No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Berean Todd said:
Yet I'll point out that it was dragged out of him at leangth that Granite admitted he never had a relationship with Jesus Christ. Anyone can read arguments for Christianity, and talk the talk and try to walk the walk, but Jesus said that many would cry "Lord, Lord" on the last day and He would tell them "Depart from me, I never knew you."

Granite, I do pray that God will work in your life and call you into a living, real relationship with Him, so don't take the above wrong ... but you may have attended church, you may have talked the talk, but you never had the relationship at the core.

Berean: for one, I really don't appreciate you presenting this as though I'm hiding something or being dishonest. For another, you can bring up old posts all day long, but actually QUOTING the post as opposed to your out of context recollection is something else altogether.

Here's what I would say. At the time as a Christian I had a relationship with Christ as best I knew. Considering that I doubt Jesus' existence, and even if I DO believe he lived certainly do not believe he was the son of God and messiah, it's completely impossible, in my opinion, for ANYBODY to have a "relationship" with him.

Freak

granite, I thought I read somewhere, in the past, about you being born again (could be wrong though). Did you have a born again experience where a inner transformation occured through simple trust in Jesus???

Granite

Hall of Fame
Freak said:
granite, I thought I read somewhere, in the past, about you being born again (could be wrong though). Did you have a born again experience where a inner transformation occured through simple trust in Jesus???

Yes, I was. But I think we'd disagree about what this experience really was.

wickwoman

Berean Todd said:
Yet I'll point out that it was dragged out of him at leangth that Granite admitted he never had a relationship with Jesus Christ. Anyone can read arguments for Christianity, and talk the talk and try to walk the walk, but Jesus said that many would cry "Lord, Lord" on the last day and He would tell them "Depart from me, I never knew you."

Granite, I do pray that God will work in your life and call you into a living, real relationship with Him, so don't take the above wrong ... but you may have attended church, you may have talked the talk, but you never had the relationship at the core.

Todd, you're really being crummy for starting this again. You should be ashamed of yourself. I was there for the first discussions with Granite, and nobody dragged any such admission out of him. If you think you did, it's only because you want to believe it. How come him being a Christian once and then changing his mind is so very threatening to you? Sit down on the couch and tell Wickwoman all about it.

Berean Todd

granite1010 said:
Yes, I was. But I think we'd disagree about what this experience really was.

No, we would agree quite clearly agree that you did NOT have any real experience, where we would disagree is in the fact that some have had a very real experience that you obviously have not had.

wickwoman

Hi Freak. Welcome back! I actually argued against your return. But, I believed it was for your own good because you seem to not be able to control yourself sometimes and I figured not allowing you back would at least leave you with some control. But, just to show you there's no hard feelings, I gave you some good rep points.

Freak

granite1010 said:
Yes, I was.
Perhaps, you will return to living out your faith openly. Sounds like you've been hurt by "Christians" and the "Church." But this should not have caused you to turn your back on the One whose truly for you & not against you--Jesus.

Never say never.

Freak

wickwoman said:
Hi Freak. Welcome back! I actually argued against your return. But, I believed it was for your own good because you seem to not be able to control yourself sometimes and I figured not allowing you back would at least leave you with some control. But, just to show you there's no hard feelings, I gave you some good rep points.
Interesting. I appreciate the love!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Berean Todd said:
No, we would agree quite clearly agree that you did NOT have any real experience, where we would disagree is in the fact that some have had a very real experience that you obviously have not had.

Okay, this is just confusing. Maybe too many double negatives...the experience was very real, and no one can convince me otherwise. What the experience actually WAS is, of course, something else altogether.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Freak said:
Perhaps, you will return to living out your faith openly. Sounds like you've been hurt by "Christians" and the "Church." But this should not have caused you to turn your back on the One whose truly for you & not against you--Jesus.

Never say never.

Freak, I'm sorry, but I can never go back.

Granite

Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
Todd, you're really being crummy for starting this again. You should be ashamed of yourself. I was there for the first discussions with Granite, and nobody dragged any such admission out of him. If you think you did, it's only because you want to believe it. How come him being a Christian once and then changing his mind is so very threatening to you? Sit down on the couch and tell Wickwoman all about it.

:think:

Indeed. Why's it such an intimidating thought?

I'll tell you why: because it means it can happen to ANYBODY.

wickwoman

BillyBob said:
Not me, I voted to let him back.....it's no fun harassing someone who can't respond. :devil:

I dunno, the new Freak seems to have it together pretty well. Maybe I was wrong. No, not that :shocked:

monochrome

Hello Granite, thought I'd let you know that we are in the same boat, buddy. I left my trust in the Christian faith a few years back. Though It was followed by several years of doubt and fear, I now stand firm in what little belief I have. I hope your journey away from the Faith of Man is as rewarding as mine has been, even with the hard times.

Here's to God, accountability for one's actions, and listening to what others have to say (even if their faith clashes greatly with your own) if only to push your own faith towards its spiritual zenith.

- m -

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
monochrome said:
Hello Granite, thought I'd let you know that we are in the same boat, buddy. I left my trust in the Christian faith...
:think: Sounds like the same boat, all right.

Did you ever have faith in Christ, monochrome?

Granite

Hall of Fame
monochrome said:
Hello Granite, thought I'd let you know that we are in the same boat, buddy. I left my trust in the Christian faith a few years back. Though It was followed by several years of doubt and fear, I now stand firm in what little belief I have. I hope your journey away from the Faith of Man is as rewarding as mine has been, even with the hard times.

Here's to God, accountability for one's actions, and listening to what others have to say (even if their faith clashes greatly with your own) if only to push your own faith towards its spiritual zenith.

- m -

Congratulations and good luck!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.