ECT Obsolete, aging and soon disappearing: why MAD is pointless

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, but you also liked all of the cast members of "The Love Boat," taking off on "Doc," with your "smooth" moves. You beat everything, Mayor....

Yes, I may take off on Doc, getting myself some of those thick coke bottle glasses and short white shorts.
That's the time!

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, I may take off on Doc, getting myself some of those thick coke bottle glasses and short white shorts.
That's the time!
I bet you take off on "Siegfried," of "Get Smart," Mayor. Ya know...."Schtottle.....We do not .....here!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Find something in it that does not apply to non Jews, going forward. It was written to those who had been Hebrews, but not to them only going forward. Not one chapter is limited to them about things that are now true in the Gospel.

Are we really going to have people who think that way here?

What are YOU gonna do about it Newbie?

Interplanner

Just assert that there is no disclaimer on the first page of Hebrews that says it is not for non-Jews to read. Have you ever noticed that it is 'blind' to race?

Danoh

The dividing is truth from error not peoples.

Now you SOUND LIKE a Universalist - obviously "the resurrection" those two in 2 Timothy were erroneously asserting was "past already" does NOT apply to the lost.

"The dividing of" DOES include "the dividing of...peoples" as well.

Here is a "dividing" not only "of" time, but obviously, of beings...

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

I find it striking that even devils know what you expert amatuers continue in the dark about.

Oh, time passages...

Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight...

ClimateSanity

Now you SOUND LIKE a Universalist - obviously "the resurrection" those two in 2 Timothy were erroneously asserting was "past already" does NOT apply to the lost.

Matthew 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

I find it striking that even devils know what you expert amatuers continue in the dark about.

Oh, time passages...

The fishing boats go out across the evening water
Smuggling guns and arms across the Spanish border

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Define lost.

A funny thing how you cut up my post and didn't address the fact that Timothy was a Grecian Hebrew.

Here's an interesting read.....

http://www.teachingtheword.org/apps/articles/?articleid=61936&columnid=5772

The word that is translated "rightly dividing" in the Old and New King James versions, and in several others, is a single word in the Greek. It is a form of the Greek verb orthotomeo. This is a very interesting word.

In New Testament times, orthotomeo was primarily a civil engineering term. It was used, for example, as a road building term. The idea of the word was to cut straight, or to guide on a straight path. The idea is to cut a roadway in a straight manner, so that people who will travel over that road can arrive at their destination directly, without deviation. Orthotomeo was also used as a mining term. It meant to drill a straight mine shaft so that the miners can get quickly and safely to the "mother lode."

There is another word in Greek, katatomeo, which means "to cut into sections." But that is not the word that the Apostle Paul, under divine inspiration, uses here in 2nd Timothy 2:15. Paul is not talking about "rightly dividing" in terms of dissecting the Word of God, or cutting it into sections based on Jew and Gentile, or Israel and Church, or any other criterion. It's interesting that the Apostle Paul does use that other word - katatomeo, cutting up - in Philippians 3:2, where he says, literally, "beware of those who would divide you up" - in other words, beware of those who would try to make a difference among believers between Jews and Gentiles.

So what is the proper meaning of orthotomeo - "rightly dividing" the Word of truth? What is intended is not the dividing of Scripture, not cutting it up, but teaching Scripture accurately, as a single, unified whole, without being turned aside by false teaching or man-made agendas.

This is totally irrelevant to my post.

Oh, time passages...

I suggest you buy some eye salve, but hey what do we amateurs know? ;)

Interplanner

Danoh,
You claimed in a thread to have 'just stated' what the necessary summary of MAD is in relation to Acts 13. I looked back two pages and found nothing. What are you about--besides ending every post with the mocking icon?

Danoh

Define lost.

A funny thing how you cut up my post and didn't address the fact that Timothy was a Grecian Hebrew.

Here's an interesting read.....

http://www.teachingtheword.org/apps/articles/?articleid=61936&columnid=5772

The word that is translated "rightly dividing" in the Old and New King James versions, and in several others, is a single word in the Greek. It is a form of the Greek verb orthotomeo. This is a very interesting word.

In New Testament times, orthotomeo was primarily a civil engineering term. It was used, for example, as a road building term. The idea of the word was to cut straight, or to guide on a straight path. The idea is to cut a roadway in a straight manner, so that people who will travel over that road can arrive at their destination directly, without deviation. Orthotomeo was also used as a mining term. It meant to drill a straight mine shaft so that the miners can get quickly and safely to the "mother lode."

There is another word in Greek, katatomeo, which means "to cut into sections." But that is not the word that the Apostle Paul, under divine inspiration, uses here in 2nd Timothy 2:15. Paul is not talking about "rightly dividing" in terms of dissecting the Word of God, or cutting it into sections based on Jew and Gentile, or Israel and Church, or any other criterion. It's interesting that the Apostle Paul does use that other word - katatomeo, cutting up - in Philippians 3:2, where he says, literally, "beware of those who would divide you up" - in other words, beware of those who would try to make a difference among believers between Jews and Gentiles.

So what is the proper meaning of orthotomeo - "rightly dividing" the Word of truth? What is intended is not the dividing of Scripture, not cutting it up, but teaching Scripture accurately, as a single, unified whole, without being turned aside by false teaching or man-made agendas.

This is totally irrelevant to my post.

I suggest you buy some eye salve, but hey what do we amateurs know? ;)

:rotfl:

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows one cannot cut a straight path without dividing off, from, what is not a straight path.

But since you are so dense; try the followinng. Get up on your feet and trying walking a straightline; one foot exactly in front of the other.

Perhaps then; as you find yourself attempting to avoid losing your balance either to your left side or to your right - see if that does allow you to note that on EACH side of your straight line their is a THING THAT DIFFERS - a LEFT on one side; a RIGHT on the other that straight line DIVIDES FROM.

I mean this is how dense some of you would be experts against Dispensationalism are; that you need that OVER simplified an example of the obvious :chuckle:

Define lost?

The OTHER side of a DIVIDING line BETWEEN the DISTINCTION: lost AND the DISTINCTION: saved.

You and yours have no business attempting to correct me and mine - you can't even discern A DISTINCTION BETWEEN THINGS as simple as the simple FACT that a straight line IS - BY ITS' VERY NATURE - COMPRISED of TWO sides AND a MIDDLE.

It is a TRIPARTITE (THREE part) phenomena.

:doh:

Danoh

Danoh,
You claimed in a thread to have 'just stated' what the necessary summary of MAD is in relation to Acts 13. I looked back two pages and found nothing. What are you about--besides ending every post with the mocking icon?

Look at that; my very own personal stalker, lol

And what was it GM asked you about your attempting to boss others around "Newbie" :chuckle:

Lol, you sure waste a lot of time seeking attention from those you say you could care less about hearing out.

This is fun - I was referring to another thread where we both dealt with that on o clueless one.

But this is your problem now; not mine. You track it down.

Though I doubt it would do you any good to have to read through various posts to get to the subject of this obsession of yours.

Oh, almost forgot :chuckle:

Interplanner

Look at that; my very own personal stalker, lol

And what was it GM asked you about your attempting to boss others around "Newbie" :chuckle:

Lol, you sure waste a lot of time seeking attention from those you say you could care less about hearing out.

This is fun - I was referring to another thread where we both dealt with that on o clueless one.

But this is your problem now; not mine. You track it down.

Though I doubt it would do you any good to have to read through various posts to get to the subject of this obsession of yours.

Oh, almost forgot :chuckle:

You're more disgusting than ever. What is it about MAD that has captured you so much that you refuse to teach about it? The question was 'what alternative meaning there is to acts 13's sermon punchline?' which you said you had just given. It's so very important to you, but you don't want to express it. Got it. It's so important to demean and tease. It's so important to complicate the Gospel beyond anyone's interest. That's you.

"Communication is what the hearer recieves, not what the speaker says."

You will answer to Christ for wasting God's time on a needless mission; God gave you time--it is not yours to mess around with. After work today, I began a relationship with maybe about the 500th millenial who I hope to have greet me at the gate, or however that works when things are timeless and eternal.

Danoh

You're more disgusting than ever. What is it about MAD that has captured you so much that you refuse to teach about it? The question was 'what alternative meaning there is to acts 13's sermon punchline?' which you said you had just given. It's so very important to you, but you don't want to express it. Got it. It's so important to demean and tease. It's so important to complicate the Gospel beyond anyone's interest. That's you.

"Communication is what the hearer recieves, not what the speaker says."

You will answer to Christ for wasting God's time on a needless mission; God gave you time--it is not yours to mess around with. After work today, I began a relationship with maybe about the 500th millenial who I hope to have greet me at the gate, or however that works when things are timeless and eternal.

Keeping short accounts now, are we - are you sure you have eternal security, hmmmm...