New Christian

Robert Sanders

BANNED
Banned
I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself
which way I ought to believe.

Robert Sanders

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am in the process, of becoming a Christian.
Hi, Robert. Welcome to TOL.

I don't believe "becoming a Christian" is a "process" for us. Paul writes directly to us that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (although today it is not to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV).

Romans 1:16-17 KJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

When one trusts the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are saved and sealed.

the gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

You don't have to go anywhere, do anything, or necessarily say anything. God will save you right where you are no matter who you are or what you were doing while you were there (Romans 5:6 KJV) when you trust Him believing the good news that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. All of the work necessary to save you was accomplished through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi, Robert. Welcome to TOL.

I don't believe "becoming a Christian" is a "process" for us. Paul writes directly to us that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (although today it is not to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV).

Romans 1:16-17 KJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

When one trusts the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are saved and sealed.

the gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

You don't have to go anywhere, do anything, or necessarily say anything. God will save you right where you are no matter who you are or what you were doing while you were there (Romans 5:6 KJV) when you trust Him believing the good news that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. All of the work necessary to save you was accomplished through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Excellent post!

Lightman

I have heard it said that the early disciples weren't called Christians until a short time after the time of Christ. They were first called Christians to make fun of them, as they were little Christs. Therefore, the Bible probably says more about "salvation" than "Christianity".

Salvation seems to be a process. The Bible explains we can be "born again", "enter the kingdom of heaven" or "become a new creation". This is the start of the journey, where people might say you "became a christian". However, salvation is also a process. We have to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling". Ultimately, the Bible talks about God "completing the work he began in us".

So, you could argue whether "becoming a christian" is theologically correct. I think the important thing is to try and find where we are on the journey and whether we have actually started off and if we have started off in the right direction.

Hope this helps

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL.
I'm glad to hear you will listen to all points of view, compare them with scripture, and decide for yourself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcome-4.gif

musterion

I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself which way I ought to believe.

Robert Sanders

Welcome.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

That's really all there is to it!

I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself

Robert Sanders

You've come to a place with a variety of believers and non-believers. Welcome.

One Eyed Jack

Robert Sanders

Anybody who reads their Bible, a lot, eventually becomes a Baptist.
;)

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Robert Sanders

Welcome to Christian world. I would like to suggest to read Jesus' word over and over instead of asking around other Christians about Christianity.

You confuse yourself if you do that. There are tons and tons of Christianity practiced. Jesus is the best source to know about true Christianity.
Christianity is all about Jesus and His teachings. Jesus is the perfect teacher to teach us how to serve God and Jesus.

I hope that you strive to be true to Jesus with all you do. Jesus expects our commitment to Him when we confess to be His followers.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
There are two kind's of Christains here, one on God's time and the other on man's time. Neither gets along well on here.

I'm on God's time.

Lon

Robert Sanders
Hi Robert. This particular website can be rough at times compared to others. We are more geared here toward debate than discipleship so I'm not sure if we encourage young believers to participate or not. It isn't for the weak but welcome to the faith!

In Him,

Lon