Oh look, more dinosaur tissues

alwight

There's piles of evidence about Genesis and it is not mindless as we know it. If you want to chew on just one example, take the Naszca collection of dinosaur rock-carved images, about 11K of them, I think. They show humans fighting some dinos and humans riding others. The humans are giant by comparison today. The sketches are so accurate and clear in detail about the dinos that they could be used in modern textbooks. If the beasts were gone 65K ago, how could the Naszca do these drawings which are dated to be just a few thousand ago because of the type and dating of patination that occurred when they were carved (performed by the U of Bonn)? It is also my recollection when I last studied this, that the fossils are not there in the Naszca area because of how abruptly it uplifted in the Genesis deluge with all its tectonic and vulcanistic and hydrological action. Ie, they weren't 'fossil-based' reconstructions. They were eye-witness drawings. As for scale in the drawings, the humans are giantized, which is also true to Genesis' account.
The Piltdown Man was a hoax too. :sherlock:

Mountain men in early modern America found tissue they described as 'overdone jerky' on the huge bones they found. Do things like that last 65M?
That's all a bit too anecdotal for me, would you care to put some flesh on the bones, so to speak? ;)

Interplanner

The Piltdown Man was a hoax too. :sherlock:

That's all a bit too anecdotal for me, would you care to put some flesh on the bones, so to speak? ;)

Good grief, do you actually know nothing about Naszca, Peru? Everything uniformitarianism wants to say is exploded. That's why you don't know about it. Then there's the craftmanship in granite. Things we moderns can't figure out like the pyramids. Precision cut granite too big for Caterpillar to design equipment for, interlocked to be earthquake proof, which it has been for some 5000 years, with poured metal staples that are also found only in SE Asia (see some of the deluge scientist accounts on land migration etc), transported over 100 miles to be perfectly fitted at Naszca. Velikovsky has a point, Von Danikan has a point, and now a former Economist writer has taken on the blindness of modern science for ignoring this stuff in FINGERPRINTS OF THE GODS. The reason uniformitarians hate Naszca (uniformitarianism was birthed in selective hate by Lyell) is because a Jesuit spilled all the beans in 1570 so it's been out there a long time. Even access to the patinized dino carvings became scandalous for decades; they are now in the hands of the navy and air force and were badly treated by all accounts.

In theology, the Naszca knew 1, they should not make images of the Creator; 2, the Creator destroyed the evil brainless giants with a flood and lifted their land way up in elevation after that deluge by fast-moving changes of the whole earth; 3, the Creator said he would not flood again, but that his own son would come and take the wrath of God; 4, they were visited by 'Tomas' who had writings about that Son, and a bread and wine ritual; with the interesting detail that the name for the deity was VeriCocha. VeriCocha translates as 'he who walks on the waves.' The reason this name came into use was while they knew they should make no images (and all the idolatry images are regarded as violations of it), they believed he (the god, not Tomas) was last seen walking west across the Pacific after the deluge.

As for detail, I think the Nordic flood accounts come in at 2nd in detail quality (I mean outside of Genesis). They have items such as the destruction of giants and of a major whirlpool big enough to swallow large areas of land and of the resurfacing of such land elsewhere.

When I'm done with a bit of research on such stuff, my question is why do uniformitarians have trouble with Genesis when Hancock, Von D, and Velikovsky speak of a world about 10x more bizarre than Genesis? I'd say Genesis has been 'tamed' or 'homogenized.'

As for the frontier accounts, you'll find some in Michener's CENTENNIAL novel, where he also mentions the aggressive search by English elites for dino facts to bomb Christianity with. That's why they don't want you to know about the fresh tissue. So, tissue 65M years in the midwest desert and sun? Tissue? Forget it. Nonsense. Not even 1M. Not even 10K usually.

There is a professor who was at Whittier College in CA who has been banned for his research on such tissue at a Montana lake site. He has great doc material up on youtube about that. The site was Hell Creek, which is where Schweitzer was:
Also: http://creation.com/dinosaur-soft-tissue

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There's piles of evidence about Genesis and it is not mindless as we know it. If you want to chew on just one example, take the Naszca collection of dinosaur rock-carved images, about 11K of them, I think. They show humans fighting some dinos and humans riding others.

Foxfire

Photographic evidence of dinosaur tissue.

Spoiler
iu

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The evidence for this is that the blood vessel material was closely related to chicken protein.

Why would chickens be related to dinosaurs? Do you believe that chickens descended from dinosaurs as your source concluded?

Dinosaurs taste just like chicken!

alwight

Good grief, do you actually know nothing about Naszca, Peru?
Please don't deliberately misrepresent me here.:AMR:
This wasn't about all that Erich von Däniken nonsense or his alien astronauts, a dodgy character himself btw, it was about stones that local farmers found that they could make money by producing fakes for the gullible.

Everything uniformitarianism wants to say is exploded. That's why you don't know about it. Then there's the craftmanship in granite. Things we moderns can't figure out like the pyramids. Precision cut granite too big for Caterpillar to design equipment for, interlocked to be earthquake proof, which it has been for some 5000 years, with poured metal staples that are also found only in SE Asia (see some of the deluge scientist accounts on land migration etc), transported over 100 miles to be perfectly fitted at Naszca. Velikovsky has a point, Von Danikan has a point, and now a former Economist writer has taken on the blindness of modern science for ignoring this stuff in FINGERPRINTS OF THE GODS. The reason uniformitarians hate Naszca (uniformitarianism was birthed in selective hate by Lyell) is because a Jesuit spilled all the beans in 1570 so it's been out there a long time. Even access to the patinized dino carvings became scandalous for decades; they are now in the hands of the navy and air force and were badly treated by all accounts.

In theology, the Naszca knew 1, they should not make images of the Creator; 2, the Creator destroyed the evil brainless giants with a flood and lifted their land way up in elevation after that deluge by fast-moving changes of the whole earth; 3, the Creator said he would not flood again, but that his own son would come and take the wrath of God; 4, they were visited by 'Tomas' who had writings about that Son, and a bread and wine ritual; with the interesting detail that the name for the deity was VeriCocha. VeriCocha translates as 'he who walks on the waves.' The reason this name came into use was while they knew they should make no images (and all the idolatry images are regarded as violations of it), they believed he (the god, not Tomas) was last seen walking west across the Pacific after the deluge.

As for detail, I think the Nordic flood accounts come in at 2nd in detail quality (I mean outside of Genesis). They have items such as the destruction of giants and of a major whirlpool big enough to swallow large areas of land and of the resurfacing of such land elsewhere.

When I'm done with a bit of research on such stuff, my question is why do uniformitarians have trouble with Genesis when Hancock, Von D, and Velikovsky speak of a world about 10x more bizarre than Genesis? I'd say Genesis has been 'tamed' or 'homogenized.'

As for the frontier accounts, you'll find some in Michener's CENTENNIAL novel, where he also mentions the aggressive search by English elites for dino facts to bomb Christianity with. That's why they don't want you to know about the fresh tissue. So, tissue 65M years in the midwest desert and sun? Tissue? Forget it. Nonsense. Not even 1M. Not even 10K usually.

There is a professor who was at Whittier College in CA who has been banned for his research on such tissue at a Montana lake site. He has great doc material up on youtube about that. The site was Hell Creek, which is where Schweitzer was:
Also: http://creation.com/dinosaur-soft-tissue
Mary Schweitzer and her team is where YECs should be arguing their case. Here creationists on your link blithely dismiss genuine scientific conclusions that these structures were preserved by the iron in the blood.
BTW the "soft" tissue wasn't actually soft until Schweitzer hydrated it.
If their conclusions are that iron preserved the blood vessel structure then I'm fine with that, I respect them and their science, but I'm really not interested in silly YEC creationist spin.
Here is a version without all the YEC drivel:
http://www.livescience.com/41537-t-rex-soft-tissue.html

musterion

Yeah, I've got the same problem.

What is 80 million years, anyway?
Does anybody really know?

The whole 'appearance of age' canard is what bugs me. How does anyone know what "millions/billions of years old" is supposed to look like just from looking at a rock, unless he's already decided it's gotta be that old?

gcthomas

The whole 'appearance of age' canard is what bugs me. How does anyone know what "millions/billions of years old" is supposed to look like just from looking at a rock, unless he's already decided it's gotta be that old?

'Appearance of age' doesn't mean 'just looking at a rock'. How did you get that idea? It means the results of a whole suite of scientific techniques based on a wide variety of principles all give ancient ages for rocks.

'Just looking at a rock' :chuckle:

6days

gcthomas said:
Appearance of age' doesn't mean 'just looking at a rock'. How did you get that idea?

Musterion is correct.

Stellar evolutionists think distance means age.

Biological evolutionists think sophisticated design is evidence of age.*

Geological evolutionists think decay rate of isotopes is evidence of age.

As Christians we believe that "in the beginning God created.

iouae

I would imagine that many things, once they are dehydrated and stored in a non-oxidising environment, stay the same forever. Age ceases to matter.
That is sort of the "Doomsday Prepper" attitude to storing food.
And some foods store better than others.
Dehydrated and vacuum sealed, they last indefinitely.

I believe that blood could be as old as science says it is.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
'Appearance of age' doesn't mean 'just looking at a rock'. How did you get that idea? It means the results of a whole suite of scientific techniques based on a wide variety of principles all give ancient ages for rocks.

'Just looking at a rock' :chuckle:

Early on, the different ages were made up and assigned to the 'geologic column'.

From that point on, the age of rocks and fossils have been determined by that fabricated dating system.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Right!!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Musterion is correct.

Stellar evolutionists think distance means age.

Biological evolutionists think sophisticated design is evidence of age.*

Geological evolutionists think decay rate of isotopes is evidence of age.

As Christians we believe that "in the beginning God created.

Rat on, rat on!!

:thumb:

6days

alwight said:
Mary Schweitzer and her team is where YECs should be arguing their case. Here creationists on your link blithely dismiss genuine scientific conclusions that these structures were preserved by the iron in the blood.*

It wasn't really very scientific. She did a 2 year experiment in a lab using pure haemoglobin to preserve tissue. I believe her words inplied that even after just 2 years there was deteriation.

To say that iron could preserve tissue 65+ million years in non lab conditions...not in pure haemoglobin...not in a peatree dish is evolutionism....scientism.

Schweitzer starts with the conclusion and trys to make the evidence fit.*

alwight said:
If their conclusions are that iron preserved the blood vessel structure then I'm fine with that

Evolutionism is more concerned with preserving their belief system than it is the most logical explanation for the preservation of dinosaur soft tissue.*

As Schweitzer first said...'it can't be' (soft stretchy pliable)