ECT Oikonomia (dispensation/stewardship) of Grace

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God has no covenant with Jew or Gentile during this dispensation of grace, only the Cross.

There is no such time period called "the dispensation of grace".

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile in the New Covenant.

We live in the New Covenant, not a time period called "the dispensation of grace".

You guys think "the dispensation of grace" is a secret parenthetical time period inserted into history while God takes a bread from the Jews.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

musterion

There is no such time period called "the dispensation of grace".

Straw man. Addressed in my very first post in this thread. Shut up, liar.

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile in the New Covenant.
Wrong. God specified the houses of Israel and Judah alone as the parties to His new covenant. There will be no blessings for Gentiles under that covenant which do not flow through repentant, restored Israel (yeah, you could not hate that idea more than you do, I know). For now, Jew and Gentile alike are under grace, and grace posits alienation and a standing offense. Under grace, there is no distinction between the two; Jew and Gentile are equally lost. Neither has precedence over the other with God. So there's no covenant arrangement for ANYONE to appeal to today.

We live in the New Covenant, not a time period called "the dispensation of grace".
Again with the "time" canard. Shut up, liar.

You guys think "the dispensation of grace" is a secret parenthetical time period inserted into history while God takes a bread from the Jews.
You're a lying leftist punk who speaks of his father, the Devil.

musterion

For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord: I will put My laws into their mind and on their heart also will I write them. I will be to them a God and they shall be to Me a people. They shall not teach every man his fellow-citizen, and every man his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their iniquities and their sins will I remember no more.
This is a glorious guarantee, but it hasn't happened yet.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Straw man. Addressed in my very first post in this thread. Shut up, liar.

Wrong. God specified the houses of Israel and Judah alone as the parties to His new covenant. There will be no blessings for Gentiles under that covenant which do not flow through repentant, restored Israel (yeah, you could not hate that idea more than you do, I know). For now, Jew and Gentile alike are under grace, and grace posits alienation and a standing offense. Under grace, there is no distinction between the two; Jew and Gentile are equally lost. Neither has precedence over the other with God. So there's no covenant arrangement for ANYONE to appeal to today.

Again with the "time" canard. Shut up, liar.

You're a lying leftist punk who speaks of his father, the Devil.

All true believers are in the new covenant inaugurated by Jesus blood.

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
Act 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

All men of faith are included in the House of Israel and Christ has healed the division of the two Houses through the cross.

So that there is only one House of God now and forever since the cross and the pouring out of the Spirit on whosever believed regardless of past separations as shown throughout the book of Acts is testament to this fact.

Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is there the subtle shift from Oikonomia being a responsibility or a stewardship to being a time period in redemptive history?

There isn't. Nice strawman.

Paul was given a dispensation of grace for us. It is also appropriate to call it an administration of grace, since he is the administrator. He magnifies his office.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I can never understand folks who believe in the covenants but reject the dispensations of those various covenants...that is basically what dispensationalism is about....hyper dispy or MAD simply defines Paul's ministry as a different dispensation from the gospel of the kingdom....I think it's the same but that it's application to the Gentiles is different than it's application to the Jews.

To Paul was given the insight and wisdom to explain this.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can never understand folks who believe in the covenants but reject the dispensations of those various covenants...that is basically what dispensationalism is about....hyper dispy or MAD simply defines Paul's ministry as a different dispensation from the gospel of the kingdom....I think it's the same but that it's application to the Gentiles is different than it's application to the Jews.

To Paul was given the insight and wisdom to explain this.

Dispensationalism teaches a return to the law by the Jews and gives them the rulership of the nations during the millennium.

Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

LA

themuzicman

still laying out Oikonomia (dispensation/stewardship)

An "Oikonomia" has TWO parties within what can be defined as a verticle relationship
executive and subordinate

Key word: CAN. It doesn't necessarily carry that meaning in every context. This is the source of your error. You've assumed that the meaning when Jesus said it must be the same as when Paul uses it.

Until you can resolve this error, you're not going to have a point.

DAN P

Key word: CAN. It doesn't necessarily carry that meaning in every context. This is the source of your error. You've assumed that the meaning when Jesus said it must be the same as when Paul uses it.

Until you can resolve this error, you're not going to have a point.

Hi and OIKOMINIA / DISPENSATION is a Greek compound word .

OIKOS means House !!

NOMOS means LAW !!

So , OIKOMONIA means House Law or House RULE !!

So tell me what House LAW , then means ??

dan p

themuzicman

Hi and OIKOMINIA / DISPENSATION is a Greek compound word .

OIKOS means House !!

NOMOS means LAW !!

So , OIKOMONIA means House Law or House RULE !!

So tell me what House LAW , then means ??

dan p

You're committing a word fallacy. A compound word may or may not reflect the meaning of the original components. The term "laptop" is a compound word, but its meaning is not derived from the components of the original words. In this case, it does not refer to the skin and any clothing that may cover the top half of your legs when seated.

Again, meaning comes from context and usage.

Which brings us back to the original point. You cannot simply say that Jesus uses X word in a particular way in one context, and thus that meaning must transfer to all uses of the word. That's a fallacy, too.

This is why we have Lexicons and why we must do proper exegesis, something you have not done because of this fallacy.

musterion

House management is also an acceptable meaning of the word.

God has one manager working for Him at a time.

Moses was God's old appointed manager, as His chosen dispenser of Law.

Paul, His chosen dispenser of the Gospel of grace and of Christ according to the revealing of the secret, is still the manager because we're still in the dispensation of grace.

To seek to follow any aspect of the Law as a means of salvation or as a rule of life is to follow the old manager. It denies God's grace, telling Him you know better than He does how to manage your affairs.