ONLY Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierac

The NT, just like the OT, is clear that we need to worship God as He has revealed Himself – which is Triune.

Paul clearly distanced himself from his unbelieving Jewish brethren by his following belief declaration:

But I confess this to you that according to the Way, which they say is a sect, so I worship the ancestral God believing all things according to that having been written in the Law and the Prophets, having hope toward God, which these themselves also admit, of a resurrection being about to be of the dead, both of just and unjust ones. (Acts 24.14)

Clearly, Paul builds upon the previous Hebrew prophets and is now able to worship God properly ‘according to The Way’ and according to that which had previously been written in the Torah and the prophets.

Obviously, Paul is able to see what his Jewish brethren have missed. Jews have been in denial of proper worship of God – and ‘The Way’ has laid the foundation for proper worship to God.

Proper worship of God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

• Father
• Son (Truth)
• Spirit

Further, the Book of Revelation shows us clearly the deity interchangeability between Father, Son and Spirit and amply demonstrates that each receives worship as the one God.

You make many bold statements that have absolutely no bearing in not just the truth... but any truth! Much less Scripture !!! :doh:

I don't say this often... but your an idiot! :rolleyes:

Exactly what part of Jesus' statement did you not understand? He said... The True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth.

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are.

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven…"(Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture. See the following:

“Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, " ( Col 1:3 )

"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." (Col 1:12)

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father "through" him." (Col 3:17)

JESUS CLEARLY TEACHES US HE ... has a God... So explain how you can be GOD and then claim to have a GOD!!! :rolleyes:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Elia

Just look at how the Jews disobeyed Yahweh and were given-up to the worship of idols, demons and false gods. How can it be that Jews proclaim the worship of one true God when all the way through their book of faith they repeatedly worshiped a whole multitude of false gods?!

Bs'd

Were there ever any pagans, any non-Jews, who worshiped the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one?

NO!!

And now there still aren't any.

So the Christians who worship a whole divine family, who threw Gods laws overboard and replaced them with paganism, shouldn't think they are following the one and only true God who is one.

It is the Jews who, also in times of national straying from God, upheld the worship of the one true God Y-H-W-H: "Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
14 He replied, “I have been very zealous for Y-H-W-H God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”
15 Y-H-W-H said to him, “Go back the way you came, and go to the Desert of Damascus. When you get there, anoint Hazael king over Aram. 16 Also, anoint Jehu son of Nimshi king over Israel, and anoint Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel Meholah to succeed you as prophet. 17 Jehu will put to death any who escape the sword of Hazael, and Elisha will put to death any who escape the sword of Jehu. 18 Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him.”
1 Kings 19

So always there was a hard core of Jews loyal to Y-H-W-H.

The weak fall by the wayside, nowadays they assimilate, convert to false religions, and drop out of Judaism and dissappear amongst the nations, but the hard core of Jews loyal to Y-H-W-H continues the real faith, and the worship of Y-H-W-H who is one, and not three.

Only Trinitarian Christians are able to see the Creator God was He has revealed Himself.

Trinitarianism is an extra-Biblical lie. God is ONE, and not three:

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One" Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." English Standard Version

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" New American Standard Bible

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." New International Version

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!" New King James Version"

"And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the first of all?" Jesus answered, "The first is, `Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, THE LORD IS ONE; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." And the scribe said to him, "You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that HE IS ONE, and there is no other but he; and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices." And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."" Mark 12:28-34 Revised Standard Version

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Here is the most important one. Moses said, 'Israel, listen to me. The Lord is our God. The Lord is one." .... "You are right in saying that God is one." New International Readers Version

"Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One." .... "You have correctly said that He is One," Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Jesus answered, The first is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one:" .... "thou hast well said that he is one;" American Standard Version

"Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one." New King James Version

"Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one" .... "You have truly said that he is one," English Standard Version

"Jesus said, "The first in importance is, 'Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one;" .... "A wonderful answer, Teacher! So lucid and accurate—that God is one" The Message

"‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one." .... “You are right in saying that God is one" New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one; but GOD IS ONE." Gal 3:20 Revised Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but GOD IS ONE" King James Version

"A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but GOD IS ONE." New International Version

"Now an intermediary implies more than one, but GOD IS ONE." English Standard Version

"Now a mediator is not a mediator of one; but GOD IS ONE." American Standard Version

"and the mediator is not of one, and GOD IS ONE" Youngs Literal Translation

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." James 2:19 Revised Standard Version

"thou -- thou dost believe that GOD IS ONE; thou dost well," Youngs Literal translation

"Thou believest that GOD IS ONE; thou doest well:" American Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Holman Christian Standard Bible.

"*Thou* believest that GOD IS ONE. Thou doest well." Darby Translation.

"It’s good that you believe that GOD IS ONE." Common English Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." English Standard Version

"You believe that GOD IS ONE; you do well." Amplified Bible

"You believe that GOD IS ONE You do well;" New American Standard Bible

So the Bible teaches clearly that God is ONE.

"And J-e-h-o-v-a-h shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall J-e-h-o-v-a-h be one, and his name one." Zach 14:9 American Standard Version

"And the LORD shall be King over all the earth. In that day it shall be— “The LORD is one, And His name one." New King James Version

"And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one." English Standard Version

"And the Lord shall be King over all the earth; in that day the Lord shall be one [in the recognition and worship of men] and His name one." Amplified Bible

In the service of Y-H-W-H,

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

Elia

You obviously have no knowledge of the history of Israel if you think that the following happened during the days of Isaiah:

"Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore" (Isa.9:7). [/INDENT]

Bs'd

The only word in Isaiah 9 which I cannot read completely literal is "without end". I say that the Hebrew expression "eyn kets" means "an awful lot", "very much", in stead of "without end", just like Isaiah uses the same words "eyn kets" twice in chapte 2:7; "And its land is full of silver and gold, And there is no end to its treasures, And its land is full of horses, And there is no end to its chariots,"

Everybody can see here that the words "without end" are not to be taken literally, just like in Job 22:5; "Is not your wickedness great? Are not your sins without end?"

And also in Ecclesiastes 4:8 + 16; "8There is one, and there is not a second; even son or brother he hath not, and there is no end to all his labour."

"there is no end to all the people, to all who were before them."

So it is clear that the expression "without end" is not always to be taken literally.

But now look what Christianity has to do in order to make a messianic prophecy out of this: The past tense has to be changed to future tense, and then you end up with a prophecy which is NOT fulfilled by JC: JC never had any government on his shoulder. (Hezekia had)
JC never sat on the throne of David. (Hezekiah did)
JC never brought any peace. (Hezekiah did)

So what is more logical; the Christian interpretation or the Jewish interpretation?

And the word "olaam", which is translated as "for evermore" just means "a long undefined period", and is used in the Tanach for a timespan no longer than a human life.

So there would be peace in the days of Hezekiah, and not "for ever more".

You are being bamboozled by corrupted Christian Bibletranslations, because you cannot read Hebrew.

In the service of Y-H-W-H,

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

Apple7

Spanked...

Spanked...

You make many bold statements that have absolutely no bearing in not just the truth... but any truth! Much less Scripture !!! :doh:

I don't say this often... but your an idiot! :rolleyes:

Exactly what part of Jesus' statement did you not understand? He said... The True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth.

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are.

You should pay attention to Jesus when He tells you that He is The Truth...

John 14.6…Jesus

Jesus said to him, I am the Way, and The Truth (hē alētheia), and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

In fact, ALL the way through the NT, 'The Truth' ALWAYS refers to Jesus as the subject.

John 1.9 – 17…Jesus

He was The True (to alēthinon) Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, yet the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God. And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and of Truth (alētheias). John witnesses concerning Him, and has cried out, saying, This One was He of whom I said, He coming after me has been before me, for He was preceding me. And out of His fullness we all received, and grace on top of grace. For the Law was given through Moses, but grace and The Truth (hē alētheia) came through Jesus Christ.

John 3.19 – 21…Jesus

And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil. For everyone practicing wickedness hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, that his works may not be exposed. But the one practicing The Truth (tēn alētheian) comes to the Light, that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

John 5.32 – 33…Jesus

It is Another that witnesses concerning Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses concerning Me is true. You have sent to John, and he has testified to The Truth (tē alētheia).

John 6.32 – 33…Jesus

Then Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Moses has not given you the bread out of Heaven, but My Father gives you The True (ton alēthinon) bread out of Heaven. For the bread of God is He coming down out of Heaven and giving life to the world.

John 8.31 – 46…Jesus

Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, If you continue in My Word, you are truly My disciples. And you will know The Truth (tēn alētheian), and The Truth (hē alētheia) will set you free. They answered Him, We are Abraham's seed, and we have been in slavery to no one, never! How do You say, You will become free? Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Everyone practicing sin is a slave of sin. But the slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains to the age. Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed. I know that you are Abraham's seed, but you seek to kill Me, because My Word is not given room in you. I speak what I have seen with My Father. And you therefore do what you have seen with your father. They answered and said to Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were children of Abraham, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a man who has spoken The Truth (tēn alētheian) to you, which I heard alongside of God. Abraham did not do this. You do the works of your father. They said to Him, We were not born of fornication; we have one father, God. Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me. Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word. You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in The Truth (tē alētheia), because there is no Truth (alētheia) in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak The Truth (tēn alētheian), you do not believe Me. Who of you reproves Me concerning sin? But if I speak Truth (alētheian), why do you not believe Me?

John 14.16 – 18…Jesus

And I will petition the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may remain with you to the age, the Spirit of The Truth (tēs alētheias), whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He abides with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I am coming to you.

John 15.26…Jesus

And when the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of The Truth (tēs alētheias)who proceeds from the Father, that One will witness concerning Me.

John 16.7…Jesus

But I tell you The Truth (tēn alētheian), it is advantageous for you that I should go; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I go, I will send Him to you.

John 16.13 – 14…Jesus

But when that One comes, the Spirit, TheTruth (tēs alētheias), He will guide you into all The Truth (tē alētheia), for He will not speak from Himself, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will announce the coming things to you. That One will glorify Me, for He will receive from Mine and will announce to you.

John 17.3…Jesus

And this is everlasting life, that they may know You, the only True (alēthinon) God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

John 17.17 – 19…Jesus

Sanctify them in The Truth (tē alētheia); Your Word is Truth (alētheia). As You have sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world, and I sanctify Myself for them, that they also may be sanctified in Truth (alētheia).

John 18.37 – 38…Jesus

Then Pilate said to Him, Are You really a king? Jesus answered, You say that I am a king. For this purpose I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I might witness to The Truth (tē alētheia). Everyone being of The Truth (tēs alētheias) hears My voice. Pilate said to Him, What is Truth (alētheia)? And saying this, he again went out to the Jews and said to them, I do not find even one crime in Him!

1 John 2.8…Jesus

gain I write a new commandment to you which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and The True (to alēthinon) Light already shines.

1 John 5.20…Jesus

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know The True (ton alēthinon) One, and we are in The True (tō alēthinō) One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is The True (ho alēthinos) God and the life everlasting.

1 John 1.6 – 8…Jesus

If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and we walk in darkness, we lie and are not practicing The Truth (tēn alētheian). But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and The Truth (hē alētheia) is not in us.

1 John 2.4…Jesus

The one saying, I have known Him, and not keeping His commands is a liar, and The Truth (hē alētheia) is not in that one.

1 John 2.21 – 23…Jesus

I did not write to you because you do not know The Truth (tēn alētheian), but because you know Him, and because every lie is not of The Truth (tēs alētheias). Who is the liar, except the one denying, saying that Jesus is not the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one denying the Father and the Son. Everyone denying the Son does not have the Father. The one confessing the Son also has the Father.

1 John 3.18 – 19…Jesus

My little children, let us not love in word, or in tongue, but in deed and in Truth (alētheia). And in this we shall know that we are of The Truth (tēs alētheias), and shall persuade our hearts before Him,

1 John 4.3 – 6…Jesus

And every spirit which does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not from God; and this is the antichrist which you heard is coming, and now is already in the world. Little children, you are of God and have overcome them, because He in you is greater than he in the world. They are of the world; because of this they speak of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God; the one knowing God hears us. Whoever is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit The Truth (tēs alētheias), and the spirit of error.

Spanked.

Apple7

Spanked again...

Spanked again...

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven…"(Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture.

Jesus teaches us to pray in The Father's singular name...of which, is the same singular name as the Son and Spirit. (Mat 6.9 - 13)

See for yourself...

Mat 28.19

πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος

Then having gone, disciple all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

This passage contains arthrous substantives connected via kai which indicates distinction and separate referents.

However, while distinction is made between the referents, each has the same singular name.

Three Persons in one Being.

This same singular name of three persons’ baptism is the same as the Aaronic blessing in which the singular name of Yahweh is repeated three times (Num 6.22 – 27).

Separate and yet the same, The Trinity.

Spanked.

Apple7

Spanked yet again...

Spanked yet again...

“Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

Post your NT records and I will but in in biblical context! Context Is King

So much for your 'context' boast...

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

Spanked.

Apple7

Spanked yet again and again...

Spanked yet again and again...

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, " ( Col 1:3 )

"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." (Col 1:12)

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father "through" him." (Col 3:17)

JESUS CLEARLY TEACHES US HE ... has a God... So explain how you can be GOD and then claim to have a GOD!!! :rolleyes:

Matt 22.41 - 46

But the Pharisees having been gathered, Jesus questioned them, saying, What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He? They say to Him, David's. He said to them, Then how does David in Spirit call Him Lord, saying, "The Lord said to my Lord, Sit off My right until I should put Your hostile ones as a footstool for Your feet?"(Psalm110.1) Then if David calls Him Lord, how is He his son? And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day to question Him any more.

There you have it.

God The Father and God The Son.

Equal.

Father, Son, Spirit.

Simple Biblical Truth.

Spanked.

Apple7

Were there ever any pagans, any non-Jews, who worshiped the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one?

NO!!

And now there still aren't any.

The Tanak is ripe with examples of JEWS worshipping anything OTHER than Yahweh.

keypurr

You should pay attention to Jesus when He tells you that He is The Truth...

John 14.6…Jesus

Jesus said to him, I am the Way, and The Truth (hē alētheia), and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

In fact, ALL the way through the NT, 'The Truth' ALWAYS refers to Jesus as the subject.

John 1.9 – 17…Jesus

He was The True (to alēthinon) Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, yet the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God. And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and of Truth (alētheias). John witnesses concerning Him, and has cried out, saying, This One was He of whom I said, He coming after me has been before me, for He was preceding me. And out of His fullness we all received, and grace on top of grace. For the Law was given through Moses, but grace and The Truth (hē alētheia) came through Jesus Christ.

John 3.19 – 21…Jesus

And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil. For everyone practicing wickedness hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, that his works may not be exposed. But the one practicing The Truth (tēn alētheian) comes to the Light, that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

John 5.32 – 33…Jesus

It is Another that witnesses concerning Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses concerning Me is true. You have sent to John, and he has testified to The Truth (tē alētheia).

John 6.32 – 33…Jesus

Then Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Moses has not given you the bread out of Heaven, but My Father gives you The True (ton alēthinon) bread out of Heaven. For the bread of God is He coming down out of Heaven and giving life to the world.

John 8.31 – 46…Jesus

Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, If you continue in My Word, you are truly My disciples. And you will know The Truth (tēn alētheian), and The Truth (hē alētheia) will set you free. They answered Him, We are Abraham's seed, and we have been in slavery to no one, never! How do You say, You will become free? Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Everyone practicing sin is a slave of sin. But the slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains to the age. Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed. I know that you are Abraham's seed, but you seek to kill Me, because My Word is not given room in you. I speak what I have seen with My Father. And you therefore do what you have seen with your father. They answered and said to Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were children of Abraham, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a man who has spoken The Truth (tēn alētheian) to you, which I heard alongside of God. Abraham did not do this. You do the works of your father. They said to Him, We were not born of fornication; we have one father, God. Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me. Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word. You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in The Truth (tē alētheia), because there is no Truth (alētheia) in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak The Truth (tēn alētheian), you do not believe Me. Who of you reproves Me concerning sin? But if I speak Truth (alētheian), why do you not believe Me?

John 14.16 – 18…Jesus

And I will petition the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may remain with you to the age, the Spirit of The Truth (tēs alētheias), whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He abides with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I am coming to you.

John 15.26…Jesus

And when the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of The Truth (tēs alētheias)who proceeds from the Father, that One will witness concerning Me.

John 16.7…Jesus

But I tell you The Truth (tēn alētheian), it is advantageous for you that I should go; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I go, I will send Him to you.

John 16.13 – 14…Jesus

But when that One comes, the Spirit, TheTruth (tēs alētheias), He will guide you into all The Truth (tē alētheia), for He will not speak from Himself, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will announce the coming things to you. That One will glorify Me, for He will receive from Mine and will announce to you.

John 17.3…Jesus

And this is everlasting life, that they may know You, the only True (alēthinon) God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

John 17.17 – 19…Jesus

Sanctify them in The Truth (tē alētheia); Your Word is Truth (alētheia). As You have sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world, and I sanctify Myself for them, that they also may be sanctified in Truth (alētheia).

John 18.37 – 38…Jesus

Then Pilate said to Him, Are You really a king? Jesus answered, You say that I am a king. For this purpose I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I might witness to The Truth (tē alētheia). Everyone being of The Truth (tēs alētheias) hears My voice. Pilate said to Him, What is Truth (alētheia)? And saying this, he again went out to the Jews and said to them, I do not find even one crime in Him!

1 John 2.8…Jesus

gain I write a new commandment to you which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and The True (to alēthinon) Light already shines.

1 John 5.20…Jesus

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know The True (ton alēthinon) One, and we are in The True (tō alēthinō) One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is The True (ho alēthinos) God and the life everlasting.

1 John 1.6 – 8…Jesus

If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and we walk in darkness, we lie and are not practicing The Truth (tēn alētheian). But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and The Truth (hē alētheia) is not in us.

1 John 2.4…Jesus

The one saying, I have known Him, and not keeping His commands is a liar, and The Truth (hē alētheia) is not in that one.

1 John 2.21 – 23…Jesus

I did not write to you because you do not know The Truth (tēn alētheian), but because you know Him, and because every lie is not of The Truth (tēs alētheias). Who is the liar, except the one denying, saying that Jesus is not the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one denying the Father and the Son. Everyone denying the Son does not have the Father. The one confessing the Son also has the Father.

1 John 3.18 – 19…Jesus

My little children, let us not love in word, or in tongue, but in deed and in Truth (alētheia). And in this we shall know that we are of The Truth (tēs alētheias), and shall persuade our hearts before Him,

1 John 4.3 – 6…Jesus

And every spirit which does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not from God; and this is the antichrist which you heard is coming, and now is already in the world. Little children, you are of God and have overcome them, because He in you is greater than he in the world. They are of the world; because of this they speak of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God; the one knowing God hears us. Whoever is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit The Truth (tēs alētheias), and the spirit of error.

Spanked.

You just proved that Pierac is right.

keypurr

So much for your 'context' boast...

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

Spanked.

Not so friend.

Romans 9:5

(ASV) whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

(BBE) Whose are the fathers, and of whom came Christ in the flesh, who is over all, God, to whom be blessing for ever. So be it.

(Bishops) Of whom are the fathers, of whom as concernyng the fleshe, Christe [came,] which is God, in all thynges to be praysed for euer. Amen.

(CEV) They have those famous ancestors, who were also the ancestors of Jesus Christ. I pray that God, who rules over all, will be praised forever! Amen.

(DRB) Whose are the fathers and of whom is Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all things, God blessed for ever. Amen.

(ESV) To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

(Geneva) Of whome are the fathers, and of whome concerning the flesh, Christ came, who is God ouer all, blessed for euer, Amen.

(GNB) they are descended from the famous Hebrew ancestors; and Christ, as a human being, belongs to their race. May God, who rules over all, be praised forever! Amen.

(GW) The Messiah is descended from their ancestors according to his human nature. The Messiah is God over everything, forever blessed. Amen.

(ISV) To them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, Christ descended, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

(KJV) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

(NAS77) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(NASB) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(NET.) To them belong the patriarchs, and from them, by human descent, came the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever! Amen.

(NIrV) The founders of our nation belong to them. Christ comes from their family line. He is God over all. May he always be praised! Amen.

(NIV) Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

(NKJV) of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

(NRSV) to them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, comes the Messiah, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(NRSVA) to them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, comes the Messiah, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(TNIV) Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

(YLT) whose are the fathers, and of whom is the Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen.

Sorry Apple7 but most of the translators disagree with you.

Apple7

Not so friend.

Romans 9:5

(ASV) whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

(BBE) Whose are the fathers, and of whom came Christ in the flesh, who is over all, God, to whom be blessing for ever. So be it.

(Bishops) Of whom are the fathers, of whom as concernyng the fleshe, Christe [came,] which is God, in all thynges to be praysed for euer. Amen.

(CEV) They have those famous ancestors, who were also the ancestors of Jesus Christ. I pray that God, who rules over all, will be praised forever! Amen.

(DRB) Whose are the fathers and of whom is Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all things, God blessed for ever. Amen.

(ESV) To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

(Geneva) Of whome are the fathers, and of whome concerning the flesh, Christ came, who is God ouer all, blessed for euer, Amen.

(GNB) they are descended from the famous Hebrew ancestors; and Christ, as a human being, belongs to their race. May God, who rules over all, be praised forever! Amen.

(GW) The Messiah is descended from their ancestors according to his human nature. The Messiah is God over everything, forever blessed. Amen.

(ISV) To them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, Christ descended, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

(KJV) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

(NAS77) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(NASB) whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(NET.) To them belong the patriarchs, and from them, by human descent, came the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever! Amen.

(NIrV) The founders of our nation belong to them. Christ comes from their family line. He is God over all. May he always be praised! Amen.

(NIV) Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

(NKJV) of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.

(NRSV) to them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, comes the Messiah, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(NRSVA) to them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, comes the Messiah, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

(TNIV) Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

(YLT) whose are the fathers, and of whom is the Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen.

Sorry Apple7 but most of the translators disagree with you.

You just spanked yourself.

wordsponge

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

A God made up of three persons is not one but three.
The BUNDLE is a decree of CONFUSION by GOD.

Monothesism is partly light due to rebellion....

The answers are not in Moses or the Tradition of the Elders
but in the persecuted and killed Prophets
and then the ISRAELITE Apostles
GOD has GLORIFIED the outcast ONES
and made them indispensable to us FOREVER...

journey

Bs'd

A God made up of three persons is not one but three.

God the Father is in God the Son (Jesus Christ, The Word) and God the Holy Spirit.

God the Son (Jesus Christ, The Word) is in God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

God the Holy Spirit is in God the Father and God the Son (Jesus Christ, The Word).

Three unique personages - yet the Three are One.

Status
Not open for further replies.