NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eh, McDaniels drafted Tebow. Not a good move, so they got rid of him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I do not believe what Tom had to say," Brunell said. "Those balls were deflated. Somebody had to do it and I don't believe there's an equiptment manager in the NFL that would-on his own initiative-deflate a ball without the starting quarterback's approval.

"I just didn't believe what Tom Brady had to say

"Every player that's in the NFL, you know what your equiptment manager does for you. For instance, if I like my cleats, you know, an inch lower than normal, then every game I go out there my cleats will be an inch lower because that's how I like it. Tom Brady said they know how he likes it. Well, let's think about that. He said his equiptment manager brings his balls just how he likes them. Well, when the coach played him the previous game it was just how he liked them, and again, it was too low. So, it's clear that the equiptment managers are doing what you want them to do. You want it low. They have it low for you. This was a perfect opportunity for you to call it like you saw it. You did not do that. I'm disappointed in you, Tom Brady."

If the NFL had integrity, and according to Granite they don't (Ray Rice) they would take back the trophies and tell the Pats to remove the banners as they do in the NCAA.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If the NFL had integrity, and according to Granite they don't (Ray Rice) they would take back the trophies and tell the Pats to remove the banners as they do in the NCAA.

:rotfl:

Haters wish. And it ain't happening.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs

Key takeaway:

"Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum."

And the officials failed to actually measure pressure prior to the game.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If there were a "Train Wreck Bowl" these two teams would certainly be going head to head. Although the Raiders might be a challenger.

:doh:

Oh. Jeez. I forgot about Oakland.

Jack Del Rio, may the football gods be with you.:shocked:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

so how is your overpaid quarterback doing?

mine has an overpaid receiver and an overpaid defensive lineman

together they will get half the salary cap

not so good

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
it is hard to build a team around an overpaid prima donna quarterback
everyone on the team knows
the attention he gets
the money he gets
the salary cap
By all accounts Peyton is a great guy and has always been highly regarded by his teammates and the community that finds him among them. And he makes less guaranteed money than the fellow you keep trying to insinuate as a counter. A guy who gets so much of the attention most casual fans would have trouble naming more than a player or two on his team otherwise. A guy we're learning is a trash talker on the field, who sired a child out of wedlock before marrying, no, he married another woman. A guy who is at least a part of the deflate gate mess...and he's your example because he gives the appearance of caring less about money? :plain: Right.

That said, Brady is a terrific system runner. Nearly the best I've seen.

Granite

Hall of Fame
By all accounts Peyton is a great guy and has always been highly regarded by his teammates and the community that finds him among them. And he makes less guaranteed money than the fellow you keep trying to insinuate as a counter. A guy who gets so much of the attention most casual fans would have trouble naming more than a player or two on his team otherwise. A guy we're learning is a trash talker on the field, who sired a child out of wedlock before marrying, no, he married another woman. A guy who is at least a part of the deflate gate mess...and he's your example because he gives the appearance of caring less about money? :plain: Right.

That said, Brady is a terrific system runner. Nearly the best I've seen.

The worst thing that people can say about Brady thus far is that he's a fiery competitor who uses profanity (uh, duh) and that he's slept with beautiful women.

Anything else in that bag of tricks? Wait, wait; he probably got busted for jaywalking.:yawn: :rolleyes:

I mean, come on, guys.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And he makes less guaranteed money than the fellow you keep trying to insinuate as a counter.

oh really?
there is only one number that counts
the salary cap hit
it determines how much money is left for the linemen
and
that's the truth

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
oh really?
there is only one number that counts
the salary cap hit
it determines how much money is left for the linemen
and
that's the truth
No, it's one truth. Do you know how guaranteed money impacts the cap? Let me help you. Guaranteed money is spread out over the life of the contract in terms of impact. So does it impact the cap? It does. And it can really hurt a team if the player moves on or is injured, can have an accelerated impact. Nice to see you gave up on the rest of your advance. Don't blame you a bit. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The worst thing that people can say about Brady thus far is that he's a fiery competitor who uses profanity (uh, duh) and that he's slept with beautiful women.
No, I think the worst thing you can say is that he's been involved in a couple of cheating scandals plus the above, though having a kid with one woman then marrying another is a little more than sleeping.

Anything else in that bag of tricks? Wait, wait; he probably got busted for jaywalking.:yawn: :rolleyes:

I mean, come on, guys.
Great quarterback, but I'm resisting chrys attempt to make him something he doesn't appear to be. Limiting the discussion to qb skills is best. At that, at running a system he's better than anyone I've seen since Montana.

And that's a pretty good list to be on in any position.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, it's one truth. Do you know how guaranteed money impacts the cap? Let me help you. Guaranteed money is spread out over the life of the contract in terms of impact. So does it impact the cap? It does. And it can really hurt a team if the player moves on or is injured, can have an accelerated impact. Nice to see you gave up on the rest of your advance. Don't blame you a bit. :)

okay
what are your numbers?

I have

for 2013
peyton first with 58
brady 11th with 33

for 2014
peyton 2nd with 58
brady 14th with 33

for 2015
peyton 2nd with 58
brady not on the list

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That isn't why they booted McDaniels.

I am sure it helped the decision easier.

We got rid of him when he tried the Patriots style of bending the rules.

I can buy that. I don't agree with the saying "they all cheat". People that say it have a guilty conscience over their cheating. Like Brad Johnson. I don't think Manning cheats or attempts to do it.

so how is your overpaid quarterback doing?

I am not an NFL owner.

I think he is one of the best of all time. So you are telling me he is a whoremonger in addition to a cheater. Now it is all adding up.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who will be a bigger train wreck slash circus: Washington, or the Browns?

Bottlegate

What I forgot was how he had two feet down. Just like Dez Bryant. And just like Dez Bryant, it is not a catch. I remember they were mad because Couch ran a quick play. I myself hate that rule. The officials should step over the ball like in college and say you are not running a play while it is being looked at.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ESPN said:
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell will spend 15 months on probation in a first-offender's program stemming from his arrest on marijuana possession and DUI charges with former teammate LeGarrette Blount.

Bell's driver's license will also be suspended for 60 days. But under terms of the program, he can petition the court to have his arrest record expunged if he completes the probation.

It shouldn't called "first offender" since it was far from the first time he and LeBlunt inhaled a blunt.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It shouldn't called "first offender" since it was far from the first time he and LeBlunt inhaled a blunt.

Bell gets 15 months probation, LeBlount gets a Super Bowl ring.

Nothing like getting sentenced for marijuana possession on Bob Marley's birthday (Feb 6th)......Legalize it, Mon!!!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2015 NFL Draft First-Round Order

No. Team W-L

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-14
2. Tennessee Titans 2-14
3. Jacksonville Jaguars 3-13
4. Oakland Raiders 3-13
5. Washington Redskins 4-12
6. New York Jets 4-12
7. Chicago Bears 5-11
8. Atlanta Falcons 6-10
9. New York Giants 6-10
10. St. Louis Rams 6-10
11. Minnesota Vikings 7-9
12. Cleveland Browns 7-9
13. New Orleans Saints 7-9
14. Miami Dolphins 8-8
15. San Francisco 49ers 8-8
16. Houston Texans 9-7
17. San Diego Chargers 9-7
18. Kansas City Chiefs 9-7
19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) 7-9
20. Philadelphia Eagles 10-6
21. Cincinnati Bengals 10-5-1
22. Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5
23. Detroit Lions 11-5
24. Arizona Cardinals 11-5
25. Carolina Panthers 7-8-1
26. Baltimore Ravens 10-6
27. Dallas Cowboys 12-4
28. Denver Broncos 12-4
29. Indianapolis Colts 11-5
30. Green Bay Packers 12-4
31. Seattle Seahawks 12-4
32. New England Patriots 12-4

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The NFL Combine is on the 17th of February at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Kid from Ohio State made the worst call of his life. He'd go top three or four at his position as a project, top 100. His stock isn't likely to go up if he's on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.