New Feature ALERT!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK... I am adding so many new features i.e., User Reputations, Stars etc. I didn't want to start a new thread for every new feature so you can consider this thread the New Feature list. I will try to post all the new features in this thread.

Newest Features are:

QUICK STYLE SELECTOR.
There is a pull down menu on the bottom every page that allows you to change the style in which you are viewing TOL Current selectable styles are AquaStyle (that's the default) and ASDial-Up (for slow connections).

ACTIVE THREADS PAGE
I was going to combine the home page of TOL with the active page but I have decided to dedicate a page to active threads (more like the old TOL). Just click on the active link on the top left of each page. Now you can see a tad more detail and it displays 75 threads that are the most active.

USER REPUTATIONS
TOL now has a poster reputation system.

You will notice that each post has a small icon just next to the post number. If you hold you mouse over the icon you will see that it states.... "Add to users reputation". If you click that icon you can either approve or disapprove of that users post therefore increasing or decreasing the users reputation.

The small graphic under the each users post count graphically displays the users reputation status.

Also....
The longer you have been a TOL member, the more TOL posts you have and the better reputation you yourself has effects the amount you can effect other users reputations. There are also limitations that prevent you from picking on an individual member too much. Have fun and use your new power wisely!!!

TOP POSTERS LIST
The TOP 20 theologyonline.com posters list has been added back on the home page.

USER NOTES (subscriber only feature)
A subscriber, mod or admin can view another users profile and make and save notes about that user for future reference.

PROFILE PICTURES
Have you ever wished you could see what another poster looks like? Now you can! In your user CP you can upload a 100x100 pixel picture of yourself. It's the size of an avatar but only shows up in the your online profile page. That way we can keep our cool custom avatars yet also have a way to share what we look like.

TOP REPUTATIONS LIST
The TOL home page has a box on the right hand side that lists the 10 TOL members with the most reputation points.

RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION DESIGNATIONS
All new TOL users will be forced to select the religious affiliation that best describes them and this info will be viewable on every post they make just under their username. All current TOL members should update their user profile in their user CP to add their own designation.

POLITICAL SPECTRUM INDICATOR
All new TOL users will be forced to select the political spectrum indicator that best fits how they fit into the political spectrum. This info will be viewable on every post they make just under their username. All current TOL members should update their user profile in their user CP to add their own designation.

NEW AND IMPROVED SHOUTBOX
The ShoutBox is back and it's better than ever! You can make shouts from the home page, the active threads page, the forums main page and the expanded ShoutBox . As always shouting is a subscriber perk! The cool thing is now from the expanded ShoutBox users can filter out shouts by specified users or filter out all user shouts EXCEPT for a speficied user. All bb code, smilies work as normal. Now mods, and admions can click on a users name in the expanded ShoutBox and edit or delete that content. Knowing that the shoutbox was one of TOL's most loved features we made this new shout box better than ever!

NEW POLL OPTIONS

The new polling system at TOL is much like the old one except it has one new and very interesting feature. Poll creators can now choose to make the results of the poll public so everyone can see who voted and how they voted. Creating polls is still a Subscriber perk. Viewing the results of the poll is easy... just go to the poll and click and the number result you are interested in seeing.

NEW MEMBERSHIP AND SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
The premium membership system (subscriptions) has been completely reworked. We have also added a new free TOL membership option called "Registered PLUS". All the details on the new pricing and options can be found HERE.

LIST OF ALL TOL MEMBERS WHO HAVE LOGGED IN TODAY
This is a subscriber only feature. We have added a front page module which display a list of all the TOL members who have logged in today. This of course is different from the "Who's online" feature which only displays who is currently logged in. This module can be viewed from the TOL home page, bottom, middle.

FAT SAM'S ARCADE
Subscriber only feature.
TOL has become so much more than just a internet forum. TOL is family! And after a long day of debating flaming left wingers you might want to just relax! Fat Sam's arcade is now open! Set the high score! Or challenge others to a game! Space Invaders, helicopter challenge, snake, Asteroids, Tetris are all there and more games will be added soon! FAT SAM'S ARCADE

AUDIO, VIDEO AND FLASH ATTACHMENTS
Subscribers can now attach audio files (mp3, aif, aiff, wav), video files (mov, avi, mpg) and Flash files (.swf) to there messages. Files can be up to 2 megs in size. (Keep in mind the different level subscribers do have a overall attachment storage limitation of 5, 10 and 20 megs).

ENHANCED MESSAGE FORMATTING TOOLS
You can now select a new option that allows you to visually format your posts within the message composition window. To enable this new feature go to your user CP. Select "Edit Options", scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options", under Message Editor interface select "Enhanced Interface - full WYSIWYG editing", click "Save Changes". From then on when entering text in the message window you will be able to actually see your formatting changes in realtime and your smilies will appear in your message composition window. Smilies will be available to you via a pull down menu in the formatting tools window. Changing to this new formatting tool is only recommended for those who are using modern browsers and have a relatively fast internet connection. ENJOY!!!

Last edited:

erinmarie

I like both "styles" but I personally find the ASDial-Up easier to read, although I don't have a slow connection I have been using that one.

I thought you were going to bed Knight!!!!!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
erinmarie said:
I like both "styles" but I personally find the ASDial-Up easier to read, although I don't have a slow connection I have been using that one.

I thought you were going to bed Knight!!!!!!!
Are you kiddin'?

I am just getting started tonight!

Although I do have company over so I may have to pick back up later on.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In case you missed it....

In case you missed it....

USER REPUTATIONS
TOL now has a poster reputation system.

You will notice that each post has a small icon just next to the post number. If you hold you mouse over the icon you will see that it states.... "Add to users reputation". If you click that icon you can either approve or disapprove of that users post therefore increasing or decreasing the users reputation.

The small graphic under the each users post count graphically displays the users reputation status.

Also....
The longer you have been a TOL member, the more TOL posts you have and the better reputation you yourself has effects the amount you can effect other users reputations.

There are also limitations that prevent you from picking on an individual member too much.

Have fun and use your new power wisely!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Top Posters List

Top Posters List

TOP POSTERS LIST
The TOP 20 theologyonline.com posters list has been added back on the home page.

erinmarie

Knight said:
Are you kiddin'?

I am just getting started tonight!

Although I do have company over so I may have to pick back up later on.

I thought you had said you were going to bed in a different thread. It's bedtime here now, but I guess the night is still young for you!!!!! Timezones are confusing.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
AVTIVE THREADS PAGE
I was going to combine the home page of TOL with the active page but I have decided to dedicate a page to active threads (more like the old TOL). Just click on the active link on the top left of each page. Now you can see a tad more detail and it displays 75 threads that are the most active.

That's what I'm talkin' about! :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A subscriber, mod or admin can view another users profile and make and save notes about that user for future reference.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:

Notes? As in... Note to self... do not read this users posts since he is a complete waste of time?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
Notes? As in... Note to self... do not read this users posts since he is a complete waste of time?
Any type of note you desire!

Hint.... admin's, mods and subscribers can see the notes that are written about them. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PROFILE PICTURES
Have you ever wished you could see what another poster looks like? Now you can! In your user CP you can upload a 100x100 pixel picture of yourself. It's the size of an avatar but only shows up in the your online profile page. That way we can keep our cool custom avatars yet also have a way to share what we look like.

Click on my username and then select "View Public Profile" to see an example.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
PROFILE PICTURES

So are you on the right or the left? :D

If we ever get a gallery here, will all those pictures in the old gallery be saved to it?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
PROFILE PICTURES

Ok, I'm sure I'm looking right over it but how do we upload a picture on our profile page?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
Ok, I'm sure I'm looking right over it but how do we upload a picture on our profile page?
  1. Click User CP
  2. Click Edit Profile Picture
  3. Choose file and upload (100x100 pixels or smaller)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
  1. Click User CP
  2. Click Edit Profile Picture
  3. Choose file and upload (100x100 pixels or smaller)

I don't see an "edit profile picture" on my user cp options. I only see "edit profile" and when I click that I see nothing that would allow me to upload a picture.