Nang's awsome rebuttals and vocabulary

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not as humble as I should be, and I find stupidity especially annoying. And when I see stupid people insulting intelligent people who are friends of mine, I get really ticked off.

Do Nang and I agree all the time? Not at all. Nang will tell you as much. We actually had one particularly serious disagreement awhile back, but we worked through it.

But, when a person is actually intelligent, and is surrounded by chattering morons who think they are intelligent, it is not easy to be civil, doubly when those people endorse evil while claiming the name of Christ.

I have a number of issues, honestly. I don't think you're capable of understanding them. I prefer to discuss them with other Christian libertarians, or at least people who are broadly close to that category. Neocons and liberals are incapable of understanding what I deal with because they quite frankly aren't intelligent enough.

You "Think" to highly of yourself! Far more than the rest of us do (about you!)

Christian Liberty

Close but not there. You added to his reasons. Our tanks defended his homeland during Desert Shield. That is why. He was already a jihadist, but this turned his attention to us. There is no imperialism of the USA, especially not in the Kingdom.

The US has bases in Saudi Arabia, which is considered Islamic Holy Land. The US defends Israel, which is considered unthinkable by the Muslim countries in the area since the way they see it Israel stole the land from Palestine (and yes, I get that that's not quite accurate, its more complex than that.) The US bombed people in Middle Eastern countries, spreading massive amounts of death. They do have valid reasons to be ticked off. The problem with them is that they are just like the United States, and they fail to distinguish between combatants and non-combatants.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The US has bases in Saudi Arabia, which is considered Islamic Holy Land. The US defends Israel, which is considered unthinkable by the Muslim countries in the area since the way they see it Israel stole the land from Palestine (and yes, I get that that's not quite accurate, its more complex than that.) The US bombed people in Middle Eastern countries, spreading massive amounts of death. They do have valid reasons to be ticked off. The problem with them is that they are just like the United States, and they fail to distinguish between combatants and non-combatants.

Did anyone ever tell you that you're, quite annoying? Well, I just did!

Nang

TOL Subscriber

We had family who lived in Saudi Arabia for decades (husband was a Standard Oil executive) starting back in the 1950s, but they had to live in a walled compound, under prohibition of mingling with the populace in any way, shape, or form. Their provisions were controlled and no "Jewish" products were permitted for use. Their children had to leave country for any and all education. Their presence was merely tolerated; never welcomed. They were treated as a necessary evil by the Saudis.

Christian Liberty

We had family who lived in Saudi Arabia for decades (husband was a Standard Oil executive) starting back in the 1950s, but they had to live in a walled compound, under prohibition of mingling with the populace in any way, shape, or form. Their provisions were controlled and no "Jewish" products were permitted for use. Their children had to leave country for any and all education. Their presence was merely tolerated; never welcomed. They were treated as a necessary evil by the Saudis.

To be clear, I'm not trying to defend Saudi culture. I don't like Islam at all. But, to paraphrase a pastor I know "what they need is to have Bibles dropped on them, not bombs." The way to spread Christian culture through these countries is through persuasion, never force. Will it always work? No, of course not. But force WILL NOT work and its also an unbiblical method, IMO. I don't like the fact that they think we're infidels and that they support Sharia Law, but I also don't think its our business to jam western, Christian values down their throats. I also don't think its our job to meddle militarily in the region, even if their government goes along with it.

And when we do that, we shouldn't be surprised when it ticks some people off.

Not saying you disagree with any of that, just wanted to point it out

Nang

TOL Subscriber
To be clear, I'm not trying to defend Saudi culture. I don't like Islam at all. But, to paraphrase a pastor I know "what they need is to have Bibles dropped on them, not bombs." The way to spread Christian culture through these countries is through persuasion, never force. Will it always work? No, of course not. But force WILL NOT work and its also an unbiblical method, IMO. I don't like the fact that they think we're infidels and that they support Sharia Law, but I also don't think its our business to jam western, Christian values down their throats. I also don't think its our job to meddle militarily in the region, even if their government goes along with it.

And when we do that, we shouldn't be surprised when it ticks some people off.

Not saying you disagree with any of that, just wanted to point it out

And I am not posting disagreement with you . . .

Just anecdotal evidence that American presence is indeed resented in their country and they work hard to prohibit any taint of their culture.

Christian Liberty

And I am not posting disagreement with you . . .

Just anecdotal evidence that American presence is indeed resented in their country and they work hard to prohibit any taint of their culture.

Absolutely. And if we are resented there, why would we want to go over there, tick them off, provoke them into attacking us (I understand the response is disproportionate, but still) and then go to war and kill their people all the while taking liberty from Americans to do it when they do what we should have expected them to do? There's nothing Christian about it. Its sad that so many here think that there is.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Absolutely. And if we are resented there, why would we want to go over there, tick them off, provoke them into attacking us (I understand the response is disproportionate, but still) and then go to war and kill their people all the while taking liberty from Americans to do it when they do what we should have expected them to do? There's nothing Christian about it. Its sad that so many here think that there is.

Agreed . . .

It seems ( to Jim and I), that the 911 attack provided excuse to give vent to a personal vendetta (Bush vs Hussein), while providing an opening to increase defense of Zionism at the same time; strictly for political purposes, and not Godly motives at all.

But I am not too much into this stuff . . .

All I can conclusively determine (according to my simplistic and limited knowledge of it all), is that our past military tactics have solved nothing, but only escalated hostilities between the two cultures.

And I grieve for all the innocent collateral damage that has been done to both sides.

Christian Liberty

Agreed . . .

It seems ( to Jim and I), that the 911 attack provided excuse to give vent to a personal vendetta (Bush vs Hussein), while providing an opening to increase defense of Zionism at the same time; strictly for political purposes, and not Godly motives at all.

But I am not too much into this stuff . . .

All I can conclusively determine (according to my simplistic and limited knowledge of it all), is that our past military tactics have solved nothing, but only escalated hostilities between the two cultures.

And I grieve for all the innocent collateral damage that has been done to both sides.

That sounds about right to me:)

bybee

(((( There is nothing said in here that can even be discussed with GOD ))))!!!
((( S-O-O-O!!!! ))) - I'll Just watch YOUR "N-E-W-S"!!! - I Love what's Coming to YOU ALL, Don't YOU!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 011615

I am grateful that God Loves me.

Letsargue

I am grateful that God Loves me.

( You Can Not Prove God said that TO YOU!!!!!!

And God Did Not. - If God did Not say that to "YOU", then you are Commenting the Worse SIN of ALL!!! ( "Baring False Witness of Christ" )!!

Paul 011615

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

And God Did Not. - If God did Not say that to "YOU", then you are Commenting the Worse SIN of ALL!!! ( "Baring False Witness of Christ" )!!

Paul 011615

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

bybee

Paul 011615

I don't have to prove anything to you.

Letsargue

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 3:16 KJV>> -- Has Nothing to do With "YOU" or Today's World //// ((( "AGE" / "AGE"))), NOT EARTH!!!! - World IS "AGE", Not Earth!!!

YES, God did LOVE - The - "FIRST AGE", The "Garden of Even" and gave His ( "ONLY BEGOTTEN" SON THEN!! ), Not Six thousand years LATER!!!
(( Genesis 3:10 KJV ))>>-- The "VOICE" Was the Only Begotten SON, and was the Only one who DIED Coming Out of the Garden to place a Closed DOOR at the EXIT of the Garden!! -- READ IT!!!!

( AND )
Romans 5:8 KJV>> -- IS Not to You "OR" This (( "AGE" / "AGE" Either )), or People!!!! - Romans 5:8 KJV>> "WAS" -- TO the ROMANS Back Then!!! - Read that TOO!!!!!

That's WHAT GOD Says. You ALL Do Nothing BUT Make up your Own Nonsense of YOUR Own "TIME", Which Is a LIE, and none of You CAN PROVE Other-wise / "WISE"!!!
((( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV )))>> ( PROVE Everything )!!!!! But NO, YOU ALL Don't have to, to see your own - "NOTHING"!!!!!

Paul -- 011615

Letsargue

John 3:16 KJV>> -- Has Nothing to do With "YOU" or Today's World //// ((( "AGE" / "AGE"))), NOT EARTH!!!! - World IS "AGE", Not Earth!!!

YES, God did LOVE - The - "FIRST AGE", The "Garden of Even" and gave His ( "ONLY BEGOTTEN" SON THEN!! ), Not Six thousand years LATER!!!
(( Genesis 3:10 KJV ))>>-- The "VOICE" Was the Only Begotten SON, and was the Only one who DIED Coming Out of the Garden to place a Closed DOOR at the EXIT of the Garden!! -- READ IT!!!!

( AND )
Romans 5:8 KJV>> -- IS Not to You "OR" This (( "AGE" / "AGE" Either )), or People!!!! - Romans 5:8 KJV>> "WAS" -- TO the ROMANS Back Then!!! - Read that TOO!!!!!

That's WHAT GOD Says. You ALL Do Nothing BUT Make up your Own Nonsense of YOUR Own "TIME", Which Is a LIE, and none of You CAN PROVE Other-wise / "WISE"!!!
((( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV )))>> ( PROVE Everything )!!!!! But NO, YOU ALL Don't have to, to see your own - "NOTHING"!!!!!

Paul -- 011615

I'M Getting OFF This Stupid Thread, it has NOTHING To Do With GOD!!

If Anyone wants to Talk GOD, do it some where else HERE, Not this kind of Garbage places!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 011615