glorydaz

and yet, he's interested enough to respond in his own thread

oh, he's interested in the subject matter, for sure

he's just too much of a coward to actually debate it

no, he'd rather take swipes at me and then lock his thread so i can't respond

why?

because of his fear in the face of difficulty

iow, his cowardice :idunno:

i keep hoping that someday he'll over come his fear and show some bravery :)

I guess you think what you have done to Town over the years is brave?

Wow.....ya gotta shake your head over these new definitions in this brave new world. :nono:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I've addressed the ridiculous claims made in the OP already. You live in your own little world on this issue....and it stinks.

There, consider it addressed.

i must have missed how you explained that cowering in fear while watching your classmates get slaughtered by a lunatic is not displaying a want of courage in the face of danger

could you do it again?

elohiym

They are being done at clinics within driving distance to you.

What are you doing to stop those abortions?

plenty, but that's not the point of this thread

Sure it is. You are trying to make the point that people who don't risk their lives to stop murder are cowards. Why aren't you a coward for not risking your life and freedom to stop an ongoing slaughter?

ok doser

You are trying to make the point that people who don't risk their lives to stop murder are cowards.

oh, i see where you're mistaken

i am making the point that the actions of those students in the classroom in Oregon who cowered in fear while watching a lunatic slaughter their classmates were displaying a want of courage in the face of danger

now, are you prepared to argue that they were displaying a surfeit of courage?

glorydaz

i must have missed how you explained that cowering in fear while watching your classmates get slaughtered by a lunatic is not displaying a want of courage in the face of danger

could you do it again?

Let me do this....

Your squad is pinned down by rebel fire, and several of your buddies have been shot already. You're seething with anger...not just cowering in fear. (Although fear is always present on any battle field, so your choice is a false one to begin with.) There is no "either" "or" there. You realize that you will be no use to your squad dead, and you're smart enough to see it would be stupidity to step out in the killing zone. You may even be wounded in your attempt to take out the enemy, and one of your buddies would have to risk his life to drag you back into safety...putting more people at risk by your "bravery" is not brave, it's stupid. You are also smart enough to realize that stepping out into the killing zone would give the enemy more dead bodies to gloat over.

Cowardice? Tell that to our military why don't you, when they are pinned down?

ok doser

Let me do this....

Your squad is pinned down by rebel fire, and several of your buddies have been shot already. You're seething with anger...not just cowering in fear. (Although fear is always present on any battle field, so your choice is a false one to begin with.)

not so - it's addressed in the definition of courage:

the ability to do something dangerous, or to face pain or opposition, without showing fear

fear is recognized as being present - courage is a matter of overcoming that fear and acting

There is no "either" "or" there. You realize that you will be no use to your squad dead, and you're smart enough to see it would be stupidity to step out in the killing zone. You may even be wounded in your attempt to take out the enemy, and one of your buddies would have to risk his life to drag you back into safety...putting more people at risk by your "bravery" is not brave, it's stupid. You are also smart enough to realize that stepping out into the killing zone would give the enemy more dead bodies to gloat over.

Cowardice? Tell that to our military why don't you, when they are pinned down?

good thing todd beamer didn't just think "oh well, nothing i can do"

good thing Chris Mintz didn't think "I'd better run away so others won't be put at risk if i get wounded"

glorydaz

not so - it's addressed in the definition of courage:

the ability to do something dangerous, or to face pain or opposition, without showing fear

fear is recognized as being present - courage is a matter of overcoming that fear and acting

good thing todd beamer didn't just think "oh well, nothing i can do"

good thing Chris Mintz didn't think "I'd better run away so others won't be put at risk if i get wounded"

That's right, you just tell all those guys who come back from the war that they weren't afraid. They'll know you've never been there. You were too busy sitting back and reading about courage in your trusty dictionary. :rotfl:

ok doser

That's right, you just tell all those guys who come back from the war that they weren't afraid. They'll know you've never been there. You were too busy sitting back and reading about courage in your trusty dictionary. :rotfl:

not talking about soldiers :idunno:

talking about the actions of those students in the classroom in Oregon who cowered in fear while watching a lunatic slaughter their classmates and how they displayed a want of courage in the face of danger

unless you can explain how cowering in fear while watching a lunatic slaughter your classmates is not displaying a want of courage in the face of danger

glorydaz

not talking about soldiers :idunno:

talking about the actions of those students in the classroom in Oregon who cowered in fear while watching a lunatic slaughter their classmates and how they displayed a want of courage in the face of danger

unless you can explain how cowering in fear while watching a lunatic slaughter your classmates is not displaying a want of courage in the face of danger

I can see you're being willfully ignorant to match your willful arrogance. And we are talking about soldiers....people fighting to survive in this concrete jungle while nuts like you take pot shots and other nuts mow them down with bullets. You're both menaces to society.

Rambo quarterbacking.....:down:

ok doser

... we are talking about soldiers....

you might be, but i'm not

i'm talking about the students locked in a classroom in oregon with a lunatic and their behavior while he slaughtered their classmates

their cowardly behavior

if you'd like to talk about that, fine, otherwise, start your own thread