Oh look, more dinosaur tissues

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Members of the Paleochronology group presented their findings at the 2012 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting in Singapore, August 13-17, a conference of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) and the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)
http://newgeology.us/presentation48.html

The Paleochronology Group's findings were presented to the American Geophysical Union--who summarily rejected that Group's findings. You neglected to mention that part for some strange reason.

The Paleochronology Group is headed up by one Hugh Miller. Who is he? Click here to find out:

https://youtu.be/QbvMB57evy4?t=6m9s

Looks like the American Geophysical Union was right to reject Miller's "findings."

gcthomas

So 6Days, it has been shown that the decay rates have not changed over time, and that it can be determined what the starting ratios were.

Any further special pleading you'd like demolished for you? Always pleased to help. ;)

6days

The Paleochronology Group's findings were presented to the American Geophysical Union, who summarily rejected that Group's findings.
Of course they rejected it. It totally contradicts their belief system. It isn't easy to acknowledge that everything you learned in 20 years of education and everything that you have believed your whole life is wrong. God tells us that He created all the animals on the sixth day of creation and that is consistent with the evidence. If you believe otherwise you have a distorted gospel. If deathis not a result of sin, then Christ did not need to physically die to defeat death.

alwight

Of course they rejected it. It totally contradicts their belief system. It isn't easy to acknowledge that everything you learned in 20 years of education and everything that you have believed your whole life is wrong. God tells us that He created all the animals on the sixth day of creation and that is consistent with the evidence. If you believe otherwise you have a distorted gospel. If deathis not a result of sin, then Christ did not need to physically die to defeat death.
Come on 6days, the belief system, if you must, is to reject anything presented that has not complied with rigorous scientific standards that avoid contamination and misleading results. Results in this case were designed to match what Miller wanted them to be, not what was actually true.
You really should try to face the facts occasionally, not invent silly notions about belief systems which play no role in science.
Unlike creationists science doesn't begin with a pre-conclusion, it makes its conclusions from the evidence not a convenient contamination.

Greg Jennings

Yeah, thats why the first reaction from evilutionists to news of T-rex tissue a few rears ago is that it was a hoax or, at best, some kind of fungus or algae that had contaminated the find. Some fairly recently here on tol insisted the same.

Yes. Those "reactions" are called hypotheses. That's one of the first steps of the scientific method. Then the scientists go and test their hypotheses. When they did with the Dino tissue, they discovered a whole new mechanism for tissue preservation that was unique to iron-saturated dinosaur blood.

You see, science, unlike religion, isn't afraid to admit error. It is simply part of the process. And because people in science can honestly admit when they are wrong and look for new answers, it has credibility

Jose Fly

Here's why those claims don't pan out
Http://kgov.com/dinosaur-soft-tissue

Years ago a creationist cited that website to me. I went through one of their pages on human evolution and documented numerous errors and misrepresentations. The creationist couldn't respond, except to challenge me to email my post to the kgov.com site. So I did.

You know what their response was? "The Bible is either the word of God or it isn't", and that was it. :chuckle:

Greg Jennings

Years ago a creationist cited that website to me. I went through one of their pages on human evolution and documented numerous errors and misrepresentations. The creationist couldn't respond, except to challenge me to email my post to the kgov.com site. So I did.

You know what their response was? "The Bible is either the word of God or it isn't", and that was it. :chuckle:

Man I wish I could nominate this for post of the day. Or maybe year