My fantasy. And a question for liberals

Granite

Hall of Fame
He won't.

How about they are responsible for themselves? Since when are you interested in countries helping other countries? You argue against all the time here.

For the same reason South Koreans care about North Koreans.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I think you know that's not what he was saying. The supreme law of our country is more than just "a document contrived in the 1700's." For better or for worse.

the supreme law of our country =/= our country

besides, the supreme law of our country is an abomination when it conflicts with God's Law

might be interesting to start a discussion on just what is "our country"

is it the land?

the people?

it's history and traditions?

Caledvwlch

the supreme law of our country =/= our country

Okay, I see your point.

besides, the supreme law of our country is an abomination when it conflicts with God's Law

That's why we derived its authority from the People, not from one of many hundreds of interpretations of what God's Law might be.

might be interesting to start a discussion on just what is "our country"

is it the land?

the people?

it's history and traditions?

Agreed.

fool

Hall of Fame
So what of those who are unable to procure employment, or just too sick to work? How would you ensure that everyone in the 'East' would be cared for in this little utopia of yours?

"Those who want to help the poor will not be stopped"-Ayn Rand
Did you read Atlas Shrugged?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by ok doser

That's why we derived its authority from the People, not from one of many hundreds of interpretations of what God's Law might be.

Or left-wing judicial activist interpretations of the Constitution that brought us Roe v Wade, Lawrence v Texas and as of late Obergefell v Hodges.

When exactly did "the People" give left-wing judicial activist judges the "authority" to override their respective State laws when it came to the subject of abortion and homosexuality?

(Thanks for setting this guy up for the proverbial "kill" res).

Caledvwlch

When exactly did "the People" give left-wing judicial activist judges the "authority" to override their respective State laws when it came to the subject of abortion and homosexuality?

Article 6, Clause 2.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

That isn't even an amendment. It was ratified by the states.

Christian Liberty

At least you're open about hating your country.:yawn:

Yeah, its entire foundations are wrong and the tree has been poisoned ever since. I honestly don't think Jefferson or the other "theonomists" here are really that theonomic on these types of issues, they're more just extreme right.

You are aware that the constitution that you hate so much gives the citizens of the United States unalienable rights that come from God?

No it doesn't. God gives us our rights. The constitution, by contrast, refuses to recognize Christ's Lordship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
nicholsmom as seen in the bold section of your copy and paste, is suggesting that mercy replace the rule of law. In the legal world that's considered anarchy Aaron.

Quote: Originally posted by someone named "nicholsmom"

Our government is one that protects the freedom of religious expression - within the bounds of lawful living. That means that Christians who think we need to set up our criminal justice system to match the one-time Israeli theocracy have no right to force that on those Christians who think we should let mercy guide judgment.

Should mercy replace judgment in our Judeo-Christian based criminal justice system Aaron?

(Aaron seems exceptionally angry tonight).

Why do you think that the woman who does your speaking for you used the word "mercy"? Mercy is only used in sentencing and has absolutely nothing to do with the type of criminal justice system this nation has.

Regarding nicholsmom's statement:

We decide together - and that includes people of all religions who are citizens - what will and will not become law

I see, so Christians and Jews should work together with Muslims and atheists/secular humanists to decide which laws work best for our society?

Heck, why should Christians work with Jews, for the same logic?

I don't think that's your main reason. I think your main reason is that, because you are a lefty, you are therefore a totalitarian unable to tolerate the mere thought of people actually living in and enjoying freedom. You don't want liberalism for yourself nearly as much as you want to deny conservatives of their desire to live they way they want. Just admit it.

Bob's shadowgov pretty clearly advocates centralization IIRC. I really want to go back to the Articles of Confederation. That would fix a lot of these issues. But I'm curious, would you give up your big military, national security state, and foreign interventions in an effort to set up a government that lives according to God's law? I'm not being rhetorical here, I want an answer.

While we're at it, what's your definition of "freedom"?

I see you are still an idiot. It is really hard to say anything positive to this nitwit. Others are evil. Well, so are you. But I just think you are dumb.

Go read up on sharia law then make that statement again.

Irrelevant. I wanted a BIBLICAL argument, not a practical one. Roman Catholic "worship" is just as abominable to God as Islam.

Christian Liberty

The odd thing, and I've said this before, is that in a theonomic state baptism is essential for citizenship, which means Mid-Acts dispensationalists wouldn't be able to be citizens.

This same principle applies to the civil covenant. Christians are not to be unequally yoked with non-Christians. There is only one way to achieve this goal: withdrawal from politics. The question is: Who should withdraw, covenant-keepers or covenant-breakers? Pietists answer that covenant-keepers should withdraw; biblical theocrats insist that covenant-breakers should withdraw. One side or the other must eventually exclude its rival. (Political pluralists argue that both groups can make a permanent political covenant.) The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church’s public marks of the covenant—baptism and holy communion—must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel. The way to achieve this political goal is through successful mass evangelism followed by constitutional revision.[1]

Gary North

Granite

Hall of Fame
The odd thing, and I've said this before, is that in a theonomic state baptism is essential for citizenship, which means Mid-Acts dispensationalists wouldn't be able to be citizens.

This same principle applies to the civil covenant. Christians are not to be unequally yoked with non-Christians. There is only one way to achieve this goal: withdrawal from politics. The question is: Who should withdraw, covenant-keepers or covenant-breakers? Pietists answer that covenant-keepers should withdraw; biblical theocrats insist that covenant-breakers should withdraw. One side or the other must eventually exclude its rival. (Political pluralists argue that both groups can make a permanent political covenant.) The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church’s public marks of the covenant—baptism and holy communion—must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel. The way to achieve this political goal is through successful mass evangelism followed by constitutional revision.[1]

Gary North

He's called Scary Gary for a reason.:p

Granite

Hall of Fame
Honestly I'm mostly just attacking the absurdity of dispensational theonomy here :p

But, he's not scary, he's right :p

I take it you've never met the man.:chuckle:

Keep in mind this was the guy who wrote a book on building bomb shelters following a war with the Soviets and who was rooting for Y2K.

The same guy who derides pre-tribbers as sensationalists and hysterics.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"Those who want to help the poor will not be stopped"-Ayn Rand
Did you read Atlas Shrugged?

was it on the mandatory reading list?

'cause if it's not on the mandatory reading list, i'm not gonna read it

Christian Liberty

My old man had a whole shelf of his dense and profoundly boring books. He was quite prolific.

I havent read his books so I can't speak for how entertaining they are to read. I can say that Bahnsen's Theonomy in Christian Ethics (which you've probably read) is profoundly interesting and not boring in the slightest :)