Moses and Mohammad

popsthebuilder

[FONT=&quot]This is the point: This shows that Allah was associated with three female goddesses. The Arabs did not makeup those names. The names Allah and those of the goddesses go back before the days of Abraham.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sura an-Najm 53:19-22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have you thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá
and Manāt, the third one, another goddess.
What! For you the males and for him the females!
That indeed is an unfair division.[/FONT]
Are you suggesting that there was no concept of GOD prior to the Abrahamic faiths?

Have you ever studied the drawings of cave men? Have you ever heard of Zoroastrianism? Even Hinduism actually, in reality, speaks ultimately of One Creator GOD. What don't you get about names being symbols? If they reference the same One Creator GOD of all existence then what exactly is your issue? Is it really necessary to attempt to manipulate the words of a sacred ancient core text in order to propigate your agenda? It should be apparent to all; your misdirection on this matter, that is. If it is not, I will make it clear.

You attempt to use fear of the unknown to fuel your selfish motives, but we all know that we are to fear no thing but the consiquinces of our own actions upon judgement. To motivate others with fear is wrong.

I do not support any violence on any level, but the Quran is the inspired word of GOD just as the bible is, just as many other sacred writings are.

Different branches of one tree. Indeed some will be cut off, and others grafted in, but to proclaim a whole book and GOD himself to be that of misdirection or deceit, or referring to a multitude of gods is wrong.

I'm sorry you think the word Allah doesn't reference GOD, but it truly does.

I am sorry for my strong words earlier; it was uncalled for and helped neither of our positions or points.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

CherubRam

Bologna sandwich.

Totally different tribes, from different places, different culture, religion, ethnicity, and ancestors.

That's like saying the Dutch forgot the names of the Mohawk gods. The Dutch might have moved into the area previously inhabited by Mohawk tribes, but they were not remotely related, and there was little-no cultural transfer.

Bedouin, also spelled Beduin, Arabic Badawi and plural Badw, Arabic-speaking nomadic peoples of the Middle Eastern deserts, especially of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan.

chair

Bedouin, also spelled Beduin, Arabic Badawi and plural Badw, Arabic-speaking nomadic peoples of the Middle Eastern deserts, especially of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan.

Is there a point to this post? If you are trying to connect the modern day distribution of Arabs to that of Moab 3,000 years ago- let's just say that you aren't quite there yet.

You also seem to confuse "Arab" with "Muslim". Are you aware of Christian Arabs?

I had a Bedouin carpenter at my house last night. Around 7 pm his phone alarm went off: Muezzin call to prayer. I think there is an app for that...I just checked. There are a number of these.

CherubRam- you might want to download one.

Chair

CherubRam

Is there a point to this post? If you are trying to connect the modern day distribution of Arabs to that of Moab 3,000 years ago- let's just say that you aren't quite there yet.

You also seem to confuse "Arab" with "Muslim". Are you aware of Christian Arabs?

I had a Bedouin carpenter at my house last night. Around 7 pm his phone alarm went off: Muezzin call to prayer. I think there is an app for that...I just checked. There are a number of these.

CherubRam- you might want to download one.

Chair

The point is that the peoples did mingle.

CherubRam

If Allah means (The god,) then it can mean any god, since Muslims say it is not a name. The personal name of our God is Yahwah. “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

popsthebuilder

So if I pray to GOD and do not specify Yah or Elohim or Eloha am I in error? Does GOD not here my prayers in your opinion?

peace

CherubRam

You didn't answer my question.

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says Yahwah Almighty, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Last edited:

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot] Honor His Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honorable Mention[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]where is the honor due me?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what are your thoughts about this?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and
if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Something to think about.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Oleander

I thought Christians believe Jesus is the God!

Well, If Yahwah is the name of God, then why the Christians book didn't called him by his name?

I thought the name still a name no matter what language you speak.

CherubRam

I thought Christians believe Jesus is the God!

Well, If Yahwah is the name of God, then why the Christians book didn't called him by his name?

I thought the name still a name no matter what language you speak.
The Catholics removed the name of God from the bible. God's name is Yahwah, and Christ name is Yahshua. Yahwah means "Life Began." Allah does not mean "Life Began."

CherubRam

Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hawkins

[FONT="]Moses and Mohammad[/FONT][/B]

[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]The Prophet[/FONT][/B][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]Deuteronomy 18[/FONT][/B][FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="]14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, (the Lord / [B]Yahwah[/B]) your God has not permitted you to do so. [B]15 (The Lord / Yahwah) your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites.[/B] You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of (the Lord / [B]Yahwah[/B]) your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of (the Lord /[B] Yahwah[/B]) our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.”[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]17 (The Lord / [B]Yahwah[/B]) said to me: “What they say is good. [B]18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites,[/B] and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. [B]20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name (Yahwah) anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, (Allah) is to be put to death.”[/B][/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by (the Lord / Yahwah)?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah) does not take place or come true, that is a message (the Lord / Yahwah) has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.[/FONT]

It's a matter of the validity of human witnessing, and being canonized by a known authority.

The OT stands as a multiple account witnessing. It's crucial that in Jewish custom single person witnessing doesn't count. That's why even Jesus has to put that under the circumstance that in the absence of valid human witnessing, God (the Holy Trinity) will be His valid witnessing. God the father and God the Holy Spirit will be His witnesses. That is to say, under normal circumstance a witnessing is considered valid only when more than one humans stand as witnesses.

The OT is about how the chosen witnesses of God, that is the prophets, stood witnessing for Him in the various times of the Jewish history. This serves the purpose that by the multiple witnessing of chosen humans and mostly through the Jews, God made Himself known to today's humans, Jews and gentiles alike.

This witnessing of multiple human accounts is also canonized, maintained by a human authority designated by God. Such that this human authority will guard the Scripture from any human will to make changes onto it. This is so such that it is verifiable that what God said about human salvation 2000 years ago, will remain the same message of salvation today. It is verifiable that God will not say one thing 2000 years ago and another 2000 years later to humans in regards to the salvation He provided.

As a result, today we can tell that the OT we read today is the same OT the Jews read 2000 years ago. Humans (by the will of God) have a whole library of scrolls (Dead Sea Scrolls) for us to reconcile that the OT remains unchanged theologically speaking.

As for NT, we can tell the same as (again by the will of God) humans have two independent sources of Bible manuscripts, namely, the NIV and KJV versions of the NT Bible. The are theological identical for today's human to tell that God said about the same salvation to humans 2000 years ago, He says the same to today's humans.

In comparison, Islam is a joke, a copycat and a fake!

2000 years ago, the Sanhedrin (thus the Jews) is the only authority for the legitimate publishing and distribution of OT Scripture. The Jews are the guardian of the Word of God. It is them who had canonized the OT legitimately.

The Catholics then picked up the role ever since the Jews failed. They canonized and maintained the NT Bible correctly. God on the other hand, only allow the Protestants to have (and thus be the guardian) both the OT and NT canon correct.

God's earthly apostle's Church also acts as the authority of the various translations of the Bible, especially from the perspective of the salvation message embedded. All churches deemed to be apostle's Church can be identified by the common standard of faith called the Apostle's Creed.

That's how serious God is in regards to the Bible He inspired.

Again in comparison, Islam is a joke, a lame copycat and a fake!

Moses mentioned Jesus because Moses is to fore-shadow Jesus in terms of human salvation. And the parallel is,

Moses, one of the greatest prophets of God, led the Jews out of Egypt to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Canaan.

Jesus, the greatest prophet of God, will lead humans out of Hades/hell to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Heaven (New Earth and New Heaven).

In comparison, Islam is a joke, a lame copycat and a fake!

Hawkins

It's a matter of the validity of human witnessing, and being canonized by a known authority.

The OT stands as a multiple account witnessing. It's crucial that in Jewish custom single person witnessing doesn't count. That's why even Jesus has to put that under the circumstance that in the absence of valid human witnessing, God (the Holy Trinity) will be His valid witnessing. God the father and God the Holy Spirit will be His witnesses. That is to say, under normal circumstance a witnessing is considered valid only when more than one humans stand as witnesses.

The OT is about how the chosen witnesses of God, that is the prophets, stood witnessing for Him in the various times of the Jewish history. This serves the purpose that by the multiple witnessing of chosen humans and mostly through the Jews, God made Himself known to today's humans, Jews and gentiles alike.

This witnessing of multiple human accounts is also canonized, maintained by a human authority designated by God. Such that this human authority will guard the Scripture from any human will to make changes onto it. This is so such that it is verifiable that what God said about human salvation 2000 years ago, will remain the same message of salvation today. It is verifiable that God will not say one thing 2000 years ago and another 2000 years later to humans in regards to the salvation He provided.

As a result, today we can tell that the OT we read today is the same OT the Jews read 2000 years ago. Humans (by the will of God) have a whole library of scrolls (Dead Sea Scrolls) for us to reconcile that the OT remains unchanged theologically speaking.

As for NT, we can tell the same as (again by the will of God) humans have two independent sources of Bible manuscripts, namely, the NIV and KJV versions of the NT Bible. The are theological identical for today's human to tell that God said about the same salvation to humans 2000 years ago, He says the same to today's humans.

In comparison, Islam is a joke, a copycat and a fake!

2000 years ago, the Sanhedrin (thus the Jews) is the only authority for the legitimate publishing and distribution of OT Scripture. The Jews are the guardian of the Word of God. It is them who had canonized the OT legitimately.

The Catholics then picked up the role ever since the Jews failed. They canonized and maintained the NT Bible correctly. God on the other hand, only allow the Protestants to have (and thus be the guardian) both the OT and NT canon correct.

God's earthly apostle's Church also acts as the authority of the various translations of the Bible, especially from the perspective of the salvation message embedded. All churches deemed to be apostle's Church can be identified by the common standard of faith called the Apostle's Creed.

That's how serious God is in regards to the Bible He inspired.

Again in comparison, Islam is a joke, a lame copycat and a fake!

Moses mentioned Jesus because Moses is to fore-shadow Jesus in terms of human salvation. And the parallel is,

Moses, one of the greatest prophets of God, led the Jews out of Egypt to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Canaan.

Jesus, the greatest prophet of God, will lead humans out of Hades/hell to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Heaven (New Earth and New Heaven).

In comparison, Islam is a joke, a lame copycat and a fake!

You'd better turn to Jesus Christ before it's all too late!

CherubRam

Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The word "god" simply means an immortal being who has life immortal. "God" is a word and not a name. The people in heaven are called gods because they have life immortal. The Elect of God are called gods because they will be given life immortal by Yahwah.