Nang's awsome rebuttals and vocabulary

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
I'm still not sure if my "sorry" was sarcastic or not. You're making me feel like it was.

I'd assume you were more intelligent when you were in the womb than you are now. And I am not sorry for saying that. Its actually incredibly generous, I'm not assuming you were always as stupid as you are today.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Right or wrong?

bybee

Wrong. Sometimes the truth hurts.

You're a wanna-be murderer of millions, so you have no right to lecture me about morals.

You are very young and growing younger by the minute!
Therefore, you have no business lecturing your elders about morals.
If you possessed even a smidgen of wisdom you would listen carefully and sort through the words of your elders. Ask questions and even present your views but do not display so much youthful incivility.
It is unbecoming.
You do show promise so I am prepared to go easy on you.

Christian Liberty

You are very young and growing younger by the minute!
Therefore, you have no business lecturing your elders about morals.
If you possessed even a smidgen of wisdom you would listen carefully and sort through the words of your elders. Ask questions and even present your views but do not display so much youthful incivility.
It is unbecoming.
You do show promise so I am prepared to go easy on you.

bybee: Shortly before my last ban Tambora advocated using nuclear weapons on entire Muslim countries. The person I was talking to was advocating the murder of millions. And then she has the nerve to lecture me on being "nice."

Its honestly quite laughable.

Note that I was only talking to her. Not to you. I did not mean any disrespect to you.

bybee

bybee: Shortly before my last ban Tambora advocated using nuclear weapons on entire Muslim countries. The person I was talking to was advocating the murder of millions. And then she has the nerve to lecture me on being "nice."

Its honestly quite laughable.

Note that I was only talking to her. Not to you. I did not mean any disrespect to you.

You might consider the unrelenting agenda of Islamic extremists to utterly destroy the people and Nation of Israel. It has been stated that the goal is "The death of every Israeli man, woman and child".
Further the Quran specifically states that the offer of conversion to Islam must be made. If refused "Death to the Infidel".
The merciless slaughter of all who dare to differ even on small points leads one to the conclusion that there is no sitting down to the table to negotiate peaceful settlements.
Sometimes ruthlessness must be met with ruthlessness.

Christian Liberty

You might consider the unrelenting agenda of Islamic extremists to utterly destroy the people and Nation of Israel. It has been stated that the goal is "The death of every Israeli man, woman and child".
Further the Quran specifically states that the offer of conversion to Islam must be made. If refused "Death to the Infidel".
The merciless slaughter of all who dare to differ even on small points leads one to the conclusion that there is no sitting down to the table to negotiate peaceful settlements.
Sometimes ruthlessness must be met with ruthlessness.

This is a lack of understanding of the real situation. Watch this, it would be a good start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIDCGy9V9mw

A good next step would be to look at why Bin Laden attacked the Twin Towers. While it was an unjustifiable act of mass murder, he did have a reason for doing it. Its not as simple as "they hate everyone who isn't Muslim."

It is not our job to protect Israel. Doubly so not by nuking millions of people.

bybee

This is a lack of understanding of the real situation. Watch this, it would be a good start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIDCGy9V9mw

A good next step would be to look at why Bin Laden attacked the Twin Towers. While it was an unjustifiable act of mass murder, he did have a reason for doing it. Its not as simple as "they hate everyone who isn't Muslim."

It is not our job to protect Israel. Doubly so not by nuking millions of people.

There is always a reason for one's words or deeds.

Christian Liberty

There is always a reason for one's words or deeds.

Of course. And I'm not saying those reasons justify the actions. But I am saying that the United States is guilty of its fair share of destructive, murderous action in the Middle East. Its not like some radical Muslims just woke up one day in a vacuum and said "you know what? We'd really like to murder 3,000 Americans today because it would be fun." And though I don't know all the history about every event, I don't doubt Americans thought they could do some good when they intervened in the Middle East (though they were wrong.) Recognizing that the motives of the Islamic fundamentalists are somewhat complicated definitively rules out the kind of wholesale slaughter that we're talking about here. Even if the Muslims were completely and totally without reasons for doing what they did, however, its still immoral to kill civilians. Always.

I don't really think a Christian can disagree with me on that point. Either you believe life was made in God's image and thus is sacred and should not be deliberately taken without just cause, or you are a godless utilitarian who believes that its OK to destroy, murder, that which was made in God's image "for the greater good" even if the person in question did nothing to deserve death. This view is anti-Christian and I'm not really of the mindset that there are any saved people that hold to it.

bybee

Of course. And I'm not saying those reasons justify the actions. But I am saying that the United States is guilty of its fair share of destructive, murderous action in the Middle East. Its not like some radical Muslims just woke up one day in a vacuum and said "you know what? We'd really like to murder 3,000 Americans today because it would be fun." And though I don't know all the history about every event, I don't doubt Americans thought they could do some good when they intervened in the Middle East (though they were wrong.) Recognizing that the motives of the Islamic fundamentalists are somewhat complicated definitively rules out the kind of wholesale slaughter that we're talking about here. Even if the Muslims were completely and totally without reasons for doing what they did, however, its still immoral to kill civilians. Always.

I don't really think a Christian can disagree with me on that point. Either you believe life was made in God's image and thus is sacred and should not be deliberately taken without just cause, or you are a godless utilitarian who believes that its OK to destroy, murder, that which was made in God's image "for the greater good" even if the person in question did nothing to deserve death. This view is anti-Christian and I'm not really of the mindset that there are any saved people that hold to it.

Of course you are challenging the Almighty with this view. We are all deserving of death because we all die. Human life is finite by God's plan.
What matters is how we face the day.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It almost is. Without looking on google, I do not think you can answer why he did it.

Christian Liberty

It almost is. Without looking on google, I do not think you can answer why he did it.

Yes I can. He did it because he hated American imperialism and he was opposed to American bases on Islamic soil, and support for Israel (which he also saw as supporting an anti-Muslim nation on Islamic soil.)

Now, I am not denying Americans had reasons they could try to justify for doing those things, nor am I claiming that what he did was right. But, he wouldn't have attacked us if we had stuck with non-interventionism.

I use google to provide evidence, not because I actually need it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes I can. He did it because he hated American imperialism and he was opposed to American bases on Islamic soil, and support for Israel (which he also saw as supporting an anti-Muslim nation on Islamic soil.)

Close but not there. You added to his reasons. Our tanks defended his homeland during Desert Shield. That is why. He was already a jihadist, but this turned his attention to us. There is no imperialism of the USA, especially not in the Kingdom.