NSA collecting phone data on millions of people

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
They use computer programs to search the data for key words and phrases that might help them find terrorist activity. No human is reading your email or listening to your phone conversations unless you are using a lot of terminology that terrorists use.

:p That's "Echelon" you goof. That's been going on since the 60's and has just been expanding with technology. That's not what this is.

This is just another excuse to whine about Obama, when Bush was just as involved in setting up and maintaining this sort of surveillance and you all were all for it, then.

bush-did-it.jpg

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They use computer programs to search the data for key words and phrases that might help them find terrorist activity. No human is reading your email or listening to your phone conversations unless you are using a lot of terminology that terrorists use.

This is just another excuse to whine about Obama, when Bush was just as involved in setting up and maintaining this sort of surveillance and you all were all for it, then.

How can they monitor a phone conversation for certain words unless they are listening for them?

How can they pick up certain works in emails unless they are looking at them?

Do computers work on their own without outside interference? :freak:

99lamb

if it is so necessary to data mine, for the protection and security of America and American citizens, then what happened in Boston?

images

ohh, never mind.

WizardofOz

so impeach Bush

oh wait, that's right

bush isn't president anymore :doh:

It's just too bad the GOP and the Bush supporters didn't backlash against the "Patriot" Act then. That way, they wouldn't be living with a more powerful and intrusive Barrack Obama now.

WizardofOz

What expansion?

What expansion?

It's been expanded since the Bush administration. :plain:

This information is provided daily to the NSA by the telecom companies for periods of three months. According to reports, this has been going on for seven years. The Verizon order is similar to one first issued by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court in 2006, an order which is reissued routinely every 90 days.

Here

Who was president 7 years ago? :think:

WizardofOz

woulda coulda shoulda

the question is - what are we going to do about it now?

:idea:

3445607186_ff193e952c.jpg

I fully support any legal action that would remove Obama from office just as I would have with Bush.

Obama is proving to be the greater fraud just based solely on his setting the record for broken campaign promises.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I fully support any legal action that would remove Obama from office just as I would have with Bush.

Obama is proving to be the greater fraud just based solely on his setting the record for broken campaign promises.

What, specifically, would you impeach Obama for?

What, specifically, would you have impeached Bush for?

Tyrathca

I generally like Obama but this is just wrong.

Why the Metadata the NSA has on you matters

WizardofOz

What, specifically, would you impeach Obama for? What, specifically, would you have impeached Bush for?

Being a lying, murdering, spying, scumbag isn't sufficient for impeachment, I'm painfully aware. :sigh:

I've become completely disillusioned with Washington politics. Thank you for letting me rant a little :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who thinks firearms should be banned because they can be used for evil?

if it is so necessary to data mine, for the protection and security of America and American citizens, then what happened in Boston?

They were muslims, not political opponents of Soetoro.

zoo22

woulda coulda shoulda

the question is - what are we going to do about it now?

:idea:

3445607186_ff193e952c.jpg

You're going to post a picture of someone with a sign. Okay. I suppose that's one way of saying you're not going to do anything about it.