On Cowards and Heroes

elohiym

elohiym said:
When you examine your actions in the face of the daily slaughter of unborn children by colleges in your profession, do you see yourself as a coward?
as defined by "one who displays ignoble fear or want of courage in the face of danger, pain, or difficulty"?

nope

The abortionists you work with are like the UCC gunman and the unborn children are like your classmates being murdered. What are you doing to stop the murder of unborn children by your colleagues?

elohiym

elohiym said:
Had I been at UCC that day in that classroom, I believe my thoughts would have been on living for my wife and eight children.
iow, you would have feared [realized the consequences of] losing your life and the [emotional and financially devastating] effect it would have had on your family

and you would have allowed that fear to rule [understanding govern your actions], while you watched your fellow classmates get slaughtered.

I fixed it for you. My additions are in brackets.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That's right. A person's courage in such a situation could get someone killed who otherwise might have lived.

coulda woulda shoulda :doh:

so you prefer cowering in fear to avoid the possibility that intervention might do what?

make the shooter more deadly? :kookoo:

while watching him slaughter your classmates?

at what point do you decide to intervene?

when you're the last one?

what might have happened on 9-11 if Todd Beamer had thought the way you do?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
coulda woulda shoulda :doh:

so you prefer cowering in fear to avoid the possibility that intervention might do what?

make the shooter more deadly? :kookoo:

while watching him slaughter your classmates?

at what point do you decide to intervene?

when you're the last one?

what might have happened on 9-11 if Todd Beamer had thought the way you do?

Yet you lack the courage to stand up to your coworkers and tell them what they are doing is wrong. Who really lacks courage, the person you runs to safety when threatened or the one who won't confront friends and coworkers to stop a moral wrong.

In my mind, you are the coward.

ok doser

You should examine your own cowardice a little more closely.

yes, you keep saying that as if it means something

currently I don't have a job, so i don't have co-workers

i'm in school

we don't do abortions here at school

now, what are you talking about?

ok doser

I think that you've asked about 5 times now. Take the hint - he's not interested.

and yet, he's interested enough to respond in his own thread

oh, he's interested in the subject matter, for sure

he's just too much of a coward to actually debate it

no, he'd rather take swipes at me and then lock his thread so i can't respond

why?

because of his fear in the face of difficulty

iow, his cowardice :idunno:

i keep hoping that someday he'll over come his fear and show some bravery :)

journey

and yet, he's interested enough to respond in his own thread

oh, he's interested in the subject matter, for sure

he's just too much of a coward to actually debate it

no, he'd rather take swipes at me and then lock his thread so i can't respond

why?

because of his fear in the face of difficulty

iow, his cowardice :idunno:

i keep hoping that someday he'll over come his fear and show some bravery :)

I've read Town's editorial about this thread and think it is excellent. I agree with it completely. In fact, I gave him pos reps for it. You've asked Town at least twice in HIS thread to come over here and argue. Town can do what he wishes, and you have no control over him. Your continued obsession with Town amounts to harassment and spam.

I view your OP and premise to be wrong, sick, twisted, and cowardly. You're close to winning a spot on my ignore list.

Arthur Brain

I've read Town's editorial about this thread and think it is excellent. I agree with it completely. In fact, I gave him pos reps for it. You've asked Town at least twice in HIS thread to come over here and argue. Town can do what he wishes, and you have no control over him. Your continued obsession with Town amounts to harassment and spam.

I view your OP and premise to be wrong, sick, twisted, and cowardly. You're close to winning a spot on my ignore list.

He's had an ongoing obsession with Town for years. He's been repeatedly banned for harassment on that score or for flaming out when he's been embarrassed by him (and others) in debate. The only reason he comes here is to troll and try to get rises out of people - as this thread and its pathetic premise amply demonstrates.

ok doser

He's had an ongoing obsession with Town for years. He's been repeatedly banned for harassment on that score or for flaming out when he's been embarrassed by him (and others) in debate. The only reason he comes here is to troll and try to get rises out of people - as this thread and its pathetic premise amply demonstrates.

perhaps you are up to the task of explaining why those who sat by in fear and watched their classmates being slaughtered by a lunatic were not displaying a want of courage in the face of danger

glorydaz

:first:

ok doser

They are being done at clinics within driving distance to you.

What are you doing to stop those abortions?

plenty, but that's not the point of this thread

start another if you want

this one's about why we shouldn't view the actions of those who sat by in fear while watching their classmates get slaughtered by a lunatic as displaying a want of courage in the face of danger