy, productive and wealthy compared to non-Christian nations.

I was the one who said Judaism gave us Jesus, the Apostles and OT-lite Christianity. I am making the argument that Christ and Christianity HAVE transformed the world, so don't try to claim points for Judaism on this score.

Maybe you could not think of one thing that the religion Judaism has contributed in the last 2000 years, except Islam, which you say grew out of Judaism. WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT!

Islam today reminds me of Judaism at the time of Christ under the Pharisees with its rules and rituals. Both religions produce similar products. Look at the ultra-orthodox Jews in Jerusalem as exemplifying a form of Judaism. Another form of Judaism is the Fiddler on the Roof kind of rituals for everything Judaism, which looks like so much superstition. But then you get the majority of Judaism which is to visit the synagogue on Yom Kippur, have a Bar Mizpah and then to live life as secularly as possible.

How many people are converting to Judaism compared to Christianity?
Does that not tell you how unappealing Judaism appears?

And in the State of Israel where all forms of Judaism described above have free play, we see the eye-for-an-eye, hate-your-enemy, God-plays-no-role form of Judaism producing an absolute recipe for disaster.

Because I like the Jews so much it hurts to see the people who gave us The Solution, reject That Solution, and in so doing march like lemmings to certain catastrophe.

edit: I just remembered the worst thing about Judaism. It teaches you from day 1 to never mention the name of Jesus. It prejudices you against the true Messiah from birth. Even Muslims think better of Jesus.

Elia

I agree with you 100% that the Jews are a very talented people who punch far above their weight.

You answered everything but my question.

My question was "What has Judaism contributed in the last 2000 years?"

Bs"d

The whole world blesses itself by the talented Jews.

The Jews gave the world the 10 commandments, and Christianity and Islam, both corrupted versions of the Jewish religion.

Christianity changed the world for the better.
The Dark ages were what happened when 1st century, true Christianity was suppressed.

Christianity forbid reading or translating the Bible, suppressed science, and brought us the dark ages, prosecution of Jews, and finally the holocaust.

How many people are converting to Judaism compared to Christianity?
Does that not tell you how unappealing Judaism appears?

Christianity and Islam actively convert people.

When somebody wants to convert to Judaism he or she must be pushed off at least three times.

That's the difference.

And in the State of Israel where all forms of Judaism described above have free play, we see the eye-for-an-eye, hate-your-enemy, God-plays-no-role form of Judaism producing an absolute recipe for disaster.

You have not the slightest idea of how Judaism works.

edit: I just remembered the worst thing about Judaism. It teaches you from day 1 to never mention the name of Jesus. It prejudices you against the true Messiah from birth. Even Muslims think better of Jesus.

That is what GOD teaches us:

“Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."
Ex 23:13

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

iouae

Bs"d

The whole world blesses itself by the talented Jews.

No thanks to Judaism, all thanks to DNA God gave you.

The Jews gave the world the 10 commandments, and Christianity and Islam, both corrupted versions of the Jewish religion.

Last 2000 years please? You cannot take credit for Christianity since you tried to end it 2000 years ago, remember? But we all make mistakes. Why not admit that one and do what the rest of the world has done, and get with the New (= better, improved) Covenant? Still sulking about God having extended salvation to the whole world? :)

Islam - already answered.

Christianity forbid reading or translating the Bible, suppressed science, and brought us the dark ages, prosecution of Jews, and finally the holocaust.

Are you living in the Dark Ages?

Look around you and count the translations of the Bible if you can.
Everyone was persecuted in the dark ages by a dark group who hijacked Christianity. But in the end, after the Reformation, real Christianity showed its colours.

Cannot think of a thing Judaism was doing to influence the world for the better during this time.

Oh sure the Holocaust was the Christian's fault.
The Christians lost their lives by the millions to stop Hitler.
I know there were a few Jews who signed up too.

Christianity and Islam actively convert people.

When somebody wants to convert to Judaism he or she must be pushed off at least three times.

That's the difference.

And that's a good feature of Judaism?

You have not the slightest idea of how Judaism works.

And you have not enlightened me as to one thing that it has done in 2000 years to benefit anyone. If God had relied on Judaism to reveal Himself to the world, nobody would know Him. That is why He started Christianity.

That is what GOD teaches us:

“Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."
Ex 23:13

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

It is not OTHER GODS you are rejecting but YOUR very own God who gave you first dibs on Him. For now He is working with us during the "Times of the Gentiles" but when He returns, you will be His focus of attention again.

Status
Not open for further replies.