On Rape

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'd be interested to hear from Ok Doser - is God responsible for all human sin, since he can stop it, and doesn't?

Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

your going to fast for art

a tricycle goes too fast for artie :chuckle:

The man is still at fault for a rape.....as is true with any scenario.

The woman can't claim she has no fault, however. Had she not posed in the nude, the man wouldn't have attacked her. Seems pretty simple to me.

pondered this overnight (in between the non-stop cbc coverage of the paris mess) - not sure why some think that holding a woman responsible for her behavior means diminishing a man's responsibility for his

I just don't get it :idunno:

ok doser

:think: I bet that's the excuse a thief would use after bashing someone's skull in to steal their diamond ring.

depends - was it a white woman, drunk and flashing her diamond ring in front of a gang of drug dealers in the ghetto saying "Look at this! Look at it! This ring is worth ten thousand dollars! And you'll never have it! Nyah nyah nyah!" right before she passed out?

If so, then I would not absolve the thief from his crime of assault and robbery.

But I wouldn't have any sympathy for the woman either.

in fact, I'd probably say she deserved it, or she brought it on herself, or she was asking for it, or she should have known better

and so would you

Some women can avoid being raped by being careful where they go and what they do. Some women will be found wherever they go and whatever they do. It's best to keep the risk factor as low as possible by exercising common sense. Don't walk down dark streets alone. Lock your doors. Don't strip at frat parties.

but that's not faaaiiirrrr!

women should be able to strip at frat parties - it's their right!

Are you saying being stupid is enough of a reason to keep any blame from being placed? "I couldn't help it, I was too stupid".

"I was too drunk"
"I was too stoned"
"I didn't know that dancing in my underwear at a party and passing out drunk was risky behavior"

aren't those all saying the same thing - "I was stupid"?

why should I have any sympathy for stupid people when the stupid things they do cause them to come to harm?

glassjester

depends - was it a white woman, drunk and flashing her diamond ring in front of a gang of drug dealers in the ghetto saying "Look at this! Look at it! This ring is worth ten thousand dollars! And you'll never have it! Nyah nyah nyah!" right before she passed out?

It should give you pause, that you have to invent ridiculous, fictional scenarios in order to support your equally ridiculous and fictional point.

why should I have any sympathy for stupid people when the stupid things they do cause them to come to harm?

Did they freely and knowingly choose to be stupid?
If not, then you should sympathize for them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
in fact, I'd probably say she deserved it, or she brought it on herself, or she was asking for it, or she should have known better

and so would you

Of course she would, she does it all the time, when she excuses the behavior of thugs like michael brown, or flippantly writes off black violence against whites "because they asked for it" .... only her use is worse, she thinks even though there is no direct link at all, the group as a whole asked for it, because of things way in the past outside of their control.

In these scenerios, there are direct links.

ok doser

It's not a case. It never was. It didn't happen.

it's a hypothetical

a white woman, drunk and flashing her diamond ring in front of a gang of drug dealers in the ghetto saying "Look at this! Look at it! This ring is worth ten thousand dollars! And you'll never have it! Nyah nyah nyah!" right before she passed out - does she bear any responsibility for the consequences of her behavior?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
it's a hypothetical

a white woman, drunk and flashing her diamond ring in front of a gang of drug dealers in the ghetto saying "Look at this! Look at it! This ring is worth ten thousand dollars! And you'll never have it! Nyah nyah nyah!" right before she passed out - does she bear any responsibility for the consequences of her behavior?

Was she pretty or ugly?

glassjester

Did the naked woman at the frat party full of a room of only drunk men, who lapped danced them (while naked) and allowed their hands on her too while doing so, choose to be stupid?

yep.

Is this hypothetical, or are you describing an actual situation that led to rape?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ok. You said before that this woman chose to be stupid.

Do you mean to imply that she knew she'd be raped?
Or (more likely) that she should have known, but didn't?

Neither, i mean to say outright, that she chose to be stupid and become a victim because of her stupidity.

I dont consider what happened in that scenario rape.

Her naked in his lap and letting him paw her, is implied consent imo.

Foxfire

Neither, i mean to say outright, that she chose to be stupid and become a victim because of her stupidity.

I dont consider what happened in that scenario rape.

Her naked in his lap and letting him paw her, is implied consent imo.

Consensual stupidity SHOULD be criminal IMHO, but it isn't a high volume factor in the majority of rape cases nationally.

Jurisprudence is not an exact science. It is a finite set of rules for an infinite set of variations and circumstances.

Despite the best of intentions, sometimes the innocent(sic) are swept up with the same broom as the guilty.

Raising the threshold of guilt in the case of rape allegations has no bearing on that except to create an environment even more conducive to abuse.

The court system has an obligation to make an effort to take into consideration any and all extenuating circumstance that may apply, and adjudicate the case accordingly.

If the conditions that you describe were not taken fully into account, the Judge should be stubble drug.

But the rapist should do 90 days just for stupidity.