Mr. Religion and His Calvinistic Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

Peter saw Jesus perform miracles, and he still denied him after Gethsemane.

In fact, it wasn't until they saw him assume into Heaven that they became fearless- as that is what it took to turn their faith into knowing.

You all need to stop conflating faith with such.

Your words there are nothing but a failed attempt to prove that John and the Christians who received his first epistle did not really "know" that when the Lord Jesus appears that they will be like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

I quote verse after verse to you to prove my points and all you do is argue with your preconceived ideas in an attempt to try to prove that the plain meaning of the verses which I quote are in error.

All I can see from you is the fact that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do what the Scriptures actually say!

Sad to say, but that kind of faith saves no one!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION] how can you say there is no assurance in salvation when you teach irresistible grace?

I don't know where the issue is in the T the U the L the I or the P is, but that's not my bag anyways.

Crucible... it's done! It is finished. Please know from a person that scuffles with you, you have assurance of saving grace.

Jesus never sees the isms and skisms, but hears our plea for salvation.

You knock and He opens... game over... sing hallelujah and punch your preacher for me please.

Jerry Shugart

I was already fast asleep when this thread started.

As far as this thread goes, no one attempted to refute my position that people are born already in Christ, and hence In Christ FIRST AND FOREMOST before they can believe.

If you are right that people are "in Christ" before they believe then we must believe that unbelievers enjoy the following blessings:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Eph.1:3).​

Your idea that unbelievers enjoy those blessings is ridiculous, as ridiculous as what you said here:

You asked me if I want to argue whether a person can be saved prior to believing. I answered Yes.

If you want to argue that a person is saved prior to believing then tell me why Paul and those with him answered the following question in the way that they did:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

According to Paul a person must believe in order to be saved. According to you salvation comes to people before they believe.

Let me see...who am I going to believe, you or Paul?

I will have to go with Paul!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
imagesqtbnANd9GcRtsPo1X2EFhxtls44PV.jpg

Jerry Shugart

Completely and totally and utterly made up. And Jerry thanked you.

What "body" do you think is being referred to here?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

Just a few verses later we see that the reference is to the Body of Christ:

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular" (1 Cor.12:27).​

Here we can see that those in the Body of Christ are totally identified with the Lord Jesus:

"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones"
(Eph.5:30).​

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Again...not sure what you are saying...sorry. Are you saying there is one church, being the body of believers?
Yup.
Or are you saying there is only one true denomination church?
I'm saying, that at the beginning there was only One Church, and what the One Church believed is the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV). And what the contemporary extra-biblical newspapers-of-record record is that the Church believed in the Trinity.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That is not what this verse is saying or even implying:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb.11:1).

When one has true faith then he has the "evidence" that the things revealed in the word of God are true. The things revealed in the word of God are not seen but the believer has the evidence that they are true. Therefore, the true believer "knows" that they are true because the Lord has given us an understanding of these things:
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ" (1 Jn.5:20).
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen," so faith must not be among "things not seen," otherwise this is a silly sentence, so what's faith look like?

God's Truth

Completely and totally and utterly made up. And Jerry thanked you. :doh:

Jesus Christ is the Church and those saved.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church;

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is a member of it.

6days

Yup.
I'm saying, that at the beginning there was only One Church, and what the One Church believed is the One Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV). And what the contemporary extra-biblical newspapers-of-record record is that the Church believed in the Trinity.
I'm not sure if you are being cute with words...or if I'm just daft. The latter is likely true. What do you mean by one true church? There was no organized denomination. The individual congregations had their differences. Their would have been true believers and non believers in each different congregation. It wouldn't have made any difference if each congreagation had put a different name over the church door. Agree? IOW....Do you agree that the one true church consists of both Baptists, vegans :), Catholics...Calvinists, Armenians...etc

Jerry Shugart

If the church at Rome is the One Church then why do her teachings contradict the word of God which reveals that al believers enjoy eternal security? First we can see that Christians have already been given eternal life (1 Jn.5:11). And here is what the Lord Jesus said about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

He also said this:

" All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out"
(Jn.6:37).​

The church at Rome teaches that that the Lord will indeed cast out those who do not meet certain standards and she teaches that no one enjoys eternal security.

All of these things are contradicted by the Scriptures! The leaders of the church at Rome do not even understand the basic teachings found in the Scriptures. They are blind as bats!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
What "body" do you think is being referred to here?:
"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).

Just a few verses later we see that the reference is to the Body of Christ:
"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular" (1 Cor.12:27).

Here we can see that those in the Body of Christ are totally identified with the Lord Jesus:
"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones" (Eph.5:30).
The quote is "The one and only church is Jesus Christ...." Made up. The Church is His Bride.

Jerry Shugart

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen," so faith must not be among "things not seen," otherwise this is a silly sentence, so what's faith look like?

So do you not believe what is said here?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb.11:1).​

You seem to think that you know what it is not saying so please give us your interpretation of what it does mean.

Thanks!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ is the Church and those saved.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church;

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is a member of it.
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church." When did wives lose their independent existence from their husbands? You and real distinctions; you don't see them anywhere, even to silly extents.

God's Truth

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church." When did wives lose their independent existence from their husbands? You and real distinctions; you don't see them anywhere, even to silly extents.

Could you explain more what you are trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.