Non Married Cohabitation Should Be Illegal

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Mal 2:16, Heb 13:4] Regret taking you off ignore. Fixed.

I'm not here to tickle your ears (2 Ti 4:3).
ears.gif

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The penalty for those found guilty?

A public whipping and an enforced 12.5 hour duration of 'America's Got Talent' or the...'equivalent'.

Any naysayers?
Given that Tiffany, Donald Trump's 2nd daughter, was born to Marla Maples 2 months before they were married, may I respectfully suggest that he receive his public whipping as part of "family values" night at the Republican Convention!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Given that Tiffany, Donald Trump's 2nd daughter, was born to Marla Maples 2 months before they were married, I suggest that he receive his public whipping during prime time as part of "family values" night during the Republican Convention!

But his third adulteress
stripper.gif
said that his word is his bond (Matt. 5:32, Pr 20:6). :sigh:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Given that Tiffany, Donald Trump's 2nd daughter, was born to Marla Maples 2 months before they were married, may I respectfully suggest that he receive his public whipping as part of "family values" night at the Republican Convention!

I respectfully second that motion!

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I respectfully second that motion!

Be honest for once, admit that you both were "proud" when Donald's special guest spoke at the RNC the other night.

eider

The penalty for those found guilty?

A public whipping and an enforced 12.5 hour duration of 'America's Got Talent' or the...'equivalent'.

Any naysayers?

I'm up for most of that.
You can call me 'hypocrite' if you like, having lived in sin with my wife for fourteen years before we married.
Look, you can whip 'em publicly, flog 'em in shopping malls, imprison 'em in nasty island prisons....... but please, please..... you can't force 'em to watch Mr Cowell on America's got Talent. Not that.

Where is your humanity?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm up for most of that.
You can call me 'hypocrite' if you like, having lived in sin with my wife for fourteen years before we married.
Look, you can whip 'em publicly, flog 'em in shopping malls, imprison 'em in nasty island prisons....... but please, please..... you can't force 'em to watch Mr Cowell on America's got Talent. Not that.

Where is your humanity?

I assume during those 14 years there were children born out of wedlock? (I won't bother to ask if abortions took place, eider might find that offensive). So why after 14 years did you decide to marry?

eider

I assume during those 14 years there were children born out of wedlock? (I won't bother to ask if abortions took place, eider might find that offensive). So why after 14 years did you decide to marry?

You assume.....!
No. My wife neither wanted nor could bear children.
Why we married is between us..... We have now been married for 11 years, so together for 24 in all. My first wife died.

Nobody has the right to control love, harmony, togetherness.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Be honest for once, admit that you both were "proud" when Donald's special guest spoke at the RNC the other night.

That makes no sense whatsoever .... outside of seeing clips and pieces, I am not viewing Donald "The Joke" Trump's personal ego fest. Even if he is elected, I will never refer to him or consider him the POTUS.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm up for most of that.

Where is your humanity?

I would consider that ... wise. Had I lived with my ex-husband prior to marriage, it is more than likely I would have called off the wedding ... and moved out.

eider

I would consider that ... wise. Had I lived with my ex-husband prior to marriage, it is more than likely I would have called off the wedding ... and moved out.

Good point.
My first wife was a Bahai, and Bahais insist upon no-sex before marriage. Oh dear! Some marriages were a shambles, with shocked new Bahai wives telling dreadful stories about what their husbands 'wanted to do', and new Bahai husbands moaning about their wives (which was breaking the no back-biting rule!! Dreadful!!) My first wife and I were married for nearly twenty years and had two sons and a daughter before her death.

That was why, leter on, I did not marry my girlfriend for nearly fourteen years. Over here, if you marry, your wife becopmes first-in-line to inherit. I needed to prepare, and then I sold the family home and split up the funds from it amongst my children and self, as if I had died...... and then I proposed to my girlfriend, poor as a church mouse and completely free of all other financial responsibilities. We got a tiny place together where we have lived happily ever since. Peace, harmony, happiness.

Big homes, money and status are worth nothing if a person is unhappy, harassed etc, but I guess you already know that.

eider

At what point does cohabitation become a marriage? If you prefer, do you need a piece of paper or some sort of ceremony saying you are married to be married?

Good question! :)
Although common-law husbands and wives have less and less protection and status these days, in the UK a couple became 'common-law' husband-and-wife after living together for (I think) two years.

But it is much more legally safe for a couple to be (either) joined by civil partnership (or) by marriage. Recently a neighbour died, and his sons had the neighbour's live-in partner evicted from the property, sold it, and divided the funds between themselves. The neighbour's partner was put out of the home with nothing. They had lived together for years.

People........ don't ya just luv 'em? :)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

You assume.....!
No. My wife neither wanted nor could bear children.
Why we married is between us..... We have now been married for 11 years, so together for 24 in all. My first wife died.

My condolences on the loss of your first wife, I can't imagine the pain.

Nobody has the right to control love, harmony, togetherness.

Actually a righteous civil government has that right, along with a society that has strong mores' that frown upon immoral behavior. I'd shown in an earlier post that cohabitation on a large scale brings about loss of life (abortion) and dysfunctional homes where children frequently grow up without the guidance of a dad in the house.

Art Brain's attempt at a joke isn't so funny to those of us that have studied the results of cohabitation, and see it in today's moral relativist society.