James.Roberts

I can understand that position as well and don't have problem with DP requiring evidence that is 100% guilty of the crime the person was arrested for.
Yes. I don't believe someone should be executed on circumstantial evidence, and we should be 100% positive before taking someone's life. So I'm in agreement with you totally.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am pro death penalty too, but my wife, even though she's a conservative, she's wavering on the death penalty not wanting to see the wrong man executed.
I'm with your wife, though I oppose the DP on other grounds as well. A moderate, politically. I've been a Christian for a good while now, but I spent most of three decades in the other camp. I had a carry license once, but let it go.

Hope you find the old girl (TOL) an interesting way to pass a little time. I'm not sure what's going on now and what the life of any board is with the advent and ascension of Twitter and FB. I got here in 07 and things were roaring. Stayed that way for a few years, but trends have been slowing forum life for the last few years.

Here's how it was...for the first several years I was on TOL you wouldn't believe how many disparate and interesting, funny, considered voices we had among the yahoos and odd mix-in of trolls or people looking for a fight. It was a wild west show of sorts. Great deal of fun. Knight, the founder, would host a yearly awards show and pick and link to some of the best threads/posts, hand out accolades and choose a few posters for our Hall of Fame. It had a real sense of depth of community. Once a year we had a fund drive. Once a year we had a week to be on our best behavior with one another. A very familial feel to the place.

A few years back that began to peel away. We started losing membership and activity, moved a few times into different digs that limited options. Once upon a time you could dress up your profile page and some, yours truly included, made it a creative and ongoing point of interest. Then it was easy to have friends across a range of differences easily enough, because there were men and women of good will in just about every camp and the camps were filled.

It's a shadow of that now. Most of the bells and whistles have gone. Knight is rarely a presence. Many of the old guard moved on and the troll ratio skewed dramatically toward the loud and angry. But if you're patient and for whatever time is left, there are friends to be met and conversations to be had.

Welcome. :cheers:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
.............. Most of the bells and whistles have gone. Knight is rarely a presence. Many of the old guard moved on and the troll ratio skewed dramatically toward the loud and angry. But if you're patient and for whatever time is left, there are friends to be met and conversations to be had.

Welcome. :cheers:

Old Kat is still around.
Hello, new member:wave2:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am a new member of Theology Online and hope to have many interesting conversations. I am:

1. A longtime Conservative Christian
2. A longtime Conservative Politically.
3. I believe in an Old Earth but not the Theory of Evolution.
4. I guess I would fit in the Dispensationalist, pre-Tribulation Rapture Camp.
5. I believe early Jewish books not in the Canon have value, i.e. The Book of Enoch, Gad the Seer, the Apocalypse of Ezra, et al.
6. I am happily married.
7. I am technical/scientific by degree and work experience.
8. I am license to carry concealed weapons and frequently do.
9. I am an avid reader.
10. I am a big fan of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead (Al Gore supporters).
Hi James. That's a lot of stuff you listed there. How about salvation? Are you saved?

Grey Oran

I am a new member of Theology Online and hope to have many interesting conversations. I am:

1. A longtime Conservative Christian
2. A longtime Conservative Politically.
3. I believe in an Old Earth but not the Theory of Evolution.
4. I guess I would fit in the Dispensationalist, pre-Tribulation Rapture Camp.
5. I believe early Jewish books not in the Canon have value, i.e. The Book of Enoch, Gad the Seer, the Apocalypse of Ezra, et al.
6. I am happily married.
7. I am technical/scientific by degree and work experience.
8. I am license to carry concealed weapons and frequently do.
9. I am an avid reader.
10. I am a big fan of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead (Al Gore supporters).
I'm a big fan of Bad Lip Reading. They did a good job on GoT and Walking Dead. You should see it.