NBA 2015-16

SonOfCaleb

Your post is full of so much fail. Barkely is one of the more honest people that talk about the NBA.

No touch rules came about in the 90's specifically to let Jordan win. Because he got worked in the 80s.
Which bit? The bit where i said Charles is right? Or the bit where i said the 72-10 bulls would destroy GS? Or that Stern ruined the NBA with his non touch rules that didn't really exist in the 90s compared to this era?

Are you really going to tell me the wars Jordan had with the Heat or Knicks in the 90s are comparable to today's game?
90's B Ball was way more physical than today's game period. That's an empirical fact.

I suggest you go back and watch Chicago/Pacers reruns and remember how much the game has changed from the 90's to now.

SonOfCaleb

I loved Jordan, but I tend to agree.
I think the star players have always gotten calls.

Of course they have, unless it was Shaq :) But that still doesn't detract from the fact that today's game isnt a fraction as physical as the 90s. The same way the 90's wasn't as physical as the 80's.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The bit where i said Charles is right?

The bit of saying he is usually wrong. He is a candid person.

Or the bit where i said the 72-10 bulls would destroy GS?

Yep.

Or that Stern ruined the NBA with his non touch rules that didn't really exist in the 90s compared to this era?

Yep. Check your facts. I responded with direct information. Nobody was allowed to even get near Jordan, and they often just let him have the shot. The 90's Bulls, the best of them, do not deserve to be treated as an elite dynasty. I wonder if you hold baseball players and PEDs to the same standards.

Are you really going to tell me the wars Jordan had with the Heat or Knicks inthe 90s are comparable to today's game?

Wars? Are you a millennial? I guess you don't know about the New York Bricks.

90's B Ball was way more physical than today's game period.

Not for Jordan. I suggest you go and watch Jordan and the Bulls when he came out. His career starts in 1984, not the 90s.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the star players have always gotten calls.

They did. Darell Garretson said he gave Magic Johnson the benefit of the doubt because Magic didn't complain. This in no way comes close to the utter nonsense of Jordan on the court. Garretson was the other official in the game not named Earl Strom when the real wars took place between the Lakers and Celtics of the 80s.

The Berean

I won't get into which team is/was better. It's too early in the season to talk about such things IMO. But I will say that Barkely is a terrible basketball analyst and any commentary he makes is wrong and useless. Last year he went on an on how the Warriors were not the best team and they wouldn't win the NBA championship. Well, Barkely looked even more stupid than usual after the Warriors won the title. :p

477380340_master.jpg

4ff386a0-7d9f-11e5-bfa0-397d8a723aa1_barkleyzing.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But I will say that Barkely is a terrible basketball analyst and any commentary he makes is wrong and useless.

Charles has already picked the Spurs to win it this year.

I like Charles, but I think he's a little bitter that he never won a championship.

The Berean

Charles has already picked the Spurs to win it this year.
Yes, I know.

I like Charles, but I think he's a little bitter that he never won a championship.

For some reason last year he decided to just hate on the Warriors. He kept repeating the same inaccurate mantra that the Warriors were just a jump shooting team. They were not. Even after it was explained to him that the Warriors were one of he best inside scoring teams in the NBA he still kept spouting his nonsense.

And Barkely had his shot at an NBA title and he lost.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And Barkely had his shot at an NBA title and he lost.

He played with Dr. J, Maurice Cheeks, and Moses Malone when he was with the 76'ers, but they could never get past Larry Bird and the Celtics when Barkely was there early in his career, and then the 76'ers couldn't get past the Bulls in Barkley's latter years with the 76'ers

Then he went to Phoenix and lost to Jordan and the Bulls in the Finals. Then he couldn't get past Olajuwon and the Rockets to even get to the finals, so he left the Suns to join the Rockets. Then when he was with the Rockets, they couldn't get past Stockton and Malone and the Jazz.

He kept trying to chase a championship by jumping to other teams. It didn't work out for him, and he's bitter about it.

The Berean

Even if Barkely is bitter about not winning a title why is he so negative about the Warriors? It makes no sense. I think Barkely just likes being a contrarian just to be different.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Curry definitely has a better outside shot that AI, but there has never been a better 6'-0" player that could drive to the hoop and dunk like AI.

I am more impressed by a 6 foot player that can drive and score and cannot dunk. Chuck Nevitt could dunk. So what.

The Berean

So I'll ask, can the Warriors win 73 games this season? They'd have to go 48-8 the rest of the way. Last season the Warriors were 45-11 through the first 56 games and they were 44-12 in their last 56 games.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So I'll ask, can the Warriors win 73 games this season? They'd have to go 48-8 the rest of the way. Last season the Warriors were 45-11 through the first 56 games and they were 44-12 in their last 56 games.

They can do it. The only games they will be underdogs will be at San Antonio.

SonOfCaleb

The bit of saying he is usually wrong. He is a candid person.

Thats my opinion which im entitled too.

Yep. Check your facts. I responded with direct information. Nobody was allowed to even get near Jordan, and they often just let him have the shot. The 90's Bulls, the best of them, do not deserve to be treated as an elite dynasty.

I don't need to. I watched plenty of B Ball through the 90s to recall what i saw. As i said already its patently obvious 90s NBA basketball was more physical than today's game which was my point.

Wars? Are you a millennial? I guess you don't know about the New York Bricks.

My illustration obviously went over your head..... I only happen to live up on 125th in Harlem once a year....I reckon i know a thing or two about the NY 'Bricks'..

Not for Jordan. I suggest you go and watch Jordan and the Bulls when he came out. His career starts in 1984, not the 90s.

Again irrelevant. I'm talking about the entire era. You're talking about one player. So in actuality you agreed with most of what i said, are splitting hairs over semantics/difference of opinion which clearly doesn't equate to a post "full of fail".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was an ugly win for the Warriors. The Bucks played with a lot of energy. But the Warriors go to 26-1.

As early as it is, I don't think I am going out on a limb and saying it will be Golden State and Cleveland again. And Cleveland has a chance if they don't have injuries again.