NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So what's with this Monday Morning Massacre in Denver?

I know Elway wants someone to blame, but I don't think you can lay this all at Fox's feet.

Either that or Fox reasons that Manning's going to retire, and he doesn't want to be left holding the Brock Osweiler bag in Denver with #18 gone.

This franchise looks two seconds away from completely coming undone.
I hope so. :devil:

Caledvwlch

so where is tet?

we need to know what the highest paid quarterbacks are doing this weekend

Pretty sure you've pointed that out already. Like five times.

Going by what I could easily find on their cap hits, the top ten highest paid for 2014 will not be playing on Sunday.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why isn't Bill Cowher coaching anywhere yet?
I'd like to see him or Mike take it over. Bill would raise a good defense and help with the running game. Mike has demonstrated what he can do with aging, talented qbs and an offensive line/running game. I think, if Peyton can get healthy and wants to get it done, he has two years left in that tank.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Elway thinks the Broncos are supposed to win the Super Bowl every year.

He's no Pierre LaCroix. :rolleyes: Didn't he run off with an Oakland Raiders cheerleader?
ds_img_direct.php
Heb 13:4

51NhtW9exnL._SX300_.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
Either that, or he just looks like a guy who was playing hurt, will heal up in the off-season, and chuck the ball for two more years.

An uncertain coaching situation plus a lot of free agents...I'm not sure what kind of team he'll be coming back to in Denver.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Peyton looks done, physically.
He looked like someone with an average arm when you take away his ability to drive through with his legs.

Or, pre injury 2014:

Against Seattle: 303 yds, 63% comp, 2 td, 1 int, 85.7 rating
Against Arizona: 479 yds, 66% comp, 4 td, 2 int, 110.2 rating
Against SF: 318 yds, 84.6% comp, 4 td, 0 int, 157.2 rating
Against New England: 438 yds, 58.6% comp, 2 td, 2 int, 80.9 rating

Those aren't "done" stats. But what followed them do look like "injured and playing" stats.

He's hurt in the Rams game, gets battered worse in the tough victory over Miami, which is where the tear is supposed to take place. After that game?

179 yds against the Chiefs, 173 vs Buffalo and a reduced role. After being given limited responsibility (20 attempts in 2 different games) he pushed back against SD and paid for it.

Old guys don't snap back from harder injuries. That's what killed Favre when he got older in the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.