More US women killed by intimate partners than by any other group of people

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
To add an element of complexity to this it is self evident to me that violence becomes abuse when the person committing violence is in a position of significant greater strength or power than the victim.

On average this means there is a difference in men hitting women than women hitting men.

It's certainly not self-evident to me.

1. Is someone of significantly lesser strength or power incapable of assaulting someone of significantly greater strength or power?

2. According to you, every act of violence committed by the State, as are most acts of war which most people would consider legitimate, are abuses.

An act of violence is an abuse if and only if the act of violence constitutes an injustice. This could be for the following reasons: 1. the person committing the act of violence did not have the authority to commit it or 2. the person committing the act of violence did not have just cause to commit it.

Whether or not there's a disparity in strength or power is utterly irrelevant.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

Well, in all fairness, Rusha may actually have been lying. I don't know. Perhaps she wasn't talking about me in particular. Perhaps she simply was unaware of what I said, or she misunderstood me.

If, however, she was talking about me and she has been following what I've been saying, then what she said was very possibly a lie.

I didn't say that a right of vengeance should be reserved only for cases in which the offended spouse is a male. I've said exactly the opposite, i.e., that a right of vengeance should go both ways.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Interestingly enough, those opposed to men committing domestic violence have not advocated that it's fine for women to hit men.

For any who may be reading: what Rusha has said above is flat out false. I've already said more or less the opposite.

:freak: Are you opposed to men committing domestic violence?

As I recall, you're not opposed. So why do you think she's talking about you?

What she's saying is that those who are against domestic violence are against it whether a man or a woman is the one committing the violence.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
:freak: Are you opposed to men committing domestic violence?

As I recall, you're not opposed. So why do you think she's talking about you?

What she's saying is that those who are against domestic violence are against it whether a man or a woman is the one committing the violence.

Oh, phooey.

I misread her posting. I initially read her as saying that those who advocate men committing domestic abuse have not advocated that it's fine for women.

Had she said that, what I've posted above would obtain. "But you err, Rusha: VENGEANCE FOR ALL! :cloud9:"

That's not what she said, though. She said "oppose," not "advocate."

Again, mea culpa! :noid:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Let's be honest- it's not about violence against men, it's about violence against women. This entire conversation would be different if we were talking about woman-on-man violence. There would be no hissy fits, calling people evil, condemning others, and all these other absurdities that seems to just flow right from *some people's* mouths as soon as someone has a different belief on the subject.

That's the effect that feminized philosophy has on people :rolleyes:
And it's dumb.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Let's be honest- it's not about violence against men, it's about violence against women. This entire conversation would be different if we were talking about woman-on-man violence. There would be no hissy fits, calling people evil, condemning others, and all these other absurdities that seems to just flow right from *some people's* mouths as soon as someone has a different belief on the subject.

That's the effect that feminized philosophy has on people :rolleyes:
And it's dumb.

You don't know a thing about honesty. (Well, you don't know a thing, period...)

Rush has been completely clear and completely consistent:

Interestingly enough, those opposed to men committing domestic violence have not advocated that it's fine for women to hit men.

It's not. Domestic battery should result in the batterer going to jail. The end.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh, phooey.

I misread her posting. I initially read her as saying that those who advocate men committing domestic abuse have not advocated that it's fine for women.

Had she said that, what I've posted above would obtain. "But you err, Rusha: VENGEANCE FOR ALL! :cloud9:"

That's not what she said, though. She said "oppose," not "advocate."

Again, mea culpa! :noid:

Yes, you did - and then the usual were quick to pile on about her being a liar. She's not. The end.

Anyway, thanks for acknowledging the mistake, and I'm glad you can see her original intent now.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't know a thing about honesty. (Well, you don't know a thing, period...)

Rush has been completely clear and completely consistent:

Of course ... which just shows his *argument* as being nothing more than hot air.

Women
and
Men
Have
No
Right
To
Commit
Domestic
Abuse

Not that I expect it to sink in ...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Combat deaths: 97% men, 3% women
Homicide victims: 76% men, 24% women
Industrial deaths: 93% men, 7% women
Suicide victims: 80% men, 20% women
Global life expectancy: 68.2 yrs men, 73.2 yrs women

Remind me again why I'm supposed to be concerned about the death causes of women over men :think:

While I wait for that answer, I'll let the bacon burn black while I butter the toast. Because logic.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Of course ... which just shows his *argument* as being nothing more than hot air.

Women
and
Men
Have
No
Right
To
Commit
Domestic
Abuse

Not that I expect it to sink in ...

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

Simple repetition doesn't make what's being repeated true.

Not that I expect that to sink in, of course.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

Simple repetition doesn't make what's being repeated true.

Not that I expect that to sink in, of course.

she believes it

she said it

so it must be true

what are you expecting - reasoning and logic? :darwinsm:

ClimateSanity

a man should have the right to discipline his wayward wife

??????

Women are not children. If they are fornicating, get a good lawyer and divorce them. I can't imagine any woman accepting discipline. I hope you are not referring to violence. Your going to have to flesh out what you mean a bit more clearer.