NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ridiculous. All Atlanta had to do on was kick a fg they were in easy range. Atlanta's second half on offense is the MVP of New England if the Pats win this in OT.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh well. Bad football, start to finish, and he didn't even get in.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All the Falcons had to do on 3rd and 1 was run the ball, kick a field goal, and go up by 10.

Instead, they do the biggest choke job in the history of the NFL.

PS...if they get the first down, the game is over.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it me (as a Steeler's fan) or, are the Patriots the luckiest team ever?

Seattle had them beat, then Atlanta had them beat.....then....out of nowhere, the Patriots win the game.

I just don't get it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No matter how bad Atlanta blew it you have to give Brady credit for bringing his team back to win another Super Bowl.

Yes, Brady was great.

BUT, Atlanta handed it to him.

Same thing with Seattle, and same thing with Carolina in 2004.

Other than the NY Giants, it's like the other teams just hand the Super Bowl to Brady.

drbrumley

All the Falcons had to do on 3rd and 1 was run the ball, kick a field goal, and go up by 10.

Instead, they do the biggest choke job in the history of the NFL.

PS...if they get the first down, the game is over.

All the Falcons had to do was stop em on the last 5 drives NE had....They didn't

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bill Cowher, as coach of the Steelers, was 99-1-1 when leading by 10 points or more in the 4th quarter.

The Falcons were up 28-9 in the 4th quarter.

Only a moron coach could blow a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Bill Cowher, as coach of the Steelers, was 99-1-1 when leading by 10 points or more in the 4th quarter.

The Falcons were up 28-9 in the 4th quarter.

Only a moron coach could blow a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter.
It wasn't the coach. Just an amazing confluence of unlikely plays. The fumble by Matt that gave NE a quick score and the series where they were in fg range late and played themselves out of it. The thing just turned. When the coin flip went to NE I thought, "Well, that's it. No way the offense is going to get the ball back." Done.

But players win and lose the thing often as not and that offense tightened up and made key mistakes to help that tide shift on them. Hats off to NE for clawing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It wasn't the coach.

Yes it was.

They had 3rd and 1 at the New England 25, and up by 8, with just over 3 minutes left in the game.

RUN THE BALL!!!!!

If you don't get a first down, you kick a field goal, and you're up by 10 with just over 3:00 minutes to play. If you get the first down, the game's over.

I can 100% guarantee you, that Bill Cowher, and/or Chuck Noll would have run the ball in that situation (as would 99% of the head coaches in NFL history)

I stand by my assertion, the Head Coach was a moron!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.