Old Covenant And New Covenant

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Don't you know that God has blinded you?

Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
(NKJ)
Shalom Squeaky.

I can tell you here that I do not know what you are talking about. Shalom.

Jacob

Jerry Shugart

Gal 3:17-18
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

This is neither the Old Covenant nor the New Covenant but instead is the Abrahamic Covenant.

This covenant preceded the Old Covenant so it cannot be the New Covenant.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This is neither the Old Covenant nor the New Covenant but instead is the Abrahamic Covenant.

This covenant preceded the Old Covenant so it cannot be the New Covenant.

I said
Could you possibly be wrong. Because in strongs dictionary the definition of that covenant in that verse is testament.

Heb 8:10
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Choose rather His yoke it is light and includes rest...a Sabbath keeping rest...

dont attempt to be justified by Law...keep the Law because you are justified in Him...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Choose rather His yoke it is light and includes rest...a Sabbath keeping rest...

dont attempt to be justified by Law...keep the Law because you are justified in Him...

I said
You just spoke blasphemy against these verses.

(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
All your idle words are condemning you. And you have fallen from grace.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
All your idle words are condemning you. And you have fallen from grace.

34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

The Day of judgement will use the Law to determine who wears His yoke...those who know they were bought at a price to do as He wills not whatever whenever...

Are you wearing His yoke? Doing as He did? JUST AS? And asked you to do?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Day of judgement will use the Law to determine who wears His yoke...those who know they were bought at a price to do as He wills not whatever whenever...

Are you wearing His yoke? Doing as He did? JUST AS? And asked you to do?

I said
I know I am. Your the one with the loose lips.

(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I know I am. Your the one with the loose lips.

(NKJ)

You know you are wearing His yoke? By their fruits all will know...and you are not arguing that we do AS He did which was His yoke as He did His Father's will...

How else do others know we love with His Love and not of our own...even pagans love each other...but not as He loved...His love includes a seventh day of rest...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You know you are wearing His yoke? By their fruits all will know...and you are not arguing that we do AS He did which was His yoke as He did His Father's will...

How else do others know we love with His Love and not of our own...even pagans love each other...but not as He loved...His love includes a seventh day of rest...

I said
I know I'm wearing Jesus' yoke. And Jesus said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. I have done that. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.
You don't seem to even know the Holy Spirit so you cant learn from Him. Because all that you say is arguing with the Holy Spirit. Because all the verses I quote are from the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit refutes everything you say.

Matt 11:29-30
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

You worship in the flesh. And I worship in the Spirit.

Rom 8:6-8
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

And Jesus said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. I have done that. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

Perhaps you can learn more about the New Covenant promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah? Here is a prophecy which describes what will happen when the New Covenant is in effect:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

First, we can understand that those who will belong to the houses of Israel and Judah will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That is because their "fathers" were the ones who broke the Lord's covenant and those people were the physical descendants of Jacob. Therefore, since their "fathers" are the physical descendants of Jacob then that must mean that that they will also be the physical descendants of Jacob.

Next, we can understand that all of the physical descendants of Jacob which will belong to both houses will know the Lord, "from the least of them unto the greatest of them," and they will all have their sins forgiven.

There has never been a time when all of the physical descendants of Jacob belonging to the house of Israel and the house of Jacob have had their sins forgiven. Therefore, the New Covenant promised to those two houses is not now in effect.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you can learn more about the New Covenant promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah? Here is a prophecy which describes what will happen when the New Covenant is in effect:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

First, we can understand that those who will belong to the houses of Israel and Judah will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That is because their "fathers" were the ones who broke the Lord's covenant and those people were the physical descendants of Jacob. Therefore, since their "fathers" are the physical descendants of Jacob then that must mean that that they will also be the physical descendants of Jacob.

Next, we can understand that all of the physical descendants of Jacob which will belong to both houses will know the Lord, "from the least of them unto the greatest of them," and they will all have their sins forgiven.

There has never been a time when all of the physical descendants of Jacob belonging to the house of Israel and the house of Jacob have had their sins forgiven. Therefore, the New Covenant promised to those two houses is not now in effect.

I said
That has been fulfilled in Jesus. Now that was written before Christ came. And Christ was sent to the house of Israel. But because they rejected it. Christ offered the same thing to the Gentiles.

Heb 8:6-13
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

That has been fulfilled in Jesus. Now that was written before Christ came. And Christ was sent to the house of Israel. But because they rejected it. Christ offered the same thing to the Gentiles.

You did not even attempt to address the points which I made about the New Covenant not yet being fulfilled. From what you say I can only think that you think that the prophecy found at Jeremiah 31:31-34 will never be fulfilled.

However, the Apostle Paul certainly did and he placed its fulfillment in the future:

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:25-27).​

According to Paul all of Israel will not be saved until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in and the Deliverer (the Lord Jesus) returns to earth.

Neither of those things has yet happened so the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34 remains in the future.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You did not even attempt to address the points which I made about the New Covenant not yet being fulfilled. From what you say I can only think that you think that the prophecy found at Jeremiah 31:31-34 will never be fulfilled.

However, the Apostle Paul certainly did and he placed its fulfillment in the future:

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:25-27).​

According to Paul all of Israel will not be saved until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in and the Deliverer (the Lord Jesus) returns to earth.

Neither of those things has yet happened so the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34 remains in the future.

I said
But I did address it. Your thinking that it hasn't been fulfilled yet, and it has. You think Jesus hasn't returned. And He has in a manner of speaking, to those who are receiving the revelations of Jesus Christ.

John 14:23
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
(NKJ)

Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Rom 16:25
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
(NKJ)

Interplanner

JS wrote:

Almost none of this is what Rom 11 is saying...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
JS wrote:

Almost none of this is what Rom 11 is saying...

I said

Rom 11:4-5
4 But what does the divine response say to him? "I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal."
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
(NKJ)

Interplanner

The new covenant cannot be in the future because of Jesus, 2 Cor 3-5, Hebrews and the fact that it does not need a land to be fulfilled in, it is not limited to one land.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The new covenant cannot be in the future because of Jesus, 2 Cor 3-5, Hebrews and the fact that it does not need a land to be fulfilled in, it is not limited to one land.

I said
The new covenant is the new testament.

Heb 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.