New Christian

musterion

I am ex southern baptist, but still believe that out of all the mainstream denominations, they come the closet to biblical truth.

Perhaps but, on the whole, they're slipping, quickly and badly and are not what they used to be. Just take a look at some of the shenanigans going on at Liberty University of late.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why did you leave the southern baptist? Is your church closer to the truths?

I think they are wrong about women in the church, they limit the Holy Spirit too much imo and often do not even teach on the Spirit, and i think they are wrong about limiting worship (in music ministry teaching no drums, and mostly piano and organ only in worship), i don't believe drinking is a sin nor do i believe the fallacy that the wine Christ made was non alcoholic. I dont think water baptism is necessary for salvation.

I think they are awesome at leading people to Christ but bad at leading them afterward and leave too much to sink or swim.

Yes, i think so to your second question. I dont think any church is perfect though if that is what you are wondering.

I think they are wrong about women in the church, they limit the Holy Spirit too much imo and often do not even teach on the Spirit, and i think they are wrong about limiting worship (in music ministry teaching no drums, and mostly piano and organ only in worship), i don't believe drinking is a sin nor do i believe the fallacy that the wine Christ made was non alcoholic. I dont think water baptism is necessary for salvation.

I think they are awesome at leading people to Christ but bad at leading them afterward and leave too much to sink or swim.

Yes, i think so to your second question. I dont think any church is perfect though if that is what you are wondering.

I agree with your observations 100%. The sponsored offshoot of the SBC my wife and I attended was not your standard SBC. But the pastor moved his family to Kansas City and that was the end of this church. The pastor taught expositionally too, which is what I prefer. We tried one other SBC and the worship was pitiful.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
New Christian

I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself

which way I ought to believe.

Robert Sanders

1. Understand the Gospel of free grace salvation by propitiation.

2. Believe it.

3. Done

This is positional truth^^

Our walks in Christ do not alter our position in any way.

Practical truth is this; Our position gave our walk in Christ it's opportunity. We now are commanded to pick up our cross and walk in Christ but our sins post salvation do not affect our position.

Our goal is for our walk as Christians to be consistent with our position in Christ (eternal security). God provides gifts of the Spirit that are in operation at the local churches. Which is why we must attend church so that we can help one another with the gifts He provides to each one of us.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Whoa!...I didn't know that.

Welcome to TOL, Mr. Sanders! :wave: (I don't mean you Jack, though I'm pleased to meet you as well. Where've you been hiding that sunny face of yours?)

I didn't either. I'll need to stop reading my Bible cause I don't wanna be a baptists

WhollySchmitz

Robert, welcome! I am so glad you have gone this far to figure out what you believe. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

beloved57

rs

I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself

Your only hope friend is if you are one of God's Elect, Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World, everything else is false religion !

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Robert Sanders
If you're baptized in the Trinity, you're a Christian. Are you baptized?