NYT Blasted for Printing 'Silly Article' Claiming God's Decline Based on Google ..

PureX

Do you think that google search results indicate social thought overall?
Probably not. I'm sure it could illuminate some trends in some areas of thought or opinion, in some places, but in general, and regarding the question of "God", I doubt it.
Do you think that those looking for or wondering about God is on decline in the world?
No, I don't. That would indicate a fundamental change in human nature, and I doubt that's occurring in this instance.

However, I do suspect that there is a lessening of interest in the idea of God as a supernatural excuse for physical effects that we experience but don't otherwise understand, simply because with the aid of science, we now understand many of the physical effects that we encounter in our lives.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why do i care what john lennon thought? He considered himself more popular than God. I hope he changed his mind about God before he was gunned down, for his own sake.
John Lennon did not think he was more popular than God. That's fundamentalist, evangelical spin.

But the truth rarely matters anymore anyway.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
dead guy?

made a lot of money off dopey kids and thought he was brilliant?

that guy?

i wonder how that's working out for him?

:think: so the pope is perishing?
He was brilliant. And tormented. And sometimes silly.

I have not yet gained the magic to be able to say what happens to people--if anything--after they die. So your last question is actually a childish one.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
John Lennon did not think he was more popular than God. That's fundamentalist, evangelical spin.

But the truth rarely matters anymore anyway.

You lie.

More popular than Jesus" (or "Bigger than Jesus")[a] was a controversial remark made by the Beatles' John Lennon in 1966. Lennon said that Christianity was in decline and that the Beatles had become more popular than Jesus Christ. The comment drew no controversy when originally published in the United Kingdom, but angry reactions flared up in Christian communities when it was republished in the United States five months later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_popular_than_Jesus