On Rape

glorydaz

It already is and as demonstrated, certain members of society wish to see victims publically humiliated. IF that were not the case, words such as *whore* would not pop up in relation to the VICTIM.

You're the only one I've seen promoting public humiliation.

The word "whore" pops up when there are whores involved.

No kidding. That is, after all, the intent of shifting blame to the victims.

There is no shifting blame. There is enough blame to go around. :doh:

Uh huh. Imagine that. The VICTIMS being called whores (for their whorish behavior). Your word.

So when, Dolo, do these *men* get called on their whorish behavior?

Yes, there is such a thing as "whorish behavior" which can result (consequences) in the whore being raped.

And, Lord have mercy, Rusha has been hounding ClimateSanity for nearly a month now? :shocked:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I had missed this, and some good points are made here about why Bybee etal have gone to such extremes on this issue. Undoubtedly there are some fears of what could come from telling the truth that people do suffer consequences for bad behavior, but the truth can never change or be ignored just to keep people from being afraid of what could come.

So everybody is afraid of deserving to be raped ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Shame and guilt over past behavior can drive someone to make excuses for behavior that the younger generation is now committing that they (possibly) could have been guilt of themselves in the past. You let it out of the bag about your past and so you are free to righteously condemn what needs condemning.

It's quite obvious that you are The Judge's lackey.

ClimateSanity

Playing dense only works with characters like woody on cheers. Its not funny when you try it.

Everybody is afraid of having their past (sexual indiscretions) being made public. It could be that they feel guilty over past behavior and maybe that knowledge might make them slip with a confession.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Impossibility ... since no one deserves to be raped.

What should be feared is the fact that should this *blame the rape victims* attitude continue to prevail, fewer women will be willing to come forward.

That goes hand in hand with victim berating.

glorydaz

Shame and guilt over past behavior can drive someone to make excuses for behavior that the younger generation is now committing that they (possibly) could have been guilt of themselves in the past. You let it out of the bag about your past and so you are free to righteously condemn what needs condemning.

I'd be willing to bet that more strippers who suffered something bad because of their BAD behavior would be quicker to admit they got their just deserts than these "holier than thou" bleeding hearts we hear from on these threads. I know even before I was saved I knew when I'd gotten what I deserved...no matter how unpleasant it was or how hard it was to admit.

I learned from my grandpa early on that you only look like a fool when you try to deny the obvious.

You were stripping and got raped.....BUSTED.

glorydaz

Impossibility ... since no one deserves to be raped.

What should be feared is the fact that should this *blame the rape victims* attitude continue to prevail, fewer women will be willing to come forward.

That goes hand in hand with victim berating.

There ya go, and that fear keeps people from admitting the truth. That we reap what we sow in this life. There are consequences for our behavior. Like it or not.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'd be willing to bet that more strippers who suffered something bad because of their BAD behavior would be quicker to admit they got their just deserts than these "holier than thou" bleeding hearts we hear from on these threads. I know even before I was saved I knew when I'd gotten what I deserved...no matter how unpleasant it was or how hard it was to admit.

I learned from my grandpa early on that you only look like a fool when you try to deny the obvious.

You were stripping and got raped.....BUSTED.

You say you love me, why don't you keep my commandments?

1PeaceMaker

They will feel guilty over past actions they fear others will see as whorish behavior.

When you consider that OD thinks belly dancing is whorish and he promotes this idea on the web in front of self-righteous potential rapists, they might develop an MO.

Do you think dancers deserve to be raped? What kind?

What kinds of clothes are so immoral and whorish that they make the wearer guilty? Bikinis? Jogging shorts?

They might be perfectly innocent but their imagination can still accuse them.

When legalism reigns and girls are taught that their clothing absolves men from rape (or makes them guilty of causing the man to feel like a rapist) ... you're going to have innocent victims feeling shamed.

And what clothes on men give other men a pass to rape them from God because it's sinfully whorish?

1PeaceMaker

Being blamed for the rape, if the blame is accepted as well placed, means that they are accessories to a death penalty offense.

No wonder some countries stone their rape victims, even if they are only 13!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When you consider that OD thinks belly dancing is whorish and he promotes this idea on the web in front of self-righteous potential rapists, they might develop an MO.

What kinds of clothes are so immoral and whorish that they make the wearer guilty? Bikinis? Jogging shorts?

When legalism reigns and girls are taught that their clothing absolves men from rape (or makes them guilty of causing the man to feel like a rapist) ... you're going to have innocent victims feeling shamed.

And what clothes on men give other men a pass to rape them from God because it's sinfully whorish?

Skinny Jeans

ClimateSanity

You don't get what I'm saying at all do you? Try to stop pushing your agenda so hard and you might get the gist of what I said.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I bet there are gay rapists. In fact, I just saw one on Law and Order SVU

Interestingly enough, the reason these lowlife's rape women is because they know they have the ability, in most cases, to physically overpower them.

On the SVU episode, was the guy who was raped walking down the street late at night? Did he forget to close a window or lock his front door? Was he having a drink at a bar? Exactly what did he do that made this wonderful individual seek him out and rape him?

1PeaceMaker

You don't get what I'm saying at all do you? Try to stop pushing your agenda so hard and you might get the gist of what I said.

You don't get what I'm saying. Dozer's position paints victims as accessories to a death penalty offense.

You shouldn't pal around with him or GD for that reason.

You still haven't stated which clothes are immoral enough to make you an accessory to a death penalty offense.