New International PerVersion

Daniel1611

Really...where does He say this in His word, or better yet which manuscript?

All scripture is God breathed. That's what it says. And now we are back to the heart of the issue. The devotees of corrupt Bibles don't believe that there is a preserved inerrant word of God. So why do you bother to read it at all?

I have the preserved words of God in English in my King James Bible. I accept no cheap imitations that attack the deity of Christ. I will throw the NIV Non-Inspired Version in the garbage where it belongs.

The Non-Inspired Version NIV

Nefarious Lying Translation . NLT

Not Authentic Scripture Book NASB

Extremely Stupid Version ESV

They're all garbage.

StanJ

All scripture is God breathed. That's what it says. And now we are back to the heart of the issue. The devotees of corrupt Bibles don't believe that there is a preserved inerrant word of God. So why do you bother to read it at all?

I have the preserved words of God in English in my King James Bible. I accept no cheap imitations that attack the deity of Christ. I will throw the NIV Non-Inspired Version in the garbage where it belongs.

Typical avoidance on your part to a very simple and direct question.

Paul was speaking about the OT but that's another story for another day.

I read it because it's true, and as Paul was speaking about the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures, I can easily discount the error riddled KJV.

What you have is an error ridden bad 400+ year old translation. Nothing more. What you also have is a deluded opinion that ALL KJVOers have, which contains not substance or even reason at all. You are as cultic as ANY cult that manifests itself here.

kiwimacahau

I read it because it's true, and as Paul was speaking about the original Greek and Hebrew scriptures, I can easily discount the error riddled KJV.

What you have is an error ridden bad 400+ year old translation. Nothing more. What you also have is a deluded opinion that ALL KJVOers have, which contains not substance or even reason at all. You are as cultic as ANY cult that manifests itself here.

Indeed. Never mind that the NIV, NASB, NLT and ESV are all better translations than the KJV.

Daniel1611

You believe the Bible is true? Lol. Which one????

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
King James Version and other translation and versions...

As long as you keep poking and prodding the other translations and versions, you draw the post readers to those translations and version to read them.

As long as you keep beating people up over the other translations and versions that they read, they will keep reading all the more.

The longer you keep deriding the other translations and version, the less others will value your opinion when it counts.

I would think that if you are going to compare KJV against other translations and versions you would at least give chapter and verse and show where KJV is superior to all others even before the KJV was brought into being.

Yes, you are allowed your own opinion about the other translations and versions, so post away, you've lost me as a reader of the thread, and that is no big deal. With you not giving constructive posts and replies it is not worth following.

Truster

Nobody on here has ever quoted the KJV 1611 version of scripture to me. If they are KJV optimists they are usually unaware that they are quoting the 1875 version.

HisServant

WOW... this tread about Satan's Bible (the KJV) is still active.

Never has there been a translation that has so divided christians and promoted such crazy eschatologies as has the KJV... Christ is all about unity.. the KJV is all about division and in-fighting.

It's obvious where the KJV belongs... the trash heap.

Truster

Never has there been a translation that has so divided christians and promoted such crazy eschatologies as has the KJV... Christ is all about unity.. the KJV is all about division and in-fighting.

Most modern translations are taken from the KJV.

2edgedsword

The Non-Inspired Version NIV

Nefarious Lying Translation . NLT

Not Authentic Scripture Book NASB

Extremely Stupid Version ESV

They're all garbage.

It would seem, as most KJV Only followers do, you are making an idol and god out of your idea of the perfect translation. Please stop elevating a translation above Jesus Christ.

One of the largest errors in the KJV is one simple word found in Gal 2.16, which causes one of the most strongest deceptions in the church today.

The word is underlined and in red below. Only the KJV & AV1611 use this word. Most if not all other translations, including the NKJV use the correct word, which is underlined in dark blue.

Galatians 2:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of [a]the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of [c]the Law no [d]flesh will be justified.

Friend, that simple and often overlooked use of 1 very simple words has perverted the Gospel since 1611.

I know many, many KJV only believers that also state it is the faith of Jesus that saves them and that is not taught anywhere in the Bible. It is our faith in what Jesus did at the cross and that he was buried and that he rose again that saves us.

HisServant

The KJV is nothing more than a revision of the Bishop's, Great and Geneva Bibles(in order of precedence).... it wasn't new work by any stretch of the imagination. King James put a lot of restrictions on the KJV translation committee to get the kind of translation he wanted and could have cared less about accuracy or the truth... his translation had to support the doctrines of HIS church and had to harmonize with IT'S doctrines.

The 14 restrictions he put on the revision committee(they did almost no translation work.. fyi) guaranteed it would be a bad translation before they even started.

2edgedsword

Well I have a bit more education then that, but I still can't get into the KJV.
I am also not a big fan of Shakespeare either. :cool:

Have you tried the ISV yet?

Hey Stan,
I have looked through the ISV briefly and I am still in deliberation about it :chuckle::chuckle:

Truster

The KJV is nothing more than a revision of the Bishop's, Great and Geneva Bibles(in order of precedence).... it wasn't new work by any stretch of the imagination. King James put a lot of restrictions on the KJV translation committee to get the kind of translation he wanted and could have cared less about accuracy or the truth... his translation had to support the doctrines of HIS church and had to harmonize with IT'S doctrines.

The 14 restrictions he put on the revision committee(they did almost no translation work.. fyi) guaranteed it would be a bad translation before they even started.

I am fully aware of what you have said. Now do you have a point you wish to make?

HisServant

I am fully aware of what you have said. Now do you have a point you wish to make?

My point is the the NIV.. at least from a translation and production point of view, was an attempt at an accurate translation from scratch using maybe new manuscripts that the men that translated the Geneva, Great and Bishops Bibles never had. It's also an attempt to translate things into contemporary English.

I had the pleasure of sitting through some lectures and sermons from a couple of professors that worked on the NIV translation (one of them was Raymond Dillard of Westminster Theological Seminary).. and i was amazed at just how they did not care about a particular doctrine or traditional translation of a text. Their goal was to make the best possible decision based on ALL the available evidence.

Most people that say the KJV is superior are measuring it by the doctrines developed using the KJV in the first place... its circular logic... they will go as far as trying to go back to the original languages and adding new definitions to Strong's etc to support their beliefs.

StanJ

That is an absolutely fallacious assertion. The only modern bibles taken from the KJV is the NKJV, and the NWT.
It would be appreciated when you make assertions that you cite some facts.

StanJ

I can't fully agree, but those people definitely need to be delivered from this lie of Satan.

Truster

That is an absolutely fallacious assertion. The only modern bibles taken from the KJV is the NKJV, and the NWT.
It would be appreciated when you make assertions that you cite some facts.

I have stated the facts, but you can twist them all you like.