Now that Obama is president...

Now that Obama is president...

• The end of the world must be near.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • The USA will be just a shell when he's done with it.

• It's time to hide the money!

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Same ol' same ol', nothing will change.

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • At least we have a clear enemy.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I am feeling optimistic about our future.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Obama will be the greatest president our country has ever seen.

• Other.

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

fool

Hall of Fame
Yeah! the Dems are back!
What?
You didn't have a good time in the Clinton years?
Remember when Al Quida bombed the world trade center and we did nothing?
Remember when they blew up our embassies in Africa and we did nothing?
Remember when Saddam threw out the weapons inspectors and shot at our planes in the no-fly zone and we did nothing?
Remember when they shot down our helicopters and dragged our pilots thru the street and we pulled out?
Dem times is good times and we could use some of dem times.
Stop being the world policeman and fend for ourselves for a while.
Are all the troops in Iraq packed yet?
They all get GI Bill right?
As soon as my bailout check comes I'm gonna get a Wii.

Punisher1984

Overall, this sham we call "democracy" will perpetuate itself for another 4 years or so - but I wonder just how much longer that facade can hold up...

GuySmiley

Overall, this sham we call "democracy" will perpetuate itself for another 4 years or so - but I wonder just how much longer that facade can hold up...
What about this democracy is a sham? This is exactly what we should expect out of democracy. The majority will vote themselves more money$$.

PS I know we arent a democracy.

koban

Yeah! the Dems are back!
What?
You didn't have a good time in the Clinton years?
Remember when Al Quida bombed the world trade center and we did nothing?
Remember when they blew up our embassies in Africa and we did nothing?
Remember when Saddam threw out the weapons inspectors and shot at our planes in the no-fly zone and we did nothing?
Remember when they shot down our helicopters and dragged our pilots thru the street and we pulled out?
Dem times is good times and we could use some of dem times.
Stop being the world policeman and fend for ourselves for a while.
Are all the troops in Iraq packed yet?
They all get GI Bill right?
As soon as my bailout check comes I'm gonna get a Wii.

But Fool - Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar! And Europe liked us!

Surely that was worth something!

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Oh...and Obama has already said outloud that "necessarily" we can expect energy prices to "skyrocket." Expect much higher unemployment, as well.

Energy prices have already gotten out of hand.

Unemployment has been climbing for awhile.

The housing market is in the dumps.

People are loosing their homes due to numerous creative financing programs :)rotfl:) and political fixes that didn't :)allsmile: ) fix.

The stock market is scared :)chicken:)to death and reacting to every little glitch that comes down the pike.

Which is causing everything else to go haywire.:dizzy:

And............................

Obama isn't President yet, so how can it be his fault?

After he gets in office and has had some time to work on the problems, then we can actually see the mess Bush has left!

If you can't already!

At least the man is facing adversity like a man!

How would any of you guys handle it? Or how would you like to take over a position that is on the verge of bankruptcy?

I have a novel idea, lets all get together and back this Presidency as best we can and get through this difficult time.

Oh, waite a minute! That's too much like "The America Of Old".

"Ask not what you're country can do for you, but what you can do for you're country!"

Too old fashioned for you guys?

genuineoriginal

Energy prices have already gotten out of hand.

Unemployment has been climbing for awhile.

The housing market is in the dumps.

People are loosing their homes due to numerous creative financing programs :)rotfl:) and political fixes that didn't :)allsmile: ) fix.

The stock market is scared :)chicken:)to death and reacting to every little glitch that comes down the pike.

Which is causing everything else to go haywire.:dizzy:

And............................

Obama isn't President yet, so how can it be his fault?

After he gets in office and has had some time to work on the problems, then we can actually see the mess Bush has left!

If you can't already!

At least the man is facing adversity like a man!

How would any of you guys handle it? Or how would you like to take over a position that is on the verge of bankruptcy?

I have a novel idea, lets all get together and back this Presidency as best we can and get through this difficult time.

Oh, waite a minute! That's too much like "The America Of Old".

"Ask not what you're country can do for you, but what you can do for you're country!"

Too old fashioned for you guys?
The leader you quoted appealed to th America of Old.

We have a leader that says:
"they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them"​

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Now that Obama is president... conservatives might give the Patriot Act a second glance.

Four O'Clock

The first barometer for me will be his Cabinet choices. All liberal Democrats? Some GOP in there? Colin Powell for Secretary of Defense (that would be a good thing). Dick Lugar for Secretary of State (Barry would get big kudos from me if he did that but it ain't a gonna happen - probably Bill Richardson)
A place for McCain in the Cabinet?

A possible foreshadow (I hope not) was his immediate offer of Chief of Staff to Rahm Emanuel who was an advisor to Clinton before going to Congress in 2002. Doesn't sound like "change" to me...:sigh:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
The leader you quoted appealed to th America of Old.

We have a leader that says:
"they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them"​

Yeah you're right, JFK did have his appeal, but it was a different America back then, too bad.

If you would take a moment and be honest, Obama's statement you quoted is correct. We do cling to those things we find comforting, especially when we are bitter!

johncalvinhall

Oh, ye of little memory.....

Dost thou not recollect how the market and economy was shuddering back in 2000? Back then, it was only the very beginning of the resulting consequences of Clinton-omics.

That filthy snake did everything for the short term, only to force us to pay up after he was out of office.

Don't go blaming W. for the stinking mess you liberal democRATs got this country into.

... and the worse part of all? B.O. is going to take it down even further. Sure, he might have one or two quick fixes, but in the long run, we are podded!