New International PerVersion

Truster

It should be noted that I am talking about translations and not paraphrase not literal translations not dynamic equivalents and not functional equivalent versions.

Daniel1611

Nobody on here has ever quoted the KJV 1611 version of scripture to me. If they are KJV optimists they are usually unaware that they are quoting the 1875 version.

This is the most infurriating of all the lies about God's word in English. The KJV 1611 and the KJV 1769 revision are exactly the same words. Just some different spellings as spelling became standardized mostly in the 18th century.

If I quoted the 1611, it would be the same words, except with now standardized spellings.

The modern Versions, on the other hand, change actual words every 2 years when they make a new version.

StanJ

It should be noted that I am talking about translations and not paraphrase not literal translations not dynamic equivalents and not functional equivalent versions.

This shows you know very little about languages, as the KJV IS a formally equivalent translation, unless you really think Elizabethan English was used before it even existed?

StanJ

There is not a single expert at 'Dallas Theological Seminary' that is worth their weight in excrement.
NEXT!

stock-photo-or-cow-feces-on-the-earth-cow-manure-is-a-natural-organic-fertilizer-167023163.jpg

StanJ

Our beloved KJV Only brothers make their living off text with no contexts. It also is how they keep Sons and Daughters of God bound in sin consciousness.

Not just them...I think you'll find a lot of people on TOL don't bother with context and continually RIP verses out of context, for their own eisegetical use. :nono:

Truster

That is an absolutely fallacious assertion. The only modern bibles taken from the KJV is the NKJV, and the NWT.
It would be appreciated when you make assertions that you cite some facts.

I include translations into other languages. All those that use the term 'gospel' are taken from the KJV, but all those that use the correct term Evangelium or the equivalent are usually taken from the original languages.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It would seem, as most KJV Only followers do, you are making an idol and god out of your idea of the perfect translation. Please stop elevating a translation above Jesus Christ.

One of the largest errors in the KJV is one simple word found in Gal 2.16, which causes one of the most strongest deceptions in the church today.

The word is underlined and in red below. Only the KJV & AV1611 use this word. Most if not all other translations, including the NKJV use the correct word, which is underlined in dark blue.

Galatians 2:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of [a]the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of [c]the Law no [d]flesh will be justified.

Friend, that simple and often overlooked use of 1 very simple words has perverted the Gospel since 1611.

I know many, many KJV only believers that also state it is the faith of Jesus that saves them and that is not taught anywhere in the Bible. It is our faith in what Jesus did at the cross and that he was buried and that he rose again that saves us.

verb (used without object), justified, justifying.
Law.

to qualify as bail or surety.

Picture this.

Adam is imprisoned in a flesh body of death.

Proof of this is in the fact that Adam had faith, but his faith was dead.

He was not deceived but he did not have the kind of faith to please God.

So how's he gonna make bail or in other words get justified get set free.

Answer is he aint.

He's got no cash.

So Jesus Christ and his faith in God that pleases God makes him the bail or justification for Adam.

Christ became the bail by his faith and paid the price at his death.

So then when we first believe in him we are bailed out by the faith of Christ.

That verse is about justification for Adam.

We are saved by hope, the redemption of our bodies,The Holy Spirit is a downpayment on that hope, guiding, teaching and quickening our mortal bodies.

I dont know what yer thinkin' but if Adam could have believed Christ, why didn't he do it when he could touch him and talk to him?

I'll tell yuh why.

Because Adam was a natural man whose spirit was guided by his touch taste, feel flesh body.

Until God gives a person of his spirit to commune with our spirit one cannot experience being sons of God.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't do one bit of good to demonize any of our bibles. Even the KJV has over a hundred mistakes in it. When unbelievers see Christians badmouth one another and our bibles, it makes us look hypocritical to them. The Christian Expositor starts out in their opening statement saying,

"Non-christians are welcome to these pages. You will find an honest appraisal of problems within the church"...

Why are Christians so ready to point out what the problems are within the church? Why is discrediting the church a priority? Why expose to the world how bad it is in their personal view? They call this "righteous judgments."

If you search the New Living translation of the bible on googles first page of links I read "the NLT is straight from hell."

Why are so many Christians bent on promoting a church and bible gone bad? Is that the message we should be sending unbelievers?

Too many of God's people are too quick to badmouth the church not realizing the spiritual ramifications it creates. It's no wonder there are more divisions in Christianity than in Islam, and why more people are converting to Islam than Christianity.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
It doesn't do one bit of good to demonize any of our bibles. Even the KJV has over a hundred mistakes in it. When unbelievers see Christians badmouth one another and our bibles, it makes us look hypocritical to them. The Christian Expositor starts out in their opening statement saying,

"Non-christians are welcome to these pages. You will find an honest appraisal of problems within the church"...

Why are Christians so ready to point out what the problems are within the church? Why is discrediting the church a priority? Why expose to the world how bad it is in their personal view? They call this "righteous judgments."

If you search the New Living translation of the bible on googles first page of links I read "the NLT is straight from hell."

Why are so many Christians bent on promoting a church and bible gone bad? Is that the message we should be sending unbelievers?

Too many of God's people are too quick to badmouth the church not realizing the spiritual ramifications it creates. It's no wonder there are more divisions in Christianity than in Islam, and why more people are converting to Islam than Christianity.

You picked a good name for yourself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
verb (used without object), justified, justifying.
Law.

to qualify as bail or surety.

Picture this.

Adam is imprisoned in a flesh body of death.

Proof of this is in the fact that Adam had faith, but his faith was dead.

He was not deceived but he did not have the kind of faith to please God.

So how's he gonna make bail or in other words get justified get set free.

Answer is he aint.

He's got no cash.

So Jesus Christ and his faith in God that pleases God makes him the bail or justification for Adam.

Christ became the bail by his faith and paid the price at his death.

So then when we first believe in him we are bailed out by the faith of Christ.

That verse is about justification for Adam.

We are saved by hope, the redemption of our bodies,The Holy Spirit is a downpayment on that hope, guiding, teaching and quickening our mortal bodies.

I dont know what yer thinkin' but if Adam could have believed Christ, why didn't he do it when he could touch him and talk to him?

I'll tell yuh why.

Because Adam was a natural man whose spirit was guided by his touch taste, feel flesh body.

Until God gives a person of his spirit to commune with our spirit one cannot experience being sons of God.

So, what say you ? Faith of or in ?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So, what say you ? Faith of or in ?

Galatians 2:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I'm right with the author in that the NIV butchered essential truths that would have come out in a more literal rendering, ignoring whole sentence clauses in the BH and RT.

Where I'm not with the author, is in the implicit assumption that the KJV is some perfect standard that the NIV should be held up to.

Luke,

I don't know how much reading you can tolerate but have a look at Dr. Thomas Holland's Manuscript Evidence Class here

Most authors attack the "gloss" of translations and seldom the root.
I have read this guy extensively and he has, in my opinion, the best attitude toward the translation issue of anyone I know.

He says things like; "The Bible is not inspired". At first glance this seems heretical but his explanation is superbly simple. It was the men who were inspired and the result was an inerrant text.
2Pet 1:21KJV 2Tim 3:16KJV

The only question left to be decide, then, is: Where does the original text reside? Is it destroyed and needs to be reconstructed by modern man? Or has God preserved it in all generations?