ONLY Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elia

ELIA does not realize that he, as a JEW is still Worshipping JESUS every Sabbath because

Jesus was the God of the OLD Testament , the Testator as in Hebrews 9:16

Bs'd

And in the quran it is written that is was Allah.

How serieus can we take those statements from outside the Hebrew Bible?

Right Divider

Body part
Bs'd

"And they shall be one flesh" ..... In the Hebrew: "wehayu levasar echad" ..... This text is claimed by Christianity to prove that the word 'echad' can point to, or be, a 'composite unity', one being made up of more than one.

'Echad', one, can point to a composite unity. Of course. One can also point to a million: One million houses. Here one points to a million, but one is still one. We have here one million, and not a million millions. The fact that one points to something else does not change the meaning of one. One is one, and one stays one.
What a lot of babbling.

The claim that 'echad', one, can be a composite unity, with as proof the above verse, is simply wrong. In the above verse the flesh, made up of two people, is the composite unity, and not the 'echad', the one. Compare this to the following: One group of people. Here the group is the composite unity, and not the word one. We don't have here a composite unity of composite unities, but we have here one composite unity (the group of people). One is one and one stays one.
More babbling.

God, the ONE, has SHOWN Himself to US as a composite unity. So quit babbling.

<CUT>

Elia

What a lot of babbling.

More babbling.

God, the ONE, has SHOWN Himself to US as a composite unity. So quit babbling.

<CUT>

Bs'd

The whole Bible teaches that God is ONE. And therefore not three, not three in one, not "triune", but ONE.

So quit babbling with your extra-Biblical "triune" gods.

Right Divider

Body part
Bs'd

The whole Bible teaches that God is ONE. And therefore not three, not three in one, not "triune", but ONE.

So quit babbling with your extra-Biblical "triune" gods.
As you were shown, God is a UNITY of one as it concerns LANGUAGE, HEBREW... thanks for playing!

iamaberean

To understand the new testament, one must understand the old testament.

There are many spirits but only one Spirit that is LORD of Lords and that is Jehovah.

Jesus was born of Mary and he was flesh, the lineage of David but his father is Jehovah. The LORD God lived in Jesus. So Jesus is the LORD God wrapped in flesh. He is also known as the Redeemer, LORD of Host and Messiah and he was given a name that is above all names, Jesus.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Joh 13:19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
Joh 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

The LORD God is not three gods or three persons, he is the one, and only, LORD God wrapped in flesh.

Repentance96

BANNED
Banned
2:133

Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

Say: He is Allah, the One. Allah Y-H-W-H. He begets not nor is he begotten. And there is none like him

The way Jews and Muslims look and understand God is 100% the same. It is the Christians who have deviated the worst in their theology. The Qur'an can be used by faithful Jews to tackle the blasphemers head on, as it directly refutes the satanic concept of the Trinity and calls for those who have deviated in their beliefs to return back into the fold of pure monotheism. God would never allow the Christians to go astray without sending a warning and a guide back to the truth. God is not one who has his hands or tongue tied - the words of God are eternal and He has warned the Christians.

Elia

2:133

Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

Say: He is Allah, the One. Allah Y-H-W-H. He begets not nor is he begotten. And there is none like him

Bs'd

Both the Islam, and Christianity, are religions based on the testimony of one single person. The Islam on the testimony of Mohammed, and Christianity on the testimony of JC that he was God himself.

What is the testimony of one person worth?

Of all the thousands of religions there is only ONE religion that claims a divine revelation, not to one man, but to a whole nation of millions op people, and that is Judaism.

For ask now concerning the days that are past, which were before you, since the day that God created man on the earth, and ask from one end of heaven to the other, whether any great thing like this has happened, or anything like it has been heard. Did any people ever hear the voice of God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as you have heard, and live? Or did God ever try to go and take for Himself a nation from the midst of another nation, by trials, by signs, by wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and by great terrors, according to all that Y-H-W-H your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

Deut 4:32-35

For a deeper explanation of this subject, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEg_Oys4NkA

Repentance96

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

Both the Islam, and Christianity, are religions based on the testimony of one single person. The Islam on the testimony of Mohammed, and Christianity on the testimony of JC that he was God himself.

Of all the thousands of religions there is only ONE religion that claims a divine revelation, not to one man, but to a whole nation of millions op people, and that is Judaism.

For ask now concerning the days that are past, which were before you, since the day that God created man on the earth, and ask from one end of heaven to the other, whether any great thing like this has happened, or anything like it has been heard. Did any people ever hear the voice of God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as you have heard, and live? Or did God ever try to go and take for Himself a nation from the midst of another nation, by trials, by signs, by wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and by great terrors, according to all that Y-H-W-H your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

For a deeper explanation of this subject, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEg_Oys4NkA

Have you read the Quran? The Last Messenger was not a stand alone prophet. We believe in all the Prophets - Jewish or non-Jewish - and we believe in all divine scripture. After all God is One for all.

We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them (3:84 AYA).

The Quran is the ONLY Scripture that claims to be 1) from God 2) to all of mankind and 3) that it is free from any error.

Judaism = Islam for the Jewish nation. You cannot claim that Judaism is larger than Islam, or that Judaism is more universal or that Judaism has more prophets. All the prophets preached pure monotheism. Give me just ONE reason why Judaism cannot accept Muhammad (pbuh) as a Prophet and Messenger from God. State to me at least one way through which the Quran contradicts Judaism.

You are assuming wrongly - as if Islam and Judaism is mutually exclusive. Islam accommodates Judaism 100%.

O Children of Israel, remember My favor which I have bestowed upon you and fulfill My covenant [upon you] that I will fulfill your covenant [from Me], and be afraid of [only] Me. (2:40)

But how is it that they come to you for judgement while they have the Torah, in which is the judgement of Allah ? Then they turn away, [even] after that; but those are not [in fact] believers. Indeed, We sent down the Torah, in which was guidance and light. The prophets who submitted [to Allah ] judged by it for the Jews, as did the rabbis and scholars by that with which they were entrusted of the Scripture of Allah , and they were witnesses thereto. So do not fear the people but fear Me, and do not exchange My verses for a small price. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers. And We ordained for them therein a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and for wounds is legal retribution. But whoever gives [up his right as] charity, it is an expiation for him. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the wrongdoers. (5:43-45)

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

That's baloney! If the Jews Bible is to be belived Judaism is also based on revelation to one man "Moses" who was a reformer. From there the national fiction of a "chosen people" grew though modifications, redactions and prophets who tried to reach the hard headed people.

Last edited:

Hawkins

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Modern Judaism has no salvation concept. It's more of a Sadducee concept. It's completely different from the Pharisaic concept at Jesus time. That is to say, if today's Judaism is correct, Y-H-W-H is just a dummy, one can choose to believe in Him OR NOT. Once you die nothing happens anyway. There will be no consequences of disbelieving in Y-H-W-H. That's the blasphemy.

On the other hand, if salvation matters only Christianity saves. There are only 20 mil. Judaism believers among the 6 bil. humans on today's earth.

Obviously, if salvation doesn't matter then Y-H-W-H is a dummy god for one to choose to believe OR NOT as there's no negative consequences for choosing not to believe. If salvation matters, Judaism won't save unless God only chooses to save the 0.3% humans, that is, the Jews with most of them don't even believe in a salvation.

Moreover, if today's Judaism is correct the Jews don't have a Messiah nor any prophet in the past 2400 years ever since Malachi. If you believe so, it's just another blasphemy saying that God didn't do anything concerning humans.

Repentance96

BANNED
Banned
Is there a good rational scripturally valid reason as to why there havent been Jewish prophets for such a relatively long long time?

Concerning the afterlife teachings, it seems that God did not promise goodness for the good soul and damnation for the evil ones after death to each and every Jew personally through the religion of Judaism. Its more like a social responsibility/burden rather than a personal decision, and punishment/judgement is in this world for both individual or nation.

egyptianmuslim

Bs’d

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

Repentance96

BANNED
Banned
What complete nonsense! This is EXACTLY what the Bible claims for itself.
No it does not. Firstly what is the Bible? The NT does not even refer to itself as a whole nor does it seemed to be limited in authorship and content. The Church was there first and it picked up writings and compiled them into some sort of holy book. And I've read the NT, nowhere did I come across God speaking in the first person and informing us that the book in our hands is from him to us all. Instead it says so and so writes to my dear so and so. They are merely epistles and letters, inspired or not is not the point. And the Quran is clearly the only divine Scripture to assume infallibility and inerrancy.

And furthermore copies of the Quran is exactly the same sans any translations and interpretations. You haven't even come across the original "Bible".

Elia

There are many spirits but only one Spirit that is LORD of Lords and that is Jehovah.

Jesus was born of Mary and he was flesh, the lineage of David but his father is Jehovah. The LORD God lived in Jesus. So Jesus is the LORD God wrapped in flesh. He is also known as the Redeemer, LORD of Host and Messiah and he was given a name that is above all names, Jesus.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Joh 13:19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
Joh 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

The LORD God is not three gods or three persons, he is the one, and only, LORD God wrapped in flesh.

Bs'd

God is not a human being:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

Worshiping a human being is IDOLATRY!!

Elia

No it does not. Firstly what is the Bible? The NT does not even refer to itself as a whole nor does it seemed to be limited in authorship and content. The Church was there first and it picked up writings and compiled them into some sort of holy book. And I've read the NT, nowhere did I come across God speaking in the first person and informing us that the book in our hands is from him to us all. Instead it says so and so writes to my dear so and so. They are merely epistles and letters, inspired or not is not the point. And the Quran is clearly the only divine Scripture to assume infallibility and inerrancy.

And furthermore copies of the Quran is exactly the same sans any translations and interpretations. You haven't even come across the original "Bible".

Bs'd

Do you have the original Quran?

And they are all the same because one standard edition was enforced and all the rest was burned.

Elia

That's baloney! If the Jews Bible is to be belived Judaism is also based on revelation to one man "Moses" who was a reformer. From there the national fiction of a "chosen people" grew though modifications, redactions and prophets who tried to reach the hard headed people.

Bs'd

God spoke the Ten Commandments not to Moses, but to the whole nation of millions of people:

And God spoke all these words, saying:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
The People Afraid of God’s Presence

18 Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off. 19 Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”

20 And Moses said to the people, “Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin.” 21 So the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near the thick darkness where God was.
The Law of the Altar

22 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘You have seen that I have talked with you from heaven."
Ex 20

"And Moses called all Israel, and said to them: “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your hearing today, that you may learn them and be careful to observe them. 2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. 3 The Lord did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who are here today, all of us who are alive. 4 The Lord talked with you face to face on the mountain from the midst of the fire. 5 I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the Lord; for you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up the mountain. He said:

6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

7 ‘You shall have no other gods before Me.

8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 9 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

11 ‘You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

12 ‘Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you. 13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.

16 ‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

17 ‘You shall not murder.

18 ‘You shall not commit adultery.

19 ‘You shall not steal.

20 ‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

21 ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor’s house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.’

22 “These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

23 “So it was, when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, that you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders. 24 And you said: ‘Surely the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire. We have seen this day that God speaks with man; yet he still lives. 25 Now therefore, why should we die? For this great fire will consume us; if we hear the voice of the Lord our God anymore, then we shall die. 26 For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?"

Deut 5

Elia

Bs'd

God is NOT flesh. God is NOT a man:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

Status
Not open for further replies.