Now that Obama is president...

Now that Obama is president...

• The end of the world must be near.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • The USA will be just a shell when he's done with it.

• It's time to hide the money!

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Same ol' same ol', nothing will change.

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • At least we have a clear enemy.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I am feeling optimistic about our future.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Obama will be the greatest president our country has ever seen.

• Other.

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
C

cattyfan

The good news for Massachusetts is we will get rid of John Kerry, as Obama has promised Kerry a position. Let's hope the job isn't one where Kerry can do too much damage.

The other thing to expect is many promises broken, and anytime something goes wrong, Obama and company will still find a way to blame Republicans and Bush...no matter HOW long it's been.

Oh...and Obama has already said outloud that "necessarily" we can expect energy prices to "skyrocket." Expect much higher unemployment, as well.

C

cattyfan

nothing like starting wiht an openmind is their catty ?

Anyone who has listened to him speak...really listened...knows what to expect.

He is on tape, from this past January, making the comment about energy prices "skyrocketing" if he is elected. Those are his words...not mine.

This Charming Manc

Anyone who has listened to him speak...really listened...knows what to expect.

He is on tape, from this past January, making the comment about energy prices "skyrocketing" if he is elected. Those are his words...not mine.

Well dont you think american vasty over consumes the energy resources of the entire world ?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Someone just phoned me and ranted about how Obama is the Antichrist who will bring world peace:spam: (fellow Canadian).

godrulz

Hall of Fame

The cold must be affecting her brain. American citizens in Canada seemed to have voted for him. Your election was followed 100x as close as our recent election (Stephen Harper is our Prime Minister and is a fellow believer in Christ).

Snopes.com says the rumor is false, so it must be false!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/antichrist.asp

http://www.barackobamaantichrist.blogspot.com/

(it is not just kookie Canadians, but asinine Americans)

He who laughs first will cry last (er....how does that saying go?)

drbrumley

The cold must be affecting her brain. American citizens in Canada seemed to have voted for him. Your election was followed 100x as close as our recent election (Stephen Harper is our Prime Minister and is a fellow believer in Christ).

Snopes.com says the rumor is false, so it must be false!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/antichrist.asp

http://www.barackobamaantichrist.blogspot.com/

(it is not just kookie Canadians, but asinine Americans)

He who laughs first will cry last (er....how does that saying go?)

Well, obama has alot of folks scared to death, and rightfully so.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Nothing will really change. Obama is about to get a hard slap in the face by reality. When he tries to get all his spending and wealth sharing programs up and running he will quickly discover that the country cannot afford it and the fed will (or at least should) stop him from doing anything totally stupid. The republicans retained enough seats so that there is not a filibuster proof margin and that helps. All the senators and congressmen will go back to their greedy self-centered ways and little will change.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing will really change. Obama is about to get a hard slap in the face by reality. When he tries to get all his spending and wealth sharing programs up and running he will quickly discover that the country cannot afford it and the fed will (or at least should) stop him from doing anything totally stupid. The republicans retained enough seats so that there is not a filibuster proof margin and that helps. All the senators and congressmen will go back to their greedy self-centered ways and little will change.
I agree with that assessment.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The status quo will remain. Aside from some window dressing, business as usual will prevail. The show must go on.

drbrumley

Most of that is true, but what makes you think the FED will stop him? They didn't stop Bush did they?

GuySmiley

Barak will announce that now that he's been briefed, the problems are worse than he thought. The tax cuts wont happen, tax increases will go far below the $250k limit he promised, and the media wont hold his feet to the fire.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most of that is true, but what makes you think the FED will stop him? They didn't stop Bush did they?
I think CB is merely saying that Barack will not be able to do everything he wants to do.... clearly he will get some of his idea's implemented, but on balance not much is going to happen.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I don't think that they can "stop" him, but maybe they can offer him some good advice that he will be willing to follow.

koban

What now?

All black people will get off welfare, pay attention in school, get good paying jobs and respect authority.

:darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm:

Ouch. I think I pulled something.