NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Worked out for you! In other news, Fitzy looked dreadful. 16/31, didn't eclipse 200 yards and an interception to go with it. He will be looking for a rock to hide under until next week when Joe Flacco takes a turn at the Jets defense.
13-2 and my best week so far. Waiting on the lines, but next week has a couple of games I want to see. Houston at Denver looks to be fun for Denver fans. SD at Atl could be a fireworks show. The Vikings at Philly has promise.

Games I'm not looking forward to calling: Oak @ Jac...Was @ Det...well, Min @ Phi, really...TB @ SF.

Eagles Wings

13-2 and my best week so far. Waiting on the lines, but next week has a couple of games I want to see. Houston at Denver looks to be fun for Denver fans. SD at Atl could be a fireworks show. The Vikings at Philly has promise.

Games I'm not looking forward to calling: Oak @ Jac...Was @ Det...well, Min @ Phi, really...TB @ SF.
Skol Vikes!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where is Mr 5020? Our own is the NFL leading rusher for the Boys. I think Prescott, who is not as polished as Romo, should stay as the starter.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Where is Mr 5020? Our own is the NFL leading rusher for the Boys. I think Prescott, who is not as polished as Romo, should stay as the starter.
This is looking more and more like Bledsoe and Brady, though in this case the owner loves the old guard. Well, the rest of the front office talked him out of the Johnny Football disaster. Maybe they'll talk him into letting Prescott continue to grow and lead this team. He's shown the potential for growth and a lot to be excited about in the moment. . . If he doesn't stumble, it's going to be hard to put Romo back under center.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

All the non-fans here, and there are thousands, aren't even watching. And the Rams are gone, and they still don't watch. He is over 700 now and is on pace to hit 1800. A number that over the course of the season will get hard to actually hit.

Quetzal

Coming into tonights contest the Bears are rewarded... how many?! The line currently sitting at 9.5 against the Green Bay Packers. I am nervous and so are a few others as the crowd is divided 57/42 in favor of the Bears. If there was ever a game for Rodger's and company to get their stuff together, this would be it. Green Bay wins the game, but not by enough. Bears with the line.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was just reading about the league not addressing the massive over night ratings drop and why. Let me help.

harold-kneel.jpg

Filthy muslims and muslim supporters that are allegedly opposed to the only country that will let them oppose.

Quetzal

I was just reading about the league not addressing the massive over night ratings drop and why. Let me help.

harold-kneel.jpg

Filthy muslims and muslim supporters that are allegedly opposed to the only country that will let them oppose.
Eventually, even the best actors, need a new act.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Coming into tonights contest the Bears are rewarded... how many?! The line currently sitting at 9.5 against the Green Bay Packers. I am nervous and so are a few others as the crowd is divided 57/42 in favor of the Bears. If there was ever a game for Rodger's and company to get their stuff together, this would be it. Green Bay wins the game, but not by enough. Bears with the line.
The statistical edge on average is around 10.5 and the sim is running about 11 for me and 15 for Vegas. So I'm going with Green Bay to cover on this one.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Week 7

1. Chi @ GB: The statistical edge on average (SEA) is around 10.5 and the sim is running about 11 for me and 15 for Vegas. So I'm going with Green Bay to cover the 9.5 on this one. Potential spoiler? They'll have to do it one dimensionally. A way for Rodgers to make a statement, one way or the other. (the game should be well on by now, but I'm busy...I don't think I've watched an entire game so far this season).

2. Gia @ LA: The Giants are a 2.5 road favorite. The SEA is actually a 2 pt edge for the Giants. Vegas sim (VS) is 4 pts for LA. It's essentially a push, but I have more faith in the Giants after the way they put the brakes on NO aerial attack.

3.Buf @ Mia: on paper it looks like a blowout. The Bills have around a 12 pt SEA advantage, but if the line was more than 3 I'd worry, because as bad as Miami is they can slow you down enough to hold the score down with their running game. At 2.5 I don't care what the sims are.

4. Cle @ Cin: 9.5 is a lot of points for a Bengals team that hasn't inspired confidence this year. They're actually averaging around the same offensive output as the Browns (ouch) and their combined SAE is a meager 5 against that line...but the level of competition has been better for the Bengals and the best team Cleveland faced didn't have it's starting qb playing (and they still killed the Browns). So I'm running with the sims, mine and Vegas, both showing it a little over two tds. Cin to cover.

5. Was @ Det: a curious 1.5 fav for Det. Curious because Was is 2-1 and Detroit is 2-3. Or not so given these teams are fairly evenly matched. A pick'em game with the home team getting the nod. I'll take the action and gamble on Washington.

6. Ind @ Ten: The Titans are better than you'd think. My Colts are in need of a lot of help. The SEA is 4 pts in favor of the Titans. The sim spread is between 7 and 20 pts. Nothing looks good for Indy outside of the proverbial punchers chance. A homer bet I'm not taking. With Ten and 2.5 I'm in. Titans.

7. NO @ KC: The Chiefs are a 6.5 fav. The SEA is right at 5 for KC. Sims are running about 2 tds as well. In the end it's about whether KC plays the defense they're capable of or if the Saints can stop a three game skid. With the exception of Atlanta, they've hung close to the other guy or beat them. I'll take New Orleans to keep it closer or win outright with my upset special.

8. Oak @ Jac: the Jags are a sneeze and you miss it .5 pt favorite. The SEA is .7 Jags. It's that sort of game in a week filled with them. Vegas sim likes Jacksonville and 11. I have it a dead heat. I'll take Oakland and a fg to win on the road.

9. Min @ Phi: the Vikings are another close favorite by 2.5. The SEA is .2 for Philly...that's slim. Vegas sims is 1 pt for Philly. Mine is 5 for Min. Both teams had a confidence builder in their last outing. Philly won big at home against nothing much. The Vikings took Ten on the road. I'm going with my sim and that road confidence to come through again. Minnesota.

10. Bal @ Jets: the mercurial Jests are a .5 point favorite. Baltimore has mostly given me grief this year. Until last week New York couldn't put together much offense. Baltimore knows how to win close. I'll try my luck with the Ravens again.

11. SD @ Atl: hot dang, the game we've waited for with the Falcons a strong 6.5 fav. The SEA on this one is 2.5. The sims agree on a 10 pt Atlanta advantage, so why is this one making me nervous? In a word, Rivers. He's kept the Chargers within 4 in each of their losses, including the high octane Saints. And he's beaten good defense (see: Broncos). I like the Falcons, but I can't give those points against SD, not matter what my sim tells me.

12. TB @ SF: TB is a 1.5 fav. The SEA is a wash. The sims are running...Vegas has it SF by as much as 9 and mine says the more likely outcome favors TB. Someone has to win. Tampa has at least shown they can win.

13. NE @ Pit: without Ben I don't care about the numbers. Can the Pats move the ball well enough to cover a 7.5 spread? Everything we've seen so far says yes.

14. Sea @ Arz: Cardinals are a 1.5 fav. The SEA is Arizona and not quite 3. The sims are between 5 and 8 for Arizona. Another game I'm looking forward to that will give us a clear view of what we can expect. moving toward the home stretch.

15. Hou @ Den: The revenge game...either way. You can't miss this. :) Denver is a 7.5 fav, The SEA and sims have Denver 2 tds or better. I think Denver covers but I want to see it. If the ex is going to shine it should be against the defense he knows best.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Chickened out of the chance to be burned by Baltimore again, so I'm 9-4 going into tonight's game. Nearly changed my mind on the Vikings game, considering Philly's familiarity with their former QB, but I stuck to my guns there, unfortunately. So I need Arz and Den to win to reach 11-4, or a split to hit a solid 10-5. Even if I tank both games, given the number of close contests on paper, I'll take it. :)

Quetzal

Dang it! Forgot my picks again. :smack:

This week, a lot of my theories are being supported:

• New England is still the team to beat.
  • The Chargers have an incredible offense, if only their defense could keep up they could be a contender.
  • The Seahawks, despite a lackluster offensive game, are still holding their own.
  • The Browns and the Bears are nothing but a stepping stone team that allows opponents to get back on track.
  • The Steelers are still a great football team, regardless. But it may not be enough.
  • The NFC East is the only division that still has a winning record across the board... actually this was never my theory but really REALLY surprising regardless.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That Arizona/Seattle game was very weird.
I'm so, so glad I didn't actually watch it. But betting with Arz is starting to look like laying money on Baltimore (shudders).

Well, I'm still 9-4 and all I need is for Denver to be Denver tonight and it's another pretty good week in the books.

Seriously though, a tie that looks like an interesting soccer game? Really. :plain: I bet that really helped the ol tv ratings. :smack:

beloved57

Tough lost for my boys. The Nfls #1 offense needs to score more than 3 points in a whole half. Had problem scoring touch down in red zone. We still lead the south.

Quetzal

I'm so, so glad I didn't actually watch it. But betting with Arz is starting to look like laying money on Baltimore (shudders).

Well, I'm still 9-4 and all I need is for Denver to be Denver tonight and it's another pretty good week in the books.

Seriously though, a tie that looks like an interesting soccer game? Really. :plain: I bet that really helped the ol tv ratings. :smack:
I have no idea what is going on with Seattle's offense. They are averaging 18.5 this season (28th), a full touchdown less-per-game since last year when they scored 25.4 PPG (7th).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have no idea what is going on with Seattle's offense. They are averaging 18.5 this season (28th), a full touchdown less-per-game since last year when they scored 25.4 PPG (7th).
They had the 3rd best rushing attack in the NFL last year, averaging 141 yrds a game. This year they're rushing for 87 yds a game and they're ranked 27th.

They're not scaring anyone with the run, which means the box isn't being stacked and the coverage is exposing Russel, who isn't "the guy", though he can be a difference maker when they have balance. Also, Russel has been injured and is himself much less effective as a runner. He contributed nearly 500 yds on the ground his first year. Over that his second. Over 800 his third and over 500 again last year. This year? Approaching the half way point, less than 50 yds.

Status
Not open for further replies.