Online Prayer Requests

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last Thursday I had a Pulmo/Sleep Dr appt, and told him that I tend to start jerking about 8 at night and and through the night when I go to bed, bedtime with out knowing it, so he Rx'd Pramipexole 0.5mg so I could sleep through the night, then he said I needed to see my PCP and Neurologist about what might be going on. I spent about 4 hours with my PCP and a Neurologist today, it's the beginnings of Parkinson's, a very slow beginning. While there is much to learn and understand, it's not the end of the world. The only change in treatment for now is I may have to take the Pramipexole 0.5mg twice a day to become more stable and keep the jerking under control.

Thanks for your prayers ... Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist
There is a blessing in all of this, the retirement/healthcare center where I/m the chaplain, does have an advantage with Parkinson's thing, there are those there who have the same thing, different stages, I can be of an understanding help, and have information and help that will be beneficial - the Dr's said what I have is slow to progress and that is another blessing.

I'm truly blessed in somethings to be in the right place at the right time.

As for the COPD Bronchiectasis it's being treated and that's about it; and the TIA's mini-strokes, it been a while since I've had one.

All in all ... Praise the Lord!

IMJerusha

There is a blessing in all of this, the retirement/healthcare center where I/m the chaplain, does have an advantage with Parkinson's thing, there are those there who have the same thing, different stages, I can be of an understanding help, and have information and help that will be beneficial - the Dr's said what I have is slow to progress and that is another blessing.

As for the COPD Bronchiectasis it's being treated and that's about it; and the TIA's mini-strokes, it been a while since I've had one.

Thanks Psalmist. I appreciate your example of faith very much!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last Thursday I had a Pulmo/Sleep Dr appt, and told him that I tend to start jerking about 8 at night and and through the night when I go to bed, bedtime with out knowing it, so he Rx'd Pramipexole 0.5mg so I could sleep through the night, then he said I needed to see my PCP and Neurologist about what might be going on. I spent about 4 hours with my PCP and a Neurologist today, it's the beginnings of Parkinson's, a very slow beginning. While there is much to learn and understand, it's not the end of the world. The only change in treatment for now is I may have to take the Pramipexole 0.5mg twice a day to become more stable and keep the jerking under control.

Thanks for your prayers ... Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist​
The jerking in late evening and bet time has all but stopped, so the Pramipexole 0.5mg is doing it's job; we'll how things progress in a month. Early detection of Parkinson's is difficult at best.

The lungs are opening up more. but the side effects of the Theophylinne are very tiring; so it's plan your day and and so forth and that's okay.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The jerking in late evening and bet time has all but stopped, so the Pramipexole 0.5mg is doing it's job; we'll how things progress in a month. Early detection of Parkinson's is difficult at best.

The lungs are opening up more. but the side effects of the Theophylline are very tiring; so it's plan your day and and so forth and that's okay.
There are days that are better, and there is a bit of improvement; I think the worst is when I cannot sit still, that related to RLS and the early onset of Parkinson's.

So we continue to Praise the Lord for each new day, and thank Him for the small victories in this war ... Amen!

We continue also to be thankful TOL, it's a Haven of Rest for me and Mrs Psalmist.

lifeisgood

Could I ask for prayers for a family member who is not even 35 years old who has two beautiful little girls, who just found out that he has terminal cancer. It is in his colon, liver, kidneys, etc. He never said he felt bad.

Doctors have told him there is nothing they can do for him.

I ask the Lord to give him the wisdom to leave good things for his girls (wise words).

For the family to accept the inevitable, bar a miracle of the Lord.

For them to know that even though this is a horrible shock, the Lord is good all the time and He knows what is best, even if we don't agree with His decision.

My comfort is that not too long ago he said the Lord had accepted him as his son. He was so happy with his new life in the Lord.

Praise God for His mercy giving him the time to accept Him.

Thank you for the prayers.

JosephR

Could I ask for prayers for a family member who is not even 35 years old who has two beautiful little girls, who just found out that he has terminal cancer. It is in his colon, liver, kidneys, etc. He never said he felt bad.

I ask the Lord to give him the wisdom to leave good things for his girls (wise words).

For them to know that even though this is a horrible shock, the Lord is good all the time and He knows what is best, even if we don't agree with His decision.

My comfort is that not too long ago he said the Lord had accepted him as his son. He was so happy with his new life in the Lord.

Absolutely and immediately

bybee

Praying!

IMJerusha

Consider it done!

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you guys for helping me pray.
It is not easy, but like my favorite hymn says, 'it is well with my soul.'
I think you would another hymn, "Be Stilll My Soul"
Be Still My Soul

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

Be still, my soul: begin the song of praise
On earth, believing, to Thy Lord on high;
Acknowledge Him in all thy words and ways,
So shall He view thee with a well pleased eye.
Be still, my soul: the sun of life divine
Through passing clouds shall but more brightly shine.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are days that are better, and there is a bit of improvement; I think the worst is when I cannot sit still, that related to RLS and the early onset of Parkinson's.
The restless leg syndrome constantly with maybe a 1 or 2 hour quiet period, and you cannot see it all the time.