New Covenant Commands, What Are They?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So then in the world there are millions of Jews,Israelis ect. (most live in Israel or the U.S.) is what is written in their hearts the same as whats in yours?

Yes, but the Bible tells us our hearts can be hardened, perverted, weakened, etc.

The more someone violates their conscience (the law written on their hearts), the more hardened the heart becomes, the more easy it becomes to do the wrong thing.

That's why Paul says don't get drunk, be filled with the Holy Spirit.

(Eph 5:18) Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

whitestone

Yes, but the Bible tells us our hearts can be hardened, perverted, weakened, etc.

The more someone violates their conscience (the law written on their hearts), the more hardened the heart becomes, the more easy it becomes to do the wrong thing.

That's why Paul says don't get drunk, be filled with the Holy Spirit.

(Eph 5:18) Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit,

So in ad70 those who were inside the city walls did they have the new covenant written in their hearts?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So in ad70 those who were inside the city walls did they have the new covenant written in their hearts?

Paul said they had a veil over their hearts, even when the OC was read.

(2 Cor 3:14-15) But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

whitestone

Paul said they had a veil over their hearts, even when the OC was read.

(2 Cor 3:14-15) But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

ok,today is Tuesday,February 9,2016 and as far as we can see those who follow the Jewish faith still do not believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah so they are still looking for one to come to fulfill this,,,,,are they to this day still "blinded in part"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ok,today is Tuesday,February 9,2016 and as far as we can see those who follow the Jewish faith still do not believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah so they are still looking for one to come to fulfill this,,,,,are they to this day still "blinded in part"?

No, they were blinded until the fullness of the Gentiles came, and that came in the first century.

Since 70AD the NC has fully been in place. In the NC there is no longer a distinction between Jew and Gentile.

The people today who call themselves Jews, are no different than any other Christ rejecting people today.

Today, if you reject Christ Jesus, you go to hell. Therefore a Jew who rejects Jesus Christ goes to hell just like a Muslim who rejects Jesus Christ.

whitestone

No, they were blinded until the fullness of the Gentiles came, and that came in the first century.

Since 70AD the NC has fully been in place. In the NC there is no longer a distinction between Jew and Gentile.

The people today who call themselves Jews, are no different than any other Christ rejecting people today.

Today, if you reject Christ Jesus, you go to hell. Therefore a Jew who rejects Jesus Christ goes to hell just like a Muslim who rejects Jesus Christ.

So anyone who "rejects Christ" does not have the new covenant written in their hearts,and anyone who confesses Jesus as the Christ "has the new covenant written in their hearts"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A covenant is an agreement between certain parties, a testament is a will. For Jesus it is his last will and testament that is efficacious for us.

The short covenant with Israel has not changed nor will it change.

whitestone

The new covenant came with Jesus who died for us for the forgiveness of our sins and that we would have the free gift of eternal life.

What commands are there in the new covenant? Do they differ at all from commands found in the old covenant, such as in the Law?

And see thats peculiar the exact way you worded this. I notice you are Jewish,whether in regards to being Jewish by faith or by Genealogy I no not.

It is not my intention slander you either way. I say this because many things are discussed in a Christian forum in regards to "Jews/Israel". I myself find it a little discomforting, the many opinions others hold about Jews/Israel and why is mine own genealogy,they also are speaking of me,lol.

That's the curious thing about this all as to what the new commandments will be/are,in regards to the time period of the first century a.d. In regards to this if the new covenant began in ad70 then the Jews who were in the siege in ad70 were not judged(day of the Lord) by the standard of the new covenant but rather they were judged according to the "old covenant",if the new covenant was in place (only) "after ad70"...

Again (if) the standard,qualifier in when the new covenant began is believing that Jesus is the Messiah,Lord,and the new covenant was in place (before) ad70 ,,,,"then the judgment day" of those under the new covenant has (also) already come".

Ben Masada

1 - The new covenant came with Jesus...

2 - who died for us for the forgiveness of our sins

3 - ...and that we would have the free gift of eternal life.

4 - What commands are there in the new covenant? Do they differ at all from commands found in the old covenant, such as in the Law?

1 - No, it did not. The New Covenant was established soon after the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon and the Mediator was the company of Ezra & Nehemiah.

2 - Jesus did not die for our sins because the Prophets of the Most High declared that no one is supposed to die for the sins of another. (Jeremiah 31:30; and Ezekiel 18:20)

3 - Eternal life is not a gift and could never be shared with man. That's the reason why Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Genesis 3:22) Eternal life belongs with HaShem only; hence it could not be shared with man.

4 - All the commandments in the New Covenant are absolutely the same. The difference is in the method of observance. What used to be in two tables of stone and had to be taught by priests, scribes and Levites, as well as Prophets, under the New Covenant, we no longer need any one to teach us about the Lord because now the Law is written in our own hearts. We have only to carry it out. (Jeremiah 31:34 and Deuteronomy 30:11-14)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everyone is to obey Jesus.

Heb. 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

God has spoken to us in His Son.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The New Covenant is yet FUTURE with the house of Israel and with the House of Judah.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

God will put His laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and He will be to them a God, and they shall be to Him a people! And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know Him, from the least to the greatest!

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

The new covenant came in Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A covenant is an agreement between certain parties, a testament is a will. For Jesus it is his last will and testament that is efficacious for us.

What are you talking about here?

Ben Masada

Jesus never took part in a covenant or testament as an individual but as
part of the People of Israel, though in absentia.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And see thats peculiar the exact way you worded this. I notice you are Jewish,whether in regards to being Jewish by faith or by Genealogy I no not.

It is not my intention slander you either way. I say this because many things are discussed in a Christian forum in regards to "Jews/Israel". I myself find it a little discomforting, the many opinions others hold about Jews/Israel and why is mine own genealogy,they also are speaking of me,lol.

That's the curious thing about this all as to what the new commandments will be/are,in regards to the time period of the first century a.d. In regards to this if the new covenant began in ad70 then the Jews who were in the siege in ad70 were not judged(day of the Lord) by the standard of the new covenant but rather they were judged according to the "old covenant",if the new covenant was in place (only) "after ad70"...

Again (if) the standard,qualifier in when the new covenant began is believing that Jesus is the Messiah,Lord,and the new covenant was in place (before) ad70 ,,,,"then the judgment day" of those under the new covenant has (also) already come".

If I am Jewish it is by religion, belief, and / or practice... and not birth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 - No, it did not. The New Covenant was established soon after the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon and the Mediator was the company of Ezra & Nehemiah.

2 - Jesus did not die for our sins because the Prophets of the Most High declared that no one is supposed to die for the sins of another. (Jeremiah 31:30; and Ezekiel 18:20)

3 - Eternal life is not a gift and could never be shared with man. That's the reason why Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Genesis 3:22) Eternal life belongs with HaShem only; hence it could not be shared with man.

4 - All the commandments in the New Covenant are absolutely the same. The difference is in the method of observance. What used to be in two tables of stone and had to be taught by priests, scribes and Levites, as well as Prophets, under the New Covenant, we no longer need any one to teach us about the Lord because now the Law is written in our own hearts. We have only to carry it out. (Jeremiah 31:34 and Deuteronomy 30:11-14)

I believe the new covenant came in Jesus Christ.