NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Gia @ GB: this one is the game to wait for, hopefully. Will the Giants ignite on another post season run or will the team and qb everyone was beginning to shovel dirt on early in the season continue to demonstrate why Green Bay's demise was greatly exaggerated? The line has the Packers a modest 5 pt favorite. That line is literally right where I have it. I'll lay those points. Hope it's a good one.
I will go with the Giants in a very close game and take the five points. Eli will, as usual, over-perform in a Playoff game.

Looks like Pats fans can rejoice. Rodgers continues to amaze, sticking it to those who were attempting to bury him early in the season. It's now 31-13 with a little over 9 minutes to go. The Giants have to come up with two scores to cost me the line win and 19 to move on in a good way. :D

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL 2016

Last year, all 4 Wild Card teams won.
This year all 4 Division winners won.
Next week, all 8 Divisional winners face off.

Green Bay has won 7 straight
Pittsburgh has won 8 straight

However, Big Ben and Jordy Nelson are hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Last year, all 4 Wild Card teams won.
This year all 4 Division winners won.
Next week, all 8 Divisional winners face off.

Green Bay has won 7 straight
Pittsburgh had won 8 straight

However, Big Ben and Jordy Nelson are hurt.
The opening line is KC by 1.5, but if they're still hobbled close to game time I'm betting that will edge up to around 3.

No line on GB @ Dallas yet.

NE opened at 16 over Houston.

Atlanta is a 4 pt fav over visiting Seattle.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The opening line is KC by 1.5, but if they're still hobbled close to game time I'm betting that will edge up to around 3.

No line on GB @ Dallas yet.

NE opened at 16 over Houston.

Atlanta is a 4 pt fav over visiting Seattle.

If Big Ben is less than 90%, the Chiefs win easily.

Dallas is getting Rogers at the worst possible time.

I'm curious what the line will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

Dallas is getting Rogers at the worst possible time.

When the Boys beat the Packers earlier in the year they had both Rodgers and Nelson. They might not have Nelson next Sunday.

I like the way that the Boy's offense matches up with the Packer's defense. Coming into the first game the Packers were number one in rushing defense. Despite that, the Cowboys rushed for 191 yards.

At the very end of the first half Dallas was on their own two yard line and then they scored a touchdown in only 33 seconds. That was about the time it took to score a touchdown against the Steelers at the end of that game to win.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When the Boys beat the Packers earlier in the year they had both Rodgers and Nelson.

That was then, this is now.

The Packers are the hottest team in the NFC.

Considering your Cowboys have only won two playoff games the last 20 years, I like the Packers chances.

Jerry Shugart

Considering your Cowboys have only won two playoff games the last 20 years, I like the Packers chances.

You are just jealous because the Boys have the best regular season winning percentage of all the teams in the NFL while the Steelers do not even crack the top ten!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_win–loss_records

You know that the Steelers will never catch the Boys and that is why you are so bitter!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Packers have a lot of experience losing to teams with winning records on the road!

That experience will not help them in any way.
The Packers have Rodgers, and while Brady is currently walking a tight-rope, Aaron Rodgers is walking on water. I haven't seen a qb this dominant since Flacco back in whatever year that was that Baltimore won, 2014? Flacco would not be denied that tournament and season, and Rodgers is playing like that, except technically virtually perfectly. He's the best qb to ever play the game and he's currently on an incredible roll. I am nervous about them, and rooting for Dallas, because GB is the scariest team in the tournament right now, and as a Pats fan, I'd rather (assuming they win two, which I am not assuming, just for the sake of discussion) NE faces the Cowboys, no offense intended. :e4e:

Jerry Shugart

I am nervous about them, and rooting for Dallas, because GB is the scariest team in the tournament right now, and as a Pats fan, I'd rather (assuming they win two, which I am not assuming, just for the sake of discussion) NE faces the Cowboys, no offense intended.

If I was you I would be worried more about the Steelers than anyone. After all, the Pats will not even make it to the Super Bowl unless they beat them or the Chiefs.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jeopardy....And the answer is.....

6. Remember to phrase your response in the form of a question.
What was your age the first time you realized that chics dig you? :plain:

Latest Line Summary:

Atlanta 4.5 (up from the opening 4)

New England 15.5 (down from 16)

KC 2.0 (up from 1.5)

Dallas is holding at 4

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think Rodgers belongs in the discussion of best ever, based onwatching him play. It is like watching Montana in the Super Bowl. GOAT is too subjective and not dispassionate. Well, I can do it because of my ISTJ malfunction.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If I was you I would be worried more about the Steelers than anyone. After all, the Pats will not even make it to the Super Bowl unless they beat them or the Chiefs.
Nope. KC is more worrisome, because, if they beat the Steelers, that means they're playing at a very high level.

The most concerning team right now for me and Pats nation is Houston. If NE beats the Texans, then either KC or Pittsburgh will be the biggest concern, and KC would be more concerning than Pittsburgh, and Pittsburgh themselves is daunting enough. And if NE can win the AFC, then they'll have to face the NFC champs, either Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle or GB, and of all those, GB is the scariest, because of Rodgers, and of how he's playing right now.

You can't beat a qb playing like that. All his team has to do, is not lose it for him, and GB is disciplined enough to not do that. So if Rodgers comes down from the clouds (sooner rather than later, for your sake Jerry :)), then we can play football, but for now, it looks like he's decided this is his year.

Status
Not open for further replies.